Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Against duratrax??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:41 PM
all in
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Against duratrax??

I was just checking through and found everybody here is against duratrax. I was at the local track and they were actual competeing with the highend stuff pretty well. As far as breakage I saw a lot of the higher end stuff broke more. the only good part was when the duratrax stuff broke it was checp to fix. I was just wondering why everyone bashes on Traxxas and Duratrax stuff so much. I run a T4 and the lowerend stuff keeps right up with it. Has everyone had that much trouble with Duratax, I was looking at getting the Raze ST.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:49 PM
team carpet fire

Default RE: Against duratrax??

my friend has a duratrax and it always breaks when my losi does not break i someties call them duratrash
Old 08-07-2008, 02:04 PM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: all in

I was just checking through and found everybody here is against duratrax. I was at the local track and they were actual competeing with the highend stuff pretty well. As far as breakage I saw a lot of the higher end stuff broke more. the only good part was when the duratrax stuff broke it was checp to fix. I was just wondering why everyone bashes on Traxxas and Duratrax stuff so much. I run a T4 and the lowerend stuff keeps right up with it. Has everyone had that much trouble with Duratax, I was looking at getting the Raze ST.
Because compared other companies the quality of the trucks are not as good,

I rarly break things on my competition level trucks but was breaking something every time i started my traxxas revo.

Here is a good example,

I was at the track last night, I broke the front spindle on my 8ight, now its a competition truck and I broke the spindle, now if you had just come to the track you would be like man that 8ight just broke and the revo hasn't. But you don't know the history, I hadn't broken any parts on my 8ight in months, and the sinpdle was the orginal and was getting brittle from all the calcium on the track.

Most people bash those starter brands because they started with them, and the broke constantly. Then they upgrade to a quality truck and relize that it doesn't have to break every time they go out, so it builds some hate for them.

Just my thoughts.

Id read some reviews on the raze before I bought it,
Old 08-07-2008, 02:35 PM
westphill24

I think its sort of what slayer said but I think the new people use them and crash a lot. While learning they get better they upgrade and by that time they dont crash as much. So is it the car or there skills just got better. I started out with a revo last year and even then I didnt break much.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:13 PM
cobra26

I have, and have had, Duratrax and Traxxas buggies and truggies. I have always found them to be quite durable. Maybe not as tunable as high-priced competition buggies and truggies, but able to keep up in many cases, sometimes not. Would one of them be my choice for serious racing? No. Would I run them in a novice class against high-priced vehicles? Yes. I believe they are good value (for the most part) for the average basher, and sometime racer. They get trashed a lot in groups like this, but IMHO, unjustifiably so.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:08 PM
NewKid

duratrax just isn't as competitive it's fine for a beginner car but after you begin to race more and run more with the high end stuff you'll see the difference and understand why people say don't be bothered with duratrax
Old 08-07-2008, 04:57 PM
INTEGRA

Its Duratrash btw....Not duratrax
Old 08-07-2008, 05:16 PM
rcmadness09

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH DURATRAX AT ALL. I RECENTLY BOUGHT THE NEW RTX-27 AND HAVE HAD LESS PROBLEMS WITH THIS TRUCK THEN WHEN I FIRST GOT MY REVO. THEY MAKE PRETTY DESCENT STUFF FOR THE MONEY. AND OUT THE BOX THE RTX-27 IS ONE TUFF BABY AND HANDLES ABOUT 30% BETTER THAN THE STOCK REVO. EVERYONE WILL HAVE AN OPINION BUT UNTIL YOU TRY IT DON'T KNOCK IT.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:29 PM
socal450

I think Traxxas is years ahead of Duratrax. They are on a totally different level. Buy what you can afford.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
rcmadness09

NOT EVERYBODY IS AGAINST DURATRAX. JUST PEOPLE THAT DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER. THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE RELIABILITY IN A PRODUCT IS IN HOW YOU DRIVE THE STUFF. I HAVE OWNED A NITRO EVADER ST FOR OVER 3 YEARS WITH NO COMPLAINTS IT IS A VERY WELL BUILT BUGGY AND I HAVE OVER 7 GAL OF FUEL THREW HER AND SHE STILL RUNS STRONG.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:09 PM
all in

I may try one all the reveiwsI saw are good. I just weekend warrior around the track no serious racer. I used to bag on the cheaper stuff after I got my FT T4, than an Evader won the main almost all stock. Now I look at it a little different I just wanted if it was hear say or people really having that much trouble.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:11 PM
romax

I'm new to the sport & recently bought a duratrax raze st & when i posted how good it has been some jerk told me i got ripped off. The way i see it i am having just as much fun with my $350.00 truggy as other people are with high dollar truggies. I wanted something i could get into & make sure i wanted to do. I'm sure i will upgrade my raze & eventually buy a better truck , but what if i spent say 500 or 600 & didn't like it, 350.00 wasted is a lot easier to swallow than 600.00.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:39 PM
SycoCell
My Feedback: (3)

I don't think duratrash is very good. I am not speaking from much, but three of my damn flash point temp readers don't work anymore. Each of them quit after MAYBE a month of use.

