Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL RAZE ST OWNERS THREAD

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

OFFICIAL RAZE ST OWNERS THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:05 PM
bronx boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RAZE ST OWNERS THREAD

go on line look up my friends collection of cars also he has 70s memorobilia he is a nut for anything from 1966 to 72 he built his own museum he is on you tube also
Old 03-02-2010, 09:11 PM
nitro555

Bronx Boy - I took a look last night and didn`t find the photo gallary - I`m going to take another look right now.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:12 PM
bronx boy

i also love my truggies and monster trucks like you .i have just about one at least of every type of car/truck you name it i got it . i thought the dragster was just another step in my search for the ultimate thrill . i love whatever im driving at the moment be it a crawler doing 1 mph or a 1/8 th car doing 70 i just love having fun you sound like your more into it than me if that is possible
Old 03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
bronx boy

www.stevenjuliano.com this should take you to his site
Old 03-02-2010, 09:44 PM
nitro555

Bronx Boy - I found the photos on Steve Julianos web site. He has a nice collection of mint Hemi powered muscle cars. I like the 71 Plymoth Cuda 440 6 pack and the 71 Dodge Challenger Hemi the most. I also like the 71 Plymouth Duster but would prefer a 71 Dodge Demon over the Duster. My favorit is still the 69 Camaro which I wish I still had. Another one of my favorites or dream cars would be a 9 second quarter mile 72 Chevy Vega tubbed out with a small block Chevy engine in it.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM
nitro555

Bronx Boy - I will try to post some photos tomorow of the (4) Raze ST`s I`m working on right now and a Monster Truck. Right now i`m focused on getting these 5 vehicles ready for racing first week of May. I`m also working on building another Monster Truck from scratch, but right now it is just a box of parts i`ve been collecting, which I hope to have together for summer racing. I will pick up batteries for my camera tomorrow after work and try to get the photos done. I hope it is not too hard to post photos on this site.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:19 PM
bronx boy

my raze st is a under acheiver i know it has potential my rtx and raze buggy flat out crank i just have not hit the right combo yet im hoping my latest atemp will be the one to do it we have had lots of snow here to maybe this weekend i can try it out
Old 03-03-2010, 10:38 PM
nitro555

I will post photos this weekend.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:47 PM
nitro555

Here are photos of my 4 Raze ST`s. I do not have engines in them now because they are still out being modified. 2 of the Razes have engines in them which I raced last year - they will be comming out once I get my race mod engines back in a few weeks. Next Time I post photos I will pull the bodies off so you can see the inside setup - all have O`Donnell big bore shocks - O`Donnall receiver/battery box with Ofna 1,700 rechargable hump pack batteries - all run from the same 2.4 GHz Spektrum radio - All have Hitec servos HS-965MG for throttle/breaks and HS-985MG for steering - all engines have Nova cooling heads and Ofna JP-1 tuned pipes - 2 run the 4.4 Super Tiger engine and 2 run Axial 32 Spec 1 engines - all diff grease has been removed & replaced with silicon diff oil 7,000 wt. front, 10,000 wt. center & 4,000 wt. rear - I airbrush painted the 4 ProLine bodies you see below Flurescent Red, Yellow, Orange and regular Silver - the Red & Orange bodies are allot brighter & nicer than the photos. I will post photos of my Racing Monster Truck in a couple weeks once I finish doing my work on it (Associated MGT 8.0).

Old 03-06-2010, 06:53 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

I dont have a Raze, But those trucks look really nice

how do they perform on the track ?
Old 03-06-2010, 07:52 PM
nitro555

They are great on the track - no other Truggy outperformes this machine & they are built super strong.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:45 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Good to hear, I am close to pulling the trigger on one to race truggy locally.

I know the truck will be tough i was just wondering how raceythey are. Can you use diffrent make shocks on the truck ?

