Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

**Caster Racing F8T Brushless Truggy**

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

**Caster Racing F8T Brushless Truggy**

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 06:24 PM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: **Caster Racing F8T Brushless Truggy**

When can we get one of these things!!!!???? Im ready to buy one NOW. Screw messing around with nitro and getting the RC 8T. I want one of these bad boys. Got any video of this puppy?
The KIT is available now http://holeshothobbies.com/index.php...roducts_id=327. I do not have video yet of it. Sorry.

do they make this in RTR?
The RTR is on its way.

BTW I am posting in a little bit the first pics of the production Race Roller that just hit the states this past week!
Waiting on Pricing.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:30 PM
vnmsgt

Here are pics of the Production race roller that just hit the states this past week. Waiting on pricing right now.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:06 PM
sdp30

Do you have any idea What the rtr gonna price at. They should make an assembled kitthat comes with just the motor or ESC!! that would be sweet. Please keep us posted on the rtr relaese
Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 06:56 AM
vnmsgt

Street price for the race roller should be about $300, RTR I do not know yet.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:20 PM
hakmazter

Around $600 street price. It does cost more than the buggy unfortunately.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:23 PM
hakmazter

ORIGINAL: sdp30

Do you have any idea What the rtr gonna price at. They should make an assembled kitthat comes with just the motor or ESC!! that would be sweet. Please keep us posted on the rtr relaese
Thanks

Then get the sport and get the caster hobbywing combo or the speedpassion combo. I am sure holeshot hobbies can get either setup. Then you can use your radio, servo, and batts...

With the rtr, you could use the radio as a backup or for something else or ebay it since it sounds like you have a radio.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:07 PM
j_blaze

... nice tires...
Old 04-27-2009, 08:53 AM
bcltoys

When you get the pro kit what does it come with I/E batt trays motor mount or what.Thanks
Old 04-27-2009, 09:29 AM
bcltoys

Sorry to post again with out and answer but if kit does come with batt trays what are the dimensions.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:54 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: bcltoys

Sorry to post again with out and answer but if kit does come with batt trays what are the dimensions.
The PRO KIT comes with eveything you need to mount the motor and esc. Motor mount is CNC aluminum 5mm thick. The battery trays are 48mm x 140mm. Here is a pic so you can see the motor mount the trays.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:52 PM
bcltoys

How about motors will the cc combo fit on this kit possibly the 2200 combo.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:42 AM
negev

Hi vnmsgt I am currently over in iraq and there is a r/c club starting. I bought a tamiya frog back in the 80's and i want to get back into electric racing again. I have been researching truggys for the last 3-4 weeks and decided to go with the caster racing F8T pro. I am really impressed buy the quality and engineering they put into this model. I contacted caster direct and they are going to build me one and ship it to me. I have a question about the truck that i see noone has asked. when i first started looking at these trucks i noticed some have wheelie bars and this one doesnt i was wondering why? Also can you pull the front drive shafts out and run it as 2 wheel drive? These questions might seem stupid but please bear with me as i am trying to bring myself back up to speed on r/c. Thanks for your time in this matter...

Negev
Old 05-03-2009, 12:04 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

we need some better looking rims...the truck looks awesome but those stock rims have got to go...heck we could even just include a nice set of white LPR rims on the RTR or in the kits
Old 05-04-2009, 01:17 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: negev

Hi vnmsgt I am currently over in iraq and there is a r/c club starting. I bought a tamiya frog back in the 80's and i want to get back into electric racing again. I have been researching truggys for the last 3-4 weeks and decided to go with the caster racing F8T pro. I am really impressed buy the quality and engineering they put into this model. I contacted caster direct and they are going to build me one and ship it to me. I have a question about the truck that i see noone has asked. when i first started looking at these trucks i noticed some have wheelie bars and this one doesnt i was wondering why? Also can you pull the front drive shafts out and run it as 2 wheel drive? These questions might seem stupid but please bear with me as i am trying to bring myself back up to speed on r/c. Thanks for your time in this matter...

Negev
Wheelie bars? Not that I know of. Can you find any pics. I think you mean sway bars right? The KIT version comes with front/rear sway bars and the Race rollers only come with rear sway bars. Also NO you cannot just remove the front drive shafts and it be 2 wheel drive. All the power would transfer to the front diff and it not go anywhere. You would have to get a solid center diff (spool) or JB weld the internal gears of the center diff all together, then you could remove your front center driveshaft and it would be 2wd. By doint that all the power would just transfer to the rear.
we need some better looking rims...the truck looks awesome but those stock rims have got to go...heck we could even just include a nice set of white LPR rims on the RTR or in the kits
I actually like those wheels LOL! They are LPR wheels too.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Oasis TR

A few questions..Does it come with big bores and since the rims are LPR size will they work with the AKA tires, the tread width appears to be quite a bit larger on the stock tires. Is their a clear body for it as well..
Old 05-04-2009, 07:05 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

A few questions..Does it come with big bores and since the rims are LPR size will they work with the AKA tires, the tread width appears to be quite a bit larger on the stock tires. Is their a clear body for it as well..
It was not supposed to come with the big bores from the original pics BUT as we can see in the pics it does. The pics are from a actual production one ready for sale. I personally have not see what the wheels look like with tires unmounted on them but I assume they will work with AKA tires. Have not tried to mount any yet with any tires but I can only run VP PRO so I could not say about the AKA's right now. Yes there is a clear body. I have one of them I am going to paint. I would recommend taping the inside of the body and/or using shoe goo to strengthen it up some. The body is way better then the old one but I still do that to all my bodies.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:07 AM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

I'll trade you the rims I got with my K8t for some jconcepts and or dish wheels of some sort lol in LPR size might I add lol
Old 05-07-2009, 06:38 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: NewKid

I'll trade you the rims I got with my K8t for some jconcepts and or dish wheels of some sort lol in LPR size might I add lol
uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........no lol
Old 06-01-2009, 03:06 AM
Anx

Hi, hope you can help me... Is the 2045kv fusion motor faster/better performance wise compared to the other motor supplied with the F8T (1880kv)

Thanks
Old 06-04-2009, 02:09 AM
hakmazter

The fusion truggy motor is 36x74mm therefore it won't fit in the buggy. It will turn slower overall, but that could be modified with gearing selection. The 2045 is a 36x60mm motor.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:19 PM
vnmsgt

Here is a video of RC CAR ACTION magazine driving the Caster F8T Truggy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjVHb...eature=related
Old 06-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Valdeck

Great video Vnm
Old 06-12-2009, 09:56 AM
spikeitaudi

Vnmsgt,

I am assuming you can use the carbon fiber parts from diggity on the Brushless model as well?

Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 AM
hakmazter

Diggity got all the F8T parts from Caster USA. I would imagine they are almost done making the parts if they are not done by now.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:28 AM
spikeitaudi

Nevermind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.