Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL RAZE ST OWNERS THREAD

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

OFFICIAL RAZE ST OWNERS THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:42 PM
bronx boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RAZE ST OWNERS THREAD

got my hands on a ofna 807 pipe i have finally hit the right combo with the 16 th clutch bell i have reached my goal it just plain more fun to drve my godson loves it when it passes by its just booming off the houses my neighbors are going to shoot me but i love it so
Old 10-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Graham74

Hello,

I just picked up a Raze ST, bueaty shape, apparently only driven once.  My issue is, I think I've tuned it pretty good, however, when I'm driving at a high speed  the engine seems to bog down.  Is this thes my HS needle?   Second, if I am to stop the engine, it is really hard to start it again. Any reason why it might be doing  this.  OHH can any one suggest any other body styles that fit this truggy.  I would like something different.
Cheers

Old 10-12-2010, 03:54 PM
nitro555

Your carburator setting is too rich if your engine bogs - if your engine cuts out it is too lean - once you have your engine tuned right it will start up right away, but if your engine is not tuned properly it will be hard to start. Both high & low speed needles & your idle have to be set right if you want that engine to fire up right away. I noticed the 4.4 Super Tiger engine gets hot easily - if you put a Nova cooling head on your engine it will run allot cooler. I have 4 of these engines 2 stock & 2 modified and they fire up right away.

If you go back a page to page 15 you will see photos of 4 Raze ST`s that I race. The bodies are Pro-Line Crowd Pleazer 2.0 Clear Body Jammin X1-CRT. Tower Hobies is where i purchased them but they do not stock this body anymore - you might find it on eBay or some other Hobby Shop. You will have to paint the body - it is 60 ml. clear lexan.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Graham74

Thanks Nitro555. I'll re-tune it. This is only my second car so I have a lot still to learn. I was think about cutting the back spoiler off and moding a truck body or something along that line. The Sault is a beautiful town, lived there for two years while I went to college. I miss it. Cheers
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM
nitro555

You might be able to mod a truck body onto you Truggy, which might look cool. I sugest you buy yourself a primer ball to prime your engine before starting. Team Associated makes the best primer bulb from my expieriance. Allot of people pull the fuel line from the exhaust and blow in it to get the fuel up to the carb, but you end up with a mouth full of dirt. Once your engine fuel is up to the carb, I usualy force a bit of fuel into the carb to help get it fired up or plug the end of the exhaust pipe with my finger for a few cranks to help fire up the engine. Yes, the Soo is a very nice place to live and with lots of outdoor things to do all year.

One more thing; you might want to buy yourself a good header & tuned pipe. The stock header & tuned pipe are cheap and they leak out gunk aroud your engine. A great tuned pipe is the OFNA JP-1 which seals your engine from leaking gunk & gives you a little extra power at the same time. Don`t get an OFNA JP-2 or JP-3 or JP-4 the JP-1 gives you better bottom end exceleration and works great all through the power band.

Right now you need a good carb tune though, which will help the engine fire up quickly, run cool and give you all the power you need. Good Luck!!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:08 AM
PeeBeMe

nitro555 , I will say You got the best damn Duratrax Truggies I ever seen ! ! ! They don't even look like Duraxtrax Truggies ? Can I see under those bodies - what it looks like under the hoods ???? 10 stars here buddy !
Old 10-20-2010, 03:20 PM
nitro555

Here are the pics you requested. I just took them a few minutes ago. This is Raze ST #3 of the 4 I race. Notice I added a 220 cc fuel tank, which I didn`t mention on my other threads - all 4 of my Razes have 220 cc fuel tanks & I now run AKA I-Beam soft compound tires on all the Razes too!. This machine may look a bit dirty, but that is because I raced it all summer.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:24 AM
myae86rolla

hello i am a new st owner. i bought a used one from my friend. it currently has a power racing .27 in it. i was thinking of getting a new engine for it soon. im debating on the Axial .28 Spec 2S Engine or the LRP Z.28R Spec 3. what u guys think?
Old 11-04-2010, 05:19 AM
nitro555

Either engine sounds good to me! The LRP is probably the more popular choice! Don`t use the stock Raze tuned pipe though, they don`t seal at the engine - I recomend an OFNA JP-1 tuned pipe. - they do not leak and they give you better bottom end power. If you do get a new engine, I recomend sending it out to be modded before you start to use it. A modded engine normaly does not over heat and you get better fuel economy plus more power. Also have the modder break in your engine - it is $50 extra for the heat cycle break in, but it should be a must if you want your engine to last a longer time. Check out powerhousercperformance.com Mark Smith the modder has done 7 engines for me & they are all great. Here is the link to his YouTube advertising video. That is Mark sitting at a table at the beginning of the video - he does the best work on this plannet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7mVmgDRC-E

Old 11-04-2010, 10:11 AM
myae86rolla

thanks for you info. ill look at the link. thanks again!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:49 PM
nitro555

Just click onto the link I entered above and it will bring you strait to Youtube & the video will start playing. It is a direct link.

Note: There are other good reasons to get your new engine modded & a big plus is they fire up right away. Both engines you are debating over which one to buy would be excelent modded and those engine fit in practicaly every rc on the market - Truggys, Monster Trucks, Buggys & etc. So if your going to buy a new engine - do it right - right from the start! Good Luck!

Old 11-04-2010, 05:36 PM
myae86rolla

wow! ill have to look into getting my engien modded by power house when i get my engine. another Q is whats a good clutch setup to run? the stock dtx brand ok?
Old 11-04-2010, 09:58 PM
nitro555

I had the same question at one time!! Mark at powerhousercperformance recomended I use the Dynamite Max-Life aluminum clutch shoe set part# DYNP5180 - these Dynamite clutch shoes are available on e-bay for less than $20 per set, Mark also recomended cluch springs 1.0 I run this set up on all my truggys and have had no problems - turns out to be the ideal set up. The 1.0 clutch springs can be purchased from most manufaturers such as Associated, HPI, Duratrax, OFNA, Mugen, LOSI and etc. the clutch bell you choose is entirely up to you, but should be a 13 or 14 tooth to start with. Axial makes clutch bells from 12 all the way up to 18 tooth, and any of these clutch bells will work fine. I recomend the 13 tooth! You get more bottom end with the 13 tooth! Good Luck!!

Oh! The stock Duratrax 13 tooth clutch bell and springs work fine but you should upgrade to the aluminum clutch shoes. I still run the stock Raze clutch bell on 4 of my engines 2 - 13 tooth and 2 - 14 tooth and I have had no problems! Even after engine modds the 13 tooth works best. Don`t forget - when you change the clutch shoes also change the springs - do not use the old springs!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:33 AM
myae86rolla

thanks again! i will get the clutch u recommend. have a nice day..
Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 AM
myae86rolla

i was looking at this vented clutch bell from axial. is that any good? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRJS7&P=7
thanks
Old 11-05-2010, 03:37 AM
nitro555

Yes, the Axial 13 tooth vented clutch bell is an excelent choice. Take a look at the O`Donnell clutch springs at Tower Hobbies (the 1.0) they are a great set of clutch springs.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:35 AM
myae86rolla

nitro555, i was looking at the pics of your vehicles and i noticed those black wheels on them what kind of wheels are those?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:21 AM
nitro555

The black tires & rims are Duratrax - they are the tires & rims from the Duratrax RTX Warhead Monster Truck. You can buy them on eBay or at Tower Hobbies, but if your going to spend the money I would buy the AKA tires & rims unless you are mainly interested in the black color rim - RPM has black color rims too - available at Tower Hobies.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:05 AM
rcdriv3r

Hey guys, kinda lost track of this thread simply b/c of other responsibilities, but I was wondering how much these ST's can fetch. I'm not sure quite yet if I'm going to sell it, but it has crossed my mind. My truck is in theory still new...I've just done the break in tanks and maybe 4 other tanks through it. Plus I have Low Pro whole shot wheels on all four that have only touch the track three times. If anyone could give me a ball park figure that would be great....I have number I would ask for it if I did sell it, but want to know what others might think.

(but after reading all the recent posts about moding it, has sparked my interest again )

Thanks.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:54 PM
rcdriv3r

Hey, has anyone dropped another body type onto the Raze? My current one is just about done for and personally i don't really like the look of the stock body. Was wondering if like the Associated or maybe one of the 'bulldog' style bodies would fit our trucks. Any tips are appreciated. thanks.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Graham74

rcdriv3r - I just put a F150 boddy on my Raze. I took the spoiler off and the body fits great. The body I used wasthe Parma1/8 F150 XLT body. I also have the Parma 1/8 Chevy Silverado body too. It looks like it's going to fit too. CheersParma 1/8 F-150 XLT Truck Body Clear .060Parma 1/8 F-150 XLT Truck Body Clear .060
Old 02-16-2011, 04:16 AM
bronx boy

look on tower hobbies inventory closeout site raze st bodies painted for 22 bucks cant beat that
Old 04-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Graham74

rcdriv3r - Here are before and after pics of my Raze ST.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40452.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1594324   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62798.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1594325   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76877.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1594326  
Old 01-28-2012, 09:58 PM
terrywolfpack
My Feedback: (83)

Come on Raze st owner lets keep this thread alive!!! These are some of the most underated truggys out there i have 3 and in the process of buying a 4th one? Why did duratrax discontinue the st knowing the could of took this truggy to the next generation??? who is with me voice your opinions now..Terry
Old 02-06-2012, 03:11 PM
terrywolfpack
My Feedback: (83)

There are alot of these still out there and i was wondering how many race these at there local track? and what there setup is? or do they just use them as a basher? I just think these truggies are built tough and don't understand why duratrax discontinued such a good platform that they could of built on? thanks Terry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.