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:36 PM
nitro555

Yes, they are racey and handle any track condition sometimes better than most other make Truggys and they are built a bit tougher than most other Truggies I`ve seen. I`m running O`Donnell big bore shocks all around on all 4 Raze ST`s I`ve found the best shock oil weight to run in these shocks is 50 wt. front - 45 wt. rear with the yellow firm springs that come with the shock kit..

These shocks are available at Tower Hobbies $60 all 4 and they can be found on eBay too. Tower Hobbies part # ODOC2698 Front @ $29.99 and ODOC2699 Rear @ $29.99

The only other thing you need to mount the shocks are (4) 3mm X 25 mm. socket head cap screws (Tower Hobbies part # LXTUY3) for mounting the shocks to the shock tower - the Duratrax bolt is just a bit too short.

There is one new in the box Raze ST on eBay - buy it now $220 - other than that you will have a hard time finding a new one.

Oh !! I forgot to mention - I have a second place trophy for racing one of my basicaly stock Raze ST Truggys (servos & tires where upgraded). The only reason I didn`t take first is the other guy was a better driver and his was a fully modified Ofna - this year I will blow him away and hope to win a few first place trophies.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 AM
bronx boy

tried to respond this weekend your pictures were downloading for over a half hour i could not reply
Old 03-08-2010, 10:12 AM
bronx boy

i really can see that you are dedicated to the hobby the silver one looks really nice.i like someone who finds a good product and sticks to it no matter how much other people bash it like duratrax gets bashed . i like all my duratrax stuff i think you would like the raze buggy mine is a few years old i only wore out tires and clutch shoes . finally got the raze st out today with the new axe rossi pipe and 16 tooth clutch bell . now its starting to come to life . i can see how your collection could be a real handfull with the modded engines you have . hope to get fios soon then figure how to post my pictures
Old 03-08-2010, 04:00 PM
nitro555

Bronx Boy - you have to get rid of that dial up and get high speed internet.

Mark at www.powerhousercperformance.com has 5 of my engines right now. they are being fully modded - ported/polished sleeves and connecting rod work, plus crank turbo grooved & porting and I`m having TKO ceramic bearings installed. He is also running 500 cc`s of fuel 30% Nitro through each engine for break in and race tune. All I have to do is drop them in my RC`s and I`m ready to race. I`m going to give Mark a phone call late this week to see how much longer before he ships the engines back to me - once I have the engines in the Raze Truggy`s I will take more photos to post. The 5th engine is my 8.0 (50cc) for my Associated MGT Monster Truck which I race.

In the Raze Truggy`s I`m runing 2 Super Tiger 4.4`s engines and the other 2 Raze Truggys I`m running Axial 32 Spec 1 engines. I`m going to see how they run with 13 & 14 tooth clutch bell gears - one Axial 32 and one Super Tiger 4.4 will have 13 tooth and one Axial 32 and the other Super Tiger 4.4 will run the 14 tooth. Once I get them out on the track I will figure out how many teeth I need to run - if anything I might have to jump up to a 15 tooth bell gear.

Bronx Boy - I would like to try the Raze Buggy which I`m sure is a great machine but the track I race at has some soft sandy areas and the buggies with the narrow tires get bogged down and fish tail their way out of the loose sand bogs which realy slows them down. I have an Associated RC8 Buggy and it is not good on the track. Buggies need a good firm dirt track. If you notice I have wider race tires on my Raze ST Truggy`s because the wider tire helps when I hit those soft spots in the track - they don`t dig down into the sand and cause resistance and fish tailing - the slightly wider race tire keeps me up top of the loose stuff.

Duratrax does get bad reviews. They had a bad batch of servos in all their Truggies & Buggies, but that would put the blame on Futaba not Duratrax and Duratrax has come good for every servo that had problems. Duratrax makes strong durable RC`s, their customer service is the best and they keep their cost down. So far, I rate Duratrax customer sevice the best in the RC world - Team Associated customer service is the worst.

Bronx Boy - was it hard to get the Raze rolling from a dead stop with the 16 tooth bell gear ??

