Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Had to Have It... - Asso RC8T

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Had to Have It... - Asso RC8T

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:49 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Had to Have It... - Asso RC8T

Details to Come..

Old 10-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Chedzter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Had to Have It...

Nice choice you will like it[8D]
Old 10-11-2008, 07:41 PM
stussman

Did u decide on yor mill yet? I no u narrowed it down 2 a few 21 missles. The os28 still in the box unused?
Old 10-12-2008, 01:12 AM
HerrSavage

Yeah, still trying to sell the OS(NIB, unused, never even mounted..) Unfortunately, only really makes sense to sell it in Euros..(looking for €220 shipped in Germany..)

I actually found a used Nosram 21 with 2063 pipe on e-bay here. Six liters through it. New that combo would've cost pretty much more than I could or would pay - but this guy gave me a package deal with a couple Kopropo servos thrown in, that just seemed too good to pass up(new just the mill, pipe, and servos would cost more than the kit..) So that's what it'll be for starters.. Risky I know going for a used engine, but the guy sounded OK - said he was selling his buggy cuz he was going back to racing onroad 1/8. Maybe I'll get burned, I don't know.

OK, time to open the box over Sunday morning coffee...
Old 10-12-2008, 08:33 AM
SycoCell
My Feedback: (3)

Haha..When I looked at this thread title, I guessed it would be the RC8T. Great choice bro!
Old 10-12-2008, 08:51 AM
pooldoc

I just got a C6 to put in my rc8t now just need the truggy.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:07 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Yeah, still trying to sell the OS(NIB, unused, never even mounted..) Unfortunately, only really makes sense to sell it in Euros..(looking for €220 shipped in Germany..)

I actually found a used Nosram 21 with 2063 pipe on e-bay here. Six liters through it. New that combo would've cost pretty much more than I could or would pay - but this guy gave me a package deal with a couple Kopropo servos thrown in, that just seemed too good to pass up(new just the mill, pipe, and servos would cost more than the kit..) So that's what it'll be for starters.. Risky I know going for a used engine, but the guy sounded OK - said he was selling his buggy cuz he was going back to racing onroad 1/8. Maybe I'll get burned, I don't know.

why don't you buy a new JPX 21 from the US ? buying a used motor is very risky !!! PIcco's breakin can be tricky, and if its not done right the motor could end up being a major PITA..... before you pay any money be sure to have the person measure the crankpin to be sure its still round and notovalled out........it would even be worse of that Nosram was the older SH version of the motor, the Picco versions are just very recent....
Old 10-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Gdubb

So your upgrading from from the Hyper? Def nice!!
Old 10-13-2008, 12:10 AM
HerrSavage

I know it was a risk, but what I paid was practically a good price just for the pipe and servos.. It's defo the RR too, not the 21 Evo SH thing. I kind of had the feeling this guy had sponsorhip connections or something, cuz nobody else seems to have that engine and pipe combo.. I found out btw that the original RC8T I saw at the race was from one of the main Thunder Tiger team drivers..

So I don't know - we'll see with the engine..

As for the build, going OK. Front end is done. Kind of annoyed to be reading all over the place now how the stock set-up is all off, after I've filled all the diffs and shocks... Anyway, I think I'll take the 7000 out of the rear diff and put in 3000. If I do that though, should I take the 7 out of the middle and put in 10?? Would then be 7-10-3.. OR, just leave it 7-7-3?? I know it depends on tracks and all, I just want a good all-around set-up for starters.. Everybody seems to be saying that with 7-7-7 the truck "pushes" really bad.. I'm not very good at experimenting with and finding the right set-up. I almost prefer to adjust my driving style to the car than to make major changes. Did that at my first race, and the truck was running very differently every heat - which of course led to mistakes.. Finally I just said leave it, I'll adjust. In general though I think my drving style is/will be more aggressive, less so technical and precise...

Also reading that the stock 50wt shock oil is too heavy. But that's staying for now.

Hands still hurt - LOTS of little grub screws....

Need to get this done quickish - which is a shame really. Can't enjoy the build. Need it together though cuz the next race is the weekend after next.., and I hope to get a few tanks through it before plopping down on the track to race....

I also think I'm just gonna paint the bod black, even though that's a racing no-no it seems. But black is all I have, and I've got to cut corners financially now.. Have it, gotta' use it... Visibility won't a problem I think. Maybe in a hall, but by the time the next hall race comes around, I hope to have a new nicer bod...

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

why don't you buy a new JPX 21 from the US ? buying a used motor is very risky !!! PIcco's breakin can be tricky, and if its not done right the motor could end up being a major PITA..... before you pay any money be sure to have the person measure the crankpin to be sure its still round and notovalled out........it would even be worse of that Nosram was the older SH version of the motor, the Picco versions are just very recent....

Old 10-14-2008, 08:35 AM
HerrSavage

Starting to take shape..

My hands hurt..

Old 10-14-2008, 03:07 PM
DS

thats sweet
Old 10-14-2008, 09:58 PM
towertrainer

verry nice cant wait to get mine
Old 10-15-2008, 11:41 AM
HerrSavage

Silver's a bit boring.., but oh well it's done.. Just waiting for the engine and servos, then ready to go...

Old 10-15-2008, 04:14 PM
scrambles12

wait is it nitro
Old 10-15-2008, 05:54 PM
madmax22

course' its nitro smart one... hmm... HINT "waiting on ENGINE and servo's to come"
Old 10-15-2008, 06:52 PM
revoskid32

what if he was talking about a electric engine?