But as far as Traxxas. Traxxas is a GREAT company. They are built more for the newbs in the business, but on the other hand, with some good upgrades, the Revo is pretty good at racing. I've had a revo and raced it. I rarely broke anything! But now that I switched over to Losi, boy I will never look back. The 8ight-t and Muggy creammmmmmmmm the traxxas stuff.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:00 PM
rcmadness09

ORIGINAL: NewKid

duratrax just isn't as competitive it's fine for a beginner car but after you begin to race more and run more with the high end stuff you'll see the difference and understand why people say don't be bothered with duratrax
The new Rtx-27 is killing the revo's and lst2 on track left and right here in town. its funny when people talk and don't know what they are saying. Go and look up reviews on the new rtx-27 its by duratrax. Its putting the revo in check.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:02 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had the Raze buggy and a few friends had the Raze ST, we've all given them away or put them in a box in the basement. Duratrax has never been a competitive company with any of the top brands, but they also weren't MEANT to be competitive with them. Duratrax is just a company that makes budget cars and trucks to help people get into the hobby, to where Losi, AE, Mugen, Etc. are high-end companies who make buggies and trucks that are built for racing instead of bashing.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:09 PM
rcmadness09

ORIGINAL: sfar785

i had the Raze buggy and a few friends had the Raze ST, we've all given them away or put them in a box in the basement. Duratrax has never been a competitive company with any of the top brands, but they also weren't MEANT to be competitive with them. Duratrax is just a company that makes budget cars and trucks to help people get into the hobby, to where Losi, AE, Mugen, Etc. are high-end companies who make buggies and trucks that are built for racing instead of bashing.
I had the Triple X losi and i can tell you it aint no better than a ford pinto. all you are paying for is a name. every company will have there share of lemons. duratrax is a great company and stand behind there products 100%.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:22 PM
sfar785

yeah, i'm paying for the name "Losi" because i know they make great products....Duratrax is known as Duratrash for a reason. You can't even begin to compare Losi to Duratrax, that's like comparing a Hyundai to a Ferrari
Old 08-07-2008, 09:35 PM
rcmadness09

yeah, i'm paying for the name "Losi" because i know they make great products....Duratrax is known as Duratrash for a reason. You can't even begin to compare Losi to Duratrax, that's like comparing a Hyundai to a Ferrari
Lol they brake just as much as the next as i said before its just a name.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:30 PM
sfar785

ORIGINAL: rcmadness09

Lol they brake just as much as the next as i said before its just a name.
then you need to change your driving skills, i've been racing a few years and can go weeks without breaking a part on my 8ight, but i can go out and race the same way with my old Raze and won't be able to finish the race because of the fact that it's NOT BUILT FOR RACING
Old 08-07-2008, 10:55 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your happy who cares what brand it is? I had a Losi xxxnt and nitro evader stadium truck, and honestly I liked the durtrax as it seemed more durable, and the included OS .18 motor, I love OS products.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:57 PM
INTEGRA

sfar785.....Id give it up...u know he's gonna come back with dumber and dumber reason's why the Duratrash is as good as a Losi,AE,Mugen,Kyosho....i say let him live in his little dream world he's created for himself.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:14 PM
rcmadness09

Some people like to think you get what you pay for but that don't apply in the rc world. I guess its a macho thing. I bet anyone out there that i can take a raze buggy and with a new motor i can keep up with the best of them. and for alot less money.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 PM
rcmadness09

ORIGINAL: silverman1

If your happy who cares what brand it is? I had a Losi xxxnt and nitro evader stadium truck, and honestly I liked the durtrax as it seemed more durable, and the included OS .18 motor, I love OS products.
Amen to that! i have had the dtx evader for over 3 years and still running strong. havent broke down either.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:25 PM
INTEGRA

Some people like to think you get what you pay for but that don't apply in the rc world. I guess its a macho thing. I bet anyone out there that i can take a raze buggy and with a new motor i can keep up with the best of them. and for alot less money.

HAH.....Hahahaha....thats the funniest thing i have EVER heard.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: NewKid

The new Rtx-27 is killing the revo's and lst2 on track left and right here in town. its funny when people talk and don't know what they are saying. Go and look up reviews on the new rtx-27 its by duratrax. Its putting the revo in check.
Really..I would have to say I would want to see some videos of this..the RTX-27 is a copy of the Savage..and not a good one at that..so just live with the fact that duratrax makes decent entry level trucks..not "racing" trucks..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.