Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

advice selling my truggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:19 AM
cat samich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice selling my truggy

so i just picked up a brand new hellfire ss kit.
it was still new and only had been assembled. i already added a futaba mag sport radio and servos. i planed to buy a motor for it this weekend, but opon further thought decided to just sell it and finnish my e-maxx project. so my question is what should i ask for it? i was thinking 350$ was a good price but then again i dont really know what these things go for. its super clean and has never even had a motor or pipe mounted to it so i figure it has to still have some value. tell me what you guys think so i can put it on the fleabay or craigslist
Old 03-03-2009, 10:58 AM
slayerphonics

Default RE: advice selling my truggy

if you have the time, part it out. you will make more money.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:00 PM
cat samich

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

if you have the time, part it out. you will make more money.

i dont really wana part it out, its a very nice truggy and as stated before its brand new. is 350 really to much? i thought these were over 600 when bought from a hobby store?
Old 03-03-2009, 06:11 PM
K_B

You can get a Losi 8T for $300 online right now which is considered to be far superior to the Hellfire. The Hellfire has a rather dubious reputation for being fragile. I would try to sell it for $350 on Craigslist because there are less informed buyers that browse CL than Ebay or other R/C related forum classifieds.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:28 PM
xxxkat

The market is really "soft" right now for used (even brand new used). And a Hellfire is an even harder sell. I have a Hellfire and I kept it for the reason that it's not worth anything..and the bad rep was for the RTR Hellfire, The SS is a good truggy.. Not on the same level as a Losi or Mugen but still not bad..price on a Hellfire with no motor or radio equp. is around $150..that's why I still have mine..haha
Old 03-04-2009, 04:10 PM
K_B

I just sold a Revo on Ebay with all the race trimmings including an OS .18TM with less than 2 gallons on it for $185. I also sold a CEN Matrix roller almost brand new for a whopping $77. That's how soft the market is

I was gonna sell my Losi 8 and 8T for the newer models, but I can maybe get $200 for the truggy as a roller with extra parts and tires/wheels. Even less for the buggy. So I too, decided to just keep 'em and run 'em.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:59 AM
cat samich

thanks for the advice guys, i suppose ur right about the market sucking right now. i have just decided to keep it. i went to the LHS tonight and spent a few bucks on an axial 28 a hard coated dynamite 053 with matching header and a new aluminum 3 shoe clutch.

to hell with it i will just run it into the ground and then pull the motor and radio to build another truggy in the future
Old 03-06-2009, 10:34 AM
xxxkat

That's what I did.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what on earth would posses you to buy a hellfire in the first place ?
Old 03-06-2009, 11:22 AM
cat samich

ORIGINAL: supertib

i traded a rusty xl-5 with no electrics and a blade mcx for it i didnt realize that they were not that popular and also no longer made haha. the guy had 2 of them and this one was new, the other was rtr and he still used it. i just figured he didnt want 2 of them. besides he had a ton of rc's (like 30+) he is heavy into swapping them back and forth with his buddys

besides im not gonna race im only gonna fool around in my back yard track
Old 03-06-2009, 12:01 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh then you got a pretty sweet deal...! I would just run it and enjoy it, please keep an update and let us know how it does for you......

I have seen where guys walk into their LHS and the owner talks them into a NIB Hellfire SS for full retail...meanwhile the owner knows full well the HFSS is obsolete and is just clearing old inventory to a unsuspecting customer who doesn't know any better....
Old 03-06-2009, 12:17 PM
xxxkat

When I got mine it was one of the first ones out..l got it for "free"..so the price was right and no one really knew about them.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:38 PM
cat samich

oh then you got a pretty sweet deal...! I would just run it and enjoy it, please keep an update and let us know how it does for you......

I have seen where guys walk into their LHS and the owner talks them into a NIB Hellfire SS for full retail...meanwhile the owner knows full well the HFSS is obsolete and is just clearing old inventory to a unsuspecting customer who doesn't know any better....

My Lhs has more than enough spare parts to build 5 more of them. the guy there said that if i end up liking the truck he would sell me the whole pile of it for a severely discounted price.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:45 PM
devast8r
My Feedback: (17)

So does anybody make a electric conversion kit for one?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:06 PM
stussman

I just got back from a hard core bash over very large jumps with my hellfire with os28. And wow, finally didnt break anything!