Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

XTM Truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:18 PM
CHAVAN30
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XTM Truggy?

just spent time with mine at the track and this thing is nice. the 24.7 is a good, strong motor.
really surprised. it even drove better than my Kyosho STR(may be due to set up though).
really happy with this. nothing came loose, the steering servo turned the wheels with authority, and the motor stayedat a good temperature with power.
i am surprised it did that well.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:42 PM
IloveMYxt2

The XST is actually a very nice truggy. As you can see, Iam a XTM fan (Notice my name). The XSTis everything the Mammoth should of been. It has a center diff, which will keep the diffs going for a long time. If Ihad the money Iwould buy one and convert it to brushless!
Old 05-30-2009, 12:43 AM
aric38

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

The XST is actually a very nice truggy. As you can see, Iam a XTM fan (Notice my name). The XSTis everything the Mammoth should of been. It has a center diff, which will keep the diffs going for a long time. If Ihad the money Iwould buy one and convert it to brushless!
Wow good to see your still alive I have not seen you on the forums in a long time did you ever sell your xt2
Old 05-31-2009, 02:17 AM
IloveMYxt2

ORIGINAL: aric38

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

Wow good to see your still alive I have not seen you on the forums in a long time did you ever sell your xt2
Yeah Isold it. Nitro was getting old, so I switched to rock crawling and that got real boring real fast, so I stayed electric, but brushless. I miss the XT2 though, it was a tough buggy. Tougher than the Slash I have now.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Bashalot

I have one. I love it. I took it to the track on saturday. It drove and handled like a champ. Excellent vehicle at that price. I thought it would be cheap but it is very well built truck. A lot of people at the track were impressed with it. I was even able to run with the Bajas. It took some tough hits from those bigger trucks and kept going. Best of all, i ran it from 1 in the day until 8 at night with no problems (of course there were the occasional breaks for them to water the track but...). A great truck in my opinion. Its my second XTM and I am impressed once again (i have an x-cellerator as well. also great).
Old 06-08-2009, 09:00 AM
dittch
Banned

Edit: sorry, I thoughtthis thread was about the mammoth ST,

I have two mammoth ST's and my buddy has a mammoth. I really enjoy the ST. It has its quirks, but overall I think it's a good truck for the money. The front CVjointswear pretty fast and it seems like I'm rebuilding them too often. It's really no big deal as the parts are cheap and the job doesn't take too long, but I'd say it's a definite weak spotas I don't see it with my other vehicles. Another thing I've seen is the differentials having shimming issues. I shimmed mine with stainless steel shims (brass type would wear out over time) and have had no problems. The newer diffs with the metal cover on the casing allow less movement in there and keep the gears meshed well. Chassis flex was an issue when jumping high, so I installed a 5/16 steel rod from the front shock tower to the rear, drilled it and tapped it on both ends to screw it into the towers on each end. No chassis flexing issues since. Many people have gone to the center diff, but I enjoy the 2 speed very much and have had good luck with it. Ijump it regularly and don't strip gears....just don't land with the throttle burried.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:44 PM
CHAVAN30

great truggy. i have the xst and the only problem i have had is when i hitthe brakes hard, the engine dies. it has it's 1mm gap on the slide, but i dont have something right. it maybe the servo has too much play or something. other than that andthe flywheel coming loose, i have had to do nothing to the truck.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:31 PM
rclynx

I have a customer in LA that went all out on his XST with upgraded clutch and a ceramic piston SH .28 all high grade bearings and so on. He was a speed freak and kicked down 51+ mph on a gps 3 or 4 times, it was about 41 mph to 43 mph with the 24.7. So they can go fast. He deserted the cause though so he could do some jumping and went to the 2.5 Savage. I shot him last (just kidding) With just a few mods the XST can be a top notch Truggy racer. Good luck guys and HAPPY RC'en
Old 06-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Thunderbird93

ORIGINAL: CHAVAN30

great truggy. i have the xst and the only problem i have had is when i hitthe brakes hard, the engine dies. it has it's 1mm gap on the slide, but i dont have something right. it maybe the servo has too much play or something. other than that andthe flywheel coming loose, i have had to do nothing to the truck.
Make sure you have the gap when you set the brakes or else the engine will die.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:58 PM
CHAVAN30