Easily could have been so.

And Electric conversion.
But yah, it's nitro.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
ericem

ORIGINAL: madmax22

course' its nitro smart one... hmm... HINT "waiting on ENGINE and servo's to come"
Don't have to be so smartass about it smartone 'HINT HINT'.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:39 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: revoskid32

what if he was talking about a electric engine?

Easily could have been so.

And Electric conversion.
But yah, it's nitro.
You mean electric MOTOR?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:57 AM
HerrSavage

I'm plug shopping.. Sirio Turbo # 5 for the Nosram??...
Old 10-17-2008, 06:13 AM
HerrSavage

Finished!!!

Ready to rock(I hope.. Let's see how this used engine does.... [:@]) Went with the 5955 on steering, Ko Propo 2366 on throttle/brake.. We'll see how it goes...

Old 10-19-2008, 02:50 AM
HerrSavage

Ran my truck for the first time today.. Was trying to find a tune on the engine.. Anyway, I melted the freakin' brakes.. :-(

Try to make this short - the idle gap on the engine seemed too big when I installed it - even when pressing it in as far as it could go, so I put in an 8mm insert(instead of the 9mm that was in there..) OK.. But I expected the idle to be high.. So it was.. Anyway, was hunting for a tune, making progress, but somwhere along the line it was binding I guess.., as I made adjustments on the radio... So it's my own dumb fault.. The two upper halves of the center diff mount were melted - the caliper was literally melted into the plastic on both sides.. I had to chisel it off.. There's still like calcified melted plastic caked onto the calipers..

Haven't checked the clutch yet - hope it's in one piece.. [:@]

I could I guess take parts from the buggy and fix it.. But god I'm so wrenched out from the last week of getting it together, I'm just gonna' leave it for now..

I think all I need to replace is the upper center diff mounts, calipers, and pads I guess.... I fxxxing hate brakes... Don't know why, but I always seem to have problems with linkages and finding a good brake setup....

Am definitely, MASSIVELY impressed with the truck though.. Turns like crazy. Was getting there on the engine too, but never was able to arrive at the right settings.. These Italian race mills are a bit harder to tune than the Machs, Axials, and LRP's I'm used to... Was definitely showing signs of that wicked crazy top end that made me want this combo so bad from the beginning...

Anyway, here's a clip from what it was running like right around the time the brakes fried I think..

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV06329.flv

Re the engine deal:

Does anybody understand my tuning issue?? With the 9mm carb insert in, and the carb all the way closed, there's just a huge gap in the idle setting, which can't be right.. It looks like there's a small rubber ring or something at the end of the carb slide - but I don't know - the book didn't come with the engine... It's a Picco Evo 3 basically.. Still has pretty heavy pinch too.. Can barely turn it over with my finger, and it actually seized and cut out once or twice with the piston stuck at TDC

I don't even know the stock settings... As I've read supertib say over and over, the carb responds to the ever-so-slightest adjustments - and this seemed to be the case(was nice actually I have to admit - small adjustment, noticeable difference, and so on..) At the beginning it was just gagging and not topping out, so I found that richening it bit by bit was getting me that top-end scream I was looking for(That was exhilerating.... Couple times it just took off in like a top-end turbo-charged whoosh...) Temps were also way too cool - in the 170's and 180's most of the day(near 200 in the vid OK, but that was the only time.. out of about four tanks alltogether...) I'Ve also read supertib say how these engines have to be well warmed up to run right, but it was just never getting up there, and I ran like 2-3 tanks right through it without cutting off..

It does seem like at least a tune is possible with this engine, unlike my Nova 528XR that just wouldn't tune no matter what(sold it to a guy for whom it ran like a top, no changes in settings - just a different fuel.. We determined it just didn't like my SW %25..) Anyway, one weird thing about yesterday - when the engine was running and sounding weird, I couldn't figure if the HSN was too lean or too rich.. With temps at 180 after f.arting around with little jabs to the throttle, it was just weird that in order to get temps UP, I had to richen the HSN.. I've never used carb inserts either, so maybe they do something weird.. Although the engine obviously has a wicked top end with the 8mm insert, I kind of suspected it was weakish from a stop(but then the tune was off..), so I'm gonna try the 9mm.... If I can get my brakes back together.....[:@]

Any tips on the engine tuning would be greatly appreciated... Sssooo wish I had a local to help me out.. There will be I guess at next weekend's race, but I'd MUCH prefer to have it sorted out before then...
Old 10-23-2008, 03:36 PM
HerrSavage

So, nice little tip for RC8T drivers - the diffs are identical to those from the TT ST-1.....
Old 10-24-2008, 04:11 AM
HerrSavage

Well I've been kicking myself for painting the stock bod such a boring silver... So since the new Proline body was going cheap I decided to give it a try and paint it my normal(boring to some maybe, but I like it..) black..

The body is not as cool as the stocker IMO - but the stocker isn't really available here yet..

I like this in black much better than the silver.. Overall the body shape style is a bit subdued IMO...

Old 10-24-2008, 05:08 AM
cobra26

Default RE: Had to Have It... - Asso RC8T

HerrSavage,

I never thought I'd like a solid black body, but yours looks great! I may have to flatter you by copying your idea - I really like it.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:52 PM
TRIPPLE A STRONG
Banned

looks good i like the high flow body my self so waht diff set up worked the best im running the 777 so far and 50 in the shocks gona try 45 in the shocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.