Bronx Boy when you get High speed internet I can tell you how to post photos - it is very easy !!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 PM
bronx boy

the 16 tooth deffinitly took a good bit off my raze st at least for thefirst ten or fifteen feet im running a new pipe too its the off road version of a new pipe from axe rossi its a screw together pipe where it meets the header rather than the springs you can adjust the lenght about a inch or so i have it screwed all the way in for more torque to compesait for the taller gear ratio the pipe sells for 120.00 i scored on ebay 20.99 new .
Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 PM
bronx boy

as far as top end after the first twenty feet it just takes off the back squats down and thefront starts to lift if i start down the block maybe 150 feet or so when it comes by me the front tires are balloned out to about 6 inches tall and they stay that way all the way down the block its a beutifull sight .im think that im going to have to put the silicon oil in the diffs now like you
Old 03-08-2010, 10:26 PM
bronx boy

my raze is about the same speed as my thunder tiger st1 with this set up but the st1 has a little more grunt off the line withthe .28 .i also have a hot bodies stadium pro rtr it came with all aluminim arms and . .26 engine i put on a ths pipe the way that they have the .26 ported it just flat out kicks the raze and st1,s but from start to finish. i also haveqa thunder tiger er1 its basically a`st1 for the road with a two speed its just good for showing off at the parking lot .i was thinking of trying the two speed in the st1 its a bolt in exchange just for a goof to see what it can do
Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 PM
bronx boy

the reason i type so many little messages is because if i type a long one it times out when i try to submit it and i lose the whole thing
Old 03-08-2010, 11:59 PM
nitro555

Bronx Boy - I wonder if you dropped down to a 15 tooth bell gear - if this would be an improvement.

I don`t think you need to put diff oil in you diffs. The only advanage is for a bit better handling cornering on the race track. The stock diff grease is good and in no way slows your rc down. If you keep the stock grease in the diffs they will last a life time, worry free - the Raze diffs are bullet proof.

I havn`t seen those screw together Axe Rossi pipes only the Axe Rossi, Cobra Mamba pipe. I think if you got one of those Bu-Ku pipes it would be easier to dial in and the Bu-Ku can be interchanged on most of your RC`s. www.bukupower.com
Old 03-09-2010, 12:33 PM
bronx boy

i just typed a long message and lost it anyway check out http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/garagesale/ for nice buys on tire rims and bodies the bodies can be made to fit with some gental persuasion from a dremel tool
Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 PM
bronx boy

ive looked at the buku pipes to much money im a pipe junky i have all types i can get 4 0r 5 for the price of one bu ku what ever i want to do i have a pipe to do it also try 14 guage bicycle spokes for your pipe mounts stain less steel just cut them and bend them any way you want they never move
Old 03-09-2010, 04:06 PM
nitro555

Bronx Boy - I like the Idea of using 14 gauge bicycle spokes for muffler mounts - I wish I knew this earlier because I purchased (4) EZ Pipe Mounts to mount the Ofna JP-1 pipes on my 4 Raze ST`s, which cost me $40 plus shipping. My problem was; the Raze ST`s wire was too short to reach the mounting hole in the JP-1 pipe, so with this EZ pipe mount, I was able to piece 2 lengths of wire together to reach the mount hole. Before I purchased those mounts I thought I thought of everything but didn`t think of bicycle spokes - lesson learned !!

That is a great site on Hotbodies parts - I never seen prices that cheap anywhere - thanks for the heads up !!

The Bu Ku pipe is expensive - but it is well worth it if you are compatition racing or just crazy about getting more power out of an engine where you need it most. They have a nice sound to them too!!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:09 AM
bronx boy

iv been looking at the drag racing sites i think im going for a boat pipe for my godsons dark thunder dragster its 11 inches long will probly run it foward next to the body people say it just sounds mean . the only thing with the bike spokes is that they are hard to cut by hand without a dremmel . but once you bend them they are there to stay . im also a bicycle nut so i always have that sort of thing lying around

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.