Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

losi 8t clutch bearing trouble

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

losi 8t clutch bearing trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:17 PM
tankmandan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi 8t clutch bearing trouble

[&o] i have a losi 8t race roller with rb ws7 motor the inside bearing on clutch bell is going out after only about 5 or 6 runs tried using metal and ceramic bearings does not matter they still go out tried to shim correctly makes no matter has anybody had this problem before and what was the repair using stock flywheel with tapper collet (brass) aluminum and carbon clutch shoes need input thanx dan
Old 04-12-2009, 10:25 PM
gearjammen

Default RE: losi 8t clutch bearing trouble

sounds like your gear mesh is set too tight maybe.try running different clutch springs the next size stiffer.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Eganwp
My Feedback: (1)

Gear mesh too tight, or you're running your engine too hot... I was running my stock PRO .28 too hot for the first few times out and would go through clutch bearings like candy. I think the heat would melt the rubber grommets that hold the grease in the bearing and thus they'd run dry.

Now I have 0 issues when running this new engine, though I'm running it richer than I used to run my stocker. I also run metal shielded clutch bearings and obviously they wouldn't melt.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Oasis TR

Are you using the stock motor mounts? I was going through the same bearings and as soon as i put the king headz motor mount on all my bearing problems stopped, plus with the king headz mount you can run a standard 3 shoe clutch without "crazy" shimming. another "thing" you should check is make sure your motor mount is square, if its not that will lead to a short life on your bearings..puts a load on the inside bearing..this is why on the new 2.0's chassis it has reference marks to make sure your motor mount is square. it seems to me that the losi has a little more play in the motor mount holes than what any of my other truggies had, so my suggestion would be to check and make sure it's square..then save and buy the king headz one piece motor mount..its worth it..