Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

The official Z-Car ZMXT-8 Z-Truggy thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

The official Z-Car ZMXT-8 Z-Truggy thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:54 AM
misasi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The official Z-Car ZMXT-8 Z-Truggy thread

Alright since IL2mSturmovik z-car master do you know of any of the swept back bodies will fit the truggy [http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...g-Body-MBX6T]? I like the looks of that style body i think they are the cats a$s.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:05 PM
IL2mSturmovik

The Mugen one fits the extended Truggy chassis, I just had one painted for mine!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:14 PM
misasi

I would love to have the extended chassis! but i cant justify spending the money on it till after i get a few races on my truck. that wont be for a few months
Old 02-05-2010, 11:26 PM
IL2mSturmovik

The extended chassis is an incredible improvement, settles it down in the rough and takes little to no steering away!
VERY highly reccomended mod!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:18 PM
magrc

is the stock wheelbase only 343mm? if so, even with the extended chassis its gonna be on the short side. (365mm). im not dis'n this truggy at all. i really like what i see except for the wheelbase. im not say'n anything bad about the kit all im say'n is when i went from a st-r to a rr the added length really settled the truggy alot. the original st-r was 365 wheelbase. it looks like the wheelbase is longer than 343 but everything i have seen says thats the wheelbase. thanks in advance for any help with my ?
Old 02-07-2010, 11:41 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Wih the extended chassis its about the same as a Mugen6T
Old 03-15-2010, 10:46 PM
SplitSecound

I agreed with (IL2mSturmoviK) about the diff being very durable, they are durable Just look at it this way and I mean this in a good way. If lrp has the same car in RTR version with a brushless system installed in it using the same pinion and ring gears you find in the nitro cars, remind you nothing has change in the drivetrain and yet the gears can withstand the power a brushless motors can dish out. Then you know the gears are very durable. They also have a video clipping, on lrp web site. But im sure you saw it already. Any way just the same my wife brought me one as a surprize, I wanted the pro version and she got me the RTR, But hey im good with that. I just started buying my first modification which was the extended chassis with the extened universel shift they came with it and man it looks so sweet. I can't what to get the rest of the stuff, slowly but surely. Now if only I know how to put pictures on this thread. I can use a little help here guys.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:44 PM
leelee1

hey would like to know were i get a z car army bod from //these on the forum are alsum ......
Old 04-30-2010, 09:06 PM
20%nitro

finally got my truggy done and it seems to be ok. our local track is having a lot of trouble getting up an running this year so i havent had it on a track yet. if i like the truck in short form i will buy the extended chassis.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Terra Nova R/C

Hi,
I realize this is an old thread, but I would like the topic to stay alive. I am sure you guys are still out there with your Z-CARS. The Z-CAR Buggy & Truggy are growing more in popularity now. I sell them in Canada and am very impressed in the Quality. I am building a large parts supply, but it seems it may not be needed. Z-CAR parts may be getting hard to get, but the parts supply from Z-CAR is the best I have seen in any Manufacturer. Let me know if there is anything you need.
[link]http://www.terranovahobby.ca/Z-CAR.page[/link]
Old 05-09-2010, 02:10 PM
drywallguy

Good to hear that Terra Nova is keeping us rolling!
I've nothing but good things to say about the people and service at Terra Nova. Thanks Jamie.
I have no plan on giving up my Z truggy.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:28 PM
leelee1

im very glad to hear that news ..the z car army is still alive thanks to allgo terra nova
Old 05-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Terra Nova R/C

Hi Again Drywallguy,
You didn't put that SH 18 in the Truugy, did you? (just kidding). Thanks for the kind words, that's the kind of response we strive for. Do you have any advice about the Z-CAR? I am not new to Truggies, but this one is new to me. I ordered in the ZMXT-8 PRO, RTR and the ZMXB-8 RTR to try them out. I am almost finished building my Truggy and I am impressed. I wanted to test them out to be sure I was selling something good, but from what I have read and seen, I'm sure I will be good to go all out Z-CAR. When I get it on the track for a day, if there is something to break, I will find it. Everything breaks.
For the engine, I went with POWER, the SH PT28XM1-P8.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80931.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1433705  
Old 05-09-2010, 09:42 PM
leelee1

hey thats a great looking truggy and  the engine is alsum ..i bet you were out the engine before you break the truggy
Old 05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Terra Nova R/C

Hi Again Mr. Lee,
Hey, I am meeting a lot of new people with the Z-CAR. Everyone is saying good things about the cars. That makes me feel better when I am investing thousands of $$ to make sure Z-CAR drivers have the cars and parts/upgrades they need. The engine may wear out before I break the Truggy because it has a 2 gallon head start. This engine was in my CEN MATRIX ARENA TR. I wanted to get going quick, so to avoid break-in time, I stole this engine from my Arena. If this engine wears out, there is always another 20 or so to chose from in my shop.
I will post some more pics when I get my paint job finished.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:43 AM
leelee1

hey mr. terra     look i was not trying to be a  smart but i was just saying that the truggy is very tough..and i am very glad some one got the balls to be a distibutor for z-car  around here if you arent running mugen or ass ociated  they think you arent in the same level but it sure fills good win you smoke by them and say thats a z car  come get sum  any way thanks a great deal for picking up  z car ..i have two z truggys and i am sure i will be buying from u.....seya
Old 05-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Terra Nova R/C

Hello Everyone, I didn't realize you guys had a Dealer in the US. I received a call from Johnathon Jenkins of atozrc.net. We discussed working together to market the Z-Car and supply you guys with the parts you need. So keep those Z-CARs rolling and you don't have to worry about parts. You have [link]http://www.atozrc.net[/link] in the US and [link]http://www.terranovahobby.ca[/link] in Canada
Old 05-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Terra Nova R/C

These Truggies are Bullet-Proof. I have been racing and bashing mine for a couple of weeks now and I haven't broken a thing. I love this Truggy and I know anyone else that has one will too. I am running the SH PT28XM1-P8 Engine. It may be overkill but it is fun. I am going to try my SH PT2010-XB .21 in it for the next club race. Would't theguys be embarrased if I beat their .28 truggies with a .21.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:43 PM
misasi

Im hoping i start working my new job soon because then I will have some play money. Play money=extended chassis My tracks truggy class is small and I race against ttr st1s and a duratrax truggy and so far I have placed first in all 6 races lol.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Terra Nova R/C

ORIGINAL: misasi

Im hoping i start working my new job soon because then I will have some play money. Play money=extended chassis My tracks truggy class is small and I race against ttr st1s and a duratrax truggy and so far I have placed first in all 6 races lol.
I have heard good things about the Extended Chassis. I have a few ordered and I will try one on my truggy. I have to do some work on the Truggy anyway. It is recovering from the "TERRA NOