Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL RAZE ST OWNERS THREAD

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

OFFICIAL RAZE ST OWNERS THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:43 PM
rcdriv3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RAZE ST OWNERS THREAD

YES! mine just got here yesterday...before estimated shipping date, whoo hoo! Can't wait to get this thing running, went and checked all the screws to make sure the were tight and most of them were. I am impressed by the car seeing how it only cost me 175 bucks. Next challenge is to see what decals i put on ill let you know how it runs after i break it in. cheers
Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 PM
mentat
My Feedback: (1)

Congrats, Looks like Tower Hobbies has the RAZE ST in stock again, doesnt mention anything about being DISCONTINUED. They do have some kool looking black rims tho.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:23 PM
devilchrist

still says discontinued..
Old 04-14-2009, 02:37 PM
devilchrist

Here's a Brussless motor mount for those wanting to go that route.

http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...d=rcmdtxrazemm
Old 04-14-2009, 02:53 PM
devilchrist

damn tower still dont' have the anti roll back in pending order..
Old 04-14-2009, 04:34 PM
mentat

what will that do exactly?
Old 04-14-2009, 07:25 PM
RRoyPP
My Feedback: (2)

Finally got a chance to start breaking my raze st in today.Set the carb to the instructions. Fired right up stayed running throughout the 4 tanks I ran through it. No annoying stalls or hard starts. Sounds awesome, can't wait to get it tuned up. It does suck the fuel down quick!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:14 PM
bhcvc

I wouldn't say Li-Ions are "safer" than LiPo. I have a decent amount of experience with LiIons and know many people that have tons of experience and they can explode just as violently as LiPo or any other high density energy storage medium. The "unprotected" LiIons will discharge lower, but it's really not recommended to drain them too low as they may not recover (dead cell). "protected" LiIon cells have a small PCB that cuts off the cell (open circuits) when discharge reaches a certain voltage. These are much safer and what I'd recommend if you want LiIon.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:12 PM
rcdriv3r

so when breaking in the engine, should i do all the first 5 tanks in the same day or does it matter? when i broke my xtm x-cell i had time to do it all in one day. not sure if i would cause it to break in differently doing it all on one day or doing it over several days.

also saw a st bolt set that were all hex heads on tower... estimated to start selling in april i think.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 PM
mentat

i would recommend doing the break in all the first day, but if you dont make sure that the engine is at BOTTOM DEAD CENTER when u put it away with AFTER RUN OIL. also make sure that the engine is BOTTOM DEAD CENTER when u start it each time. Love the raze its a nice truggy
Old 04-14-2009, 11:42 PM
rcdriv3r

Hey so does anyone happen to know the shock and diff. oils that come stock on the st's? just thought it would be handy to know so when i go to replace them or change them, i know what to buy. thanks.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:43 AM
LTB105

WELL I HAVE HAD MY RAZE FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND FINALLY GOT TO RUN IT ALL WAS GOING WELL WITH THE FIRST TANK TEMP GOOD AND WAS RUNNING GOOD.LET IT COOL AND REFUELED FOR THE SECOND GO,CHECKED ALL WAS GOOD AND FIRED IT UP.MADE ONE SLOW PASS AND WAS VARYING THE SPEED WHEN THE THROTTLE STUCK AFTER A SHORT CHASE THE TRUCK STRUCK A TREE AND I CAUGHT IT.NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS PISSED,A QUICK CHECK REVELLED THE THROTTLE SERVO WAS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY WAS STICKING IN THE WIDE OPEN POSITION!!!! WILL BE CALLING TOWER TOMORROW HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS TYPE OF PROBLEM??? I CHECKED EVERYTHING I COULD AND CAN NOT FIND A PROBLEM HOPE IT IS A SERVO NOT RECIVER PROBLEM

PLEASE RESPOND

LT BAKER
Old 04-15-2009, 01:04 AM
mentat

Never had that issue, i recommend a FAILSAFE. If it was receiver related that would have caught it, Tower will take good care of you the raze st comes with 1 year on all parts.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:00 AM
LTB105

I HAVE A FAIL SAFE ORDERED AND HAVE ONE ON EVERY ONE OF MY TRUCKS(REVO,JATO,WARHEAD)BUT WHAT IS WEIRD IS THE STEERING SERVO WORKS OK JUST THE THROTTLE SERVO,I WILL CALL TOWER TOMORROW.I HOPE THIS IS A ISOLATED INCIDENT BECAUSE I HAVE A RAZE BUGGY ORDERED ALSO SHOULD BE IN THIS THURSDAY.I HAVE MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DURATRAX PRODUCTS, HAVE PICKED MANY HOPUPS ON LINE AND HAVE STORED THEM ON MY WISH LIST AT TOWER HOBBIES(THEY HAVE BEEN GOOD TO ME).

I SAW AN ARTICLE ON THE RAZE AND IT WAS RECOMENDED TO PUT A 5 VOLT RECHARGEABLE BATTERY PACK IN THE TRUCK WHAT WILL THIS DO AND ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TYPE TO GET?

ALLSO I AM CURIOUS WHY THE FM TRANSMITTERS ARE PREFERRED OVER THE AM TRANSMITTERS?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:06 AM
LTB105

WHY BOTTOM DEAD CENTER I HAVE NEVER HEARD THIS BEFORE?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:20 AM
LTB105

OR THE COMPANY IS GOING BELLY UP
Old 04-15-2009, 02:27 AM
LTB105

Really appreciate the help could you give the part numner of the battery you used in the reciever and will this help with the weekness of the stock setup?

BAKER
Old 04-15-2009, 06:16 AM
cobra26

ORIGINAL: LTB105

I SAW AN ARTICLE ON THE RAZE AND IT WAS RECOMENDED TO PUT A 5 VOLT RECHARGEABLE BATTERY PACK IN THE TRUCK WHAT WILL THIS DO AND ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TYPE TO GET?

ALLSO I AM CURIOUS WHY THE FM TRANSMITTERS ARE PREFERRED OVER THE AM TRANSMITTERS?

LTB105,

I would strongly recommend you use a 5-cell NiMh rechargeable battery pack that will give your servos 6V, the same as 4 "AA" batteries. ("AA" = 1.5V each, NiMh "AA" = 1.2V each). Servos are rated for 4.8V and 6V operation, but the torque is greater at 6V operation.

FM radio systems are subject to less glitching and interference than AM radios and are preferred for that reason.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 AM
devilchrist

ORIGINAL: LTB105

WELL I HAVE HAD MY RAZE FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND FINALLY GOT TO RUN IT ALL WAS GOING WELL WITH THE FIRST TANK TEMP GOOD AND WAS RUNNING GOOD.LET IT COOL AND REFUELED FOR THE SECOND GO,CHECKED ALL WAS GOOD AND FIRED IT UP.MADE ONE SLOW PASS AND WAS VARYING THE SPEED WHEN THE THROTTLE STUCK AFTER A SHORT CHASE THE TRUCK STRUCK A TREE AND I CAUGHT IT.NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS PISSED,A QUICK CHECK REVELLED THE THROTTLE SERVO WAS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY WAS STICKING IN THE WIDE OPEN POSITION!!!! WILL BE CALLING TOWER TOMORROW HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS TYPE OF PROBLEM??? I CHECKED EVERYTHING I COULD AND CAN NOT FIND A PROBLEM HOPE IT IS A SERVO NOT RECIVER PROBLEM

PLEASE RESPOND

LT BAKER

HOLY CAPS BUD!.. ok.. what you described happened to me on my RT-X. I even tried swapping out the servo too..
Old 04-15-2009, 08:47 AM
devilchrist

ORIGINAL: mentat

i would recommend doing the break in all the first day, but if you dont make sure that the engine is at BOTTOM DEAD CENTER when u put it away with AFTER RUN OIL. also make sure that the engine is BOTTOM DEAD CENTER when u start it each time. Love the raze its a nice truggy
Never head this before either. I dont' think it's a big deal to break it all in one day. Just make sure to use Afterrun Oil if you decide to run only couple of tanks.

I onlyl got to run 1 tank last week. and Probably will only bet to run couple of tanks this week. so..

as for bottom Dead center.. dont' think that matters.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:28 AM
rcdriv3r

ok so im confused.... i was watching the dvd that comes with the raze and for the break in procedure, it says to never run the fuel tank dry. i understand to never do this for the first tank, but then in the manual it says for tanks 2-5 to run the tank dry. which one should i follow....dvd or manual? if it were just my choice, i would go with the manual, would i be right with this choice?
Old 04-15-2009, 11:03 AM
devilchrist

if you let the tank dry out, you'll have your engine running lean due to air bubbles in the fuel line.

best NOT to let it run dry. at least not for break in.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:58 AM
mentat

As for BOTTOM DEAD CENTER, it allows the cylinder walls to cool properly and makes the engine easier to start. also here is an article on engine break in.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=397

Enjoy
Old 04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
devilchrist

ORIGINAL: mentat

what will that do exactly?
it works like the normal driving cars.

it keeps the left and right wheels both on ground. reduces side to side body roll.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:38 PM
mentat

Ah, something handy to have them, the raze st will at times have one wheel come off the road, factory shock oil is very weak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.