Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

SEE RAZE ST OFFICIAL THREAD

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

SEE RAZE ST OFFICIAL THREAD

Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 PM
mentat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEE RAZE ST OFFICIAL THREAD

I am seriously thinking about buying a RAZE ST TRUGGY. What are your thoughts about these? The review i seen here looks pretty good for the money. I am about to buy this and hoping that im making a mistake
Old 04-03-2009, 09:40 AM
devilchrist

Default RE: HELP!! RAZE ST TRUGGY

well i'm pretty new at this too.. seems the RAZE buggy is getting good reviews but not sure about the ST. I think the Statium truck is heavier? may be prone to more damage? but hell you're getting solid warranty and plenty of ebay part sellers.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:45 PM
chaserogesr14

I have one of these too(not the truck)
Old 04-03-2009, 04:11 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

I just got mine yesterday, I won't have time to break it in until prob. sunday, but once I do I'll give my thoughts on it....... Out of the box it seems like its really well built, maybe not as durable as some of the 600+ truggies, but for 165 shipped, you can't go wrong........
Old 04-03-2009, 04:53 PM
mentat

So far, from what you guys are saying is its a positive purchase, hell upgrade a few things and it can compete with the big boys. its not about the car its about the driver anyway. looking forward to hear more thoughts on it.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:50 PM
romax

The raze st is a good starter truggy. I started club racing w/ one & have since upgraded to a jammin. The raze tunes easy & is durable. If you get one & plan on racing you will have to get better tires & steering servo. I will tell you it will not be as competetive as a high end race truggy, but if it's just for fun what the heck.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:28 PM
mentat

If u upgrade the engine and tires, that should be enough to give it a chance wouldnt it
Old 04-05-2009, 02:09 PM
romax

I allways made top 5 in the a main w/ just tires & high torque steering servo. most of the difference was if the truck got out of shape it didn't recover as fast as the new jammin i have. I did put a sh.28 i had laying around in it & man the thing came alive so it was actually easier to drive because it didn't come up short on any jumps & it would pull good out of corners etc. I never fooled w/ the suspension much so i'm sure it could be made better. A lot of people told me i got ripped off & should have paid more for a better truggy because the ones at there track never finished a race ,but i think it is because beginners buy these trucks & don't maintain them properly. I never dnf'd but another guy at thetrack had a raze & something was always wrong w/ it but it was stuff coming loose from not cking it over. I told him the diffs come w/ greese in them & he needed to put diff oil in them & 3 or 4 races later he lost a diff. I asked what oil he was running & he said whatever it came with. Just another case of user neglect.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:49 PM
mentat

Romax thanks for the ifo, what kind of oil do you recommend?
Old 04-06-2009, 05:27 PM
romax

It really depends on the track your running on but a good starting point would be 5K front 7K center 3K rear. That's what i run here in Ga. with loose powder on top of hard pack. As for brand , i use gs racing because that's what the LHS carries. Hope that helps.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:30 PM
TCH

What tires are good for that type of track Romax?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:00 PM
romax

Proline holeshot or aka cityblock , if it's a little wet , bowties
Old 04-07-2009, 12:04 AM
bhcvc

Default RE: SEE RAZE ST OFFICIAL THREAD

romax -

How do crimefighters compare to the holeshots and bow-ties?

Also, any comments on JConcepts tires like the Double Dees, etc.?

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:48 PM
TCH

I saw on some of the reviews about upgrading the batteries to 5 cell hump packs for the receiver and tranmitter. Any suggestions on which to get for a good price. Also, I read about upgrading the servos. What should I be looking for? I see that they come in diffrent torques and speeds and have no clue what that means. What servos would be a a good upgrade for a noobie so that I can learn to steer better.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:53 PM
romax

Haven't used the Jconcepts. The crimefighters have a more open tread pattern so if you are running in mud they will not gum up as much & are a pretty good all around tire. The holeshots seem to work better on most surfaces except mud, they tend to cake up w/ mud & of course then you won't have any traction. Bow ties work better when track is a little moist. I also use the losi xtt tires they are a pretty good all around tire. I wish they had 1 tire that worked on all surfaces , so if you race on a lot of different surfaces you'll have to have several sets. I try to watch the faster drivers & how their truggy or buggy works & see what setup they use. Soft compounds usually work better but wear quik so i use mediums. Hope that helps.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:05 PM
romax

The upgrade to 5 cell hump pack (nimh) is good for reciever but i just use AA throw away batteries in the tx. I actually use 1400 mah duratrax battery packs in all my cars, I will prob. go up to 1600 or 1800mah packs because more run time between charges. As far as servos in a truggy i run hitech 333 oz. in torque but they cost around $120.00. The higher torque rating is better. i would say for bashing somewhwre around 150 oz in would be o.k. but for racing i would say 250 oz in min. Most speeds are close to the same on higher priced servos. Coreless motors are faster & def. get metal gears.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:04 PM
mentat

One of the best LOW COST servos you can get for steering are listed below, but if you are serious about your car then get the best one you can afford. I have listed some below, there is a guy here on RCU that sells servos that he backs up with a money back gaurantee, I am planning on buying some since they are so cheap, lots of people have good things to say about them. I'll link that below too. Def getting a battery pack is the way to go that way you can use the full 6 volts for your onboard electronics servos etc... I would recommend the one im going to list below, its a great price.

Venom Receiver 6V 1200mAh NiMH FlatRadio or Venom 5-Cell 6V 1200mAh Receiver NiMH Hump http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p

Futaba S3305 High-Torque Standard Servo w/Metal Gears 32.99 here is the LINK: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDWF8&P=C

Hitec HS-645MG High-Torque 2BB Metal Gear Servo $31.99 here is the LINK: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUZ89&P=C

Hitec HS-7950TG Mega Torque Ti Gear Digital Dual BB $139.99 here is the LINK: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWCE6&P=ML

Power Plus Pro high speed and torque digital servo: http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1053
Name: Power Plus Pro high speed and torque digital servo
Price: Battery: $48.95

-Standard case size
- 1.6 x .08 x 1.5 in.
-Coreless motor
-Metal gear
-Double bearing

Speed: 0.17 sec. / 60 degrees @ 4.8v, 0.13 sec / 60 degrees @ 6v
Torque: 180oz/In. @ 4.8v, 208oz/In. @ 6v
Temperature range: -30 to +60 C
Dead band width: 4usec
Operation voltage: 3.5 - 8.4v
Connector wire length: 300mm

Old 04-19-2009, 10:26 AM
waadman

I have a rze st w/some up grades but want to up grade motor 2 get more hp any tips?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:35 AM
bronx boy

Dont worry about a new engine .Just try to get the most out of your .27 if you are good you can really make them crank .Try the paris pipe on ebay its 1/2 price 12.50 right now.Type in paris pipe scoll down to the al 2000 pipe it really wakes up the stock .27.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:48 PM
devilchrist

i heard aftermarket pipe makes a big difference also. i'll try that before spending 100+ on a new engine.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:18 AM
matskevichvlas

Some of the reviews about upgrading the batteries to 5 cell hump packs for the receiver and tranmitter. Any suggestions on which to get for a good price.