ORIGINAL: Thunderbird93

thats what i meant when i said i have my gap on the slide. its wierd. as long as i give a little brake, no prob. i give a bunch of break and completely stop the truck, it dies. could be a bad plug, too rich, etc.
i will check. right now it is 100 degrees in the shade, so i will wait!!!!!
i am just glad the motor was good. i thought i would have to rebuild it, but the fly wheel nut came loose and made it easy to turn by hand.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:43 PM
CHAVAN30

where is everybody?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Johnny Chingas

My first nitro truck wasa Mammoth ST. I have been addicted ever since. My son has an X-terminator and my daughter has an electric x-cellerator. As far as I'm concerned, XTMmakes a great product. Their customer support is top notch also. The XST truggy looks like it is pretty sweet and for the price, i dont think you could go wrong especially if you are just going to be bashing and club racing. Parts are easy to get if you have a Hobby People near you but if not i could see that being an issue. Someone mentioned Ebay and that is the way to go for parts no matter what kind of vehicle you have. As far as I'm concerned, go for the XST!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:04 AM
CHAVAN30

ORIGINAL: Thunderbird93

thats what i meant when i said i have my gap on the slide. its wierd. as long as i give a little brake, no prob. i give a bunch of break and completely stop the truck, it dies. could be a bad plug, too rich, etc.
i will check. right now it is 100 degrees in the shade, so i will wait!!!!!
i am just glad the motor was good. i thought i would have to rebuild it, but the fly wheel nut came loose and made it easy to turn by hand.

any more ideas? i cant figure it out. the engine runs fine(and fast), but if i even touch the brakes, it flames out. wierd!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:05 PM
rclynx

Open up the LSN a little and see if it gets better
[:-]
Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 PM
dittch
Banned

will it sit and idle, or does it just die? It should sit and idle for a while with no problem
double check that gap on your carb, and while looking at hit the brakes all the way and make sure it stays open
Old 06-16-2009, 09:45 PM
CHAVAN30

will do both of those ideas this week. would like to have it right before i go on vacation in a couple of weeks. i know the slide is still open during braking, but i will check again.
i WILL get it figured out. btw, the truggy itself is bulletproof.

thanks guys.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:17 PM
CHAVAN30

Old 06-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Johnny Chingas

Dont forget the throttle trim knob on your radio. Try tweaking that too.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:56 PM
avdub

ORIGINAL: Johnny Chingas

Dont forget the throttle trim knob on your radio. Try tweaking that too.
lol, i've been bit by that one
Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 PM
BigGrump

Here it is two years later. The XTM Truggy is still going strong. The three diffs have held up as good as any I ever had in a Savage. Wore the xtm 457 engine out and now have a Picco .28 in it. My son-in-law is going to start using it on a local off road race track. He is a good driver so I expect it to work pretty good and hold up.

I have a total of 19 models, mostly nitros, but lately into electric. XTM Truggy is as good as any, in my opinion. Oh, one thing, I have a Hobby People within 5 miles of my house so makes owning xtm's easy. Without that, I would probably be singing a different tune.

Within 40 miles I also have Associated main office, HPI headquarters, Ofna Distributor with Nitrohouse, Global Hobbies, Jammin products. So, kind of easy to get stuff when you can go to the company headquarters. Just a small perk living in Southern California....

Dennis, BigGrump
Old 09-16-2011, 06:58 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a good kit and the only complaint I have had with mine over the years is that the arms are a little weak.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:26 PM
nastyboys727

i have 2 xtm mammoths one is the pro i street drag race them
now in that form its the fastest 1/8 truck you can get
Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 PM
shadetree12354

I dont know what most of these people dont like about xtm products I have a termanter2 and love it it very seldom breaks and 24.7 motor always starts right up and runs great in fact I am looking to buy another one on eba. but that just my opinion on xtm thanks shadetree12354
Old 11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
shadetree12354

[ul][*] [*] [*]
[/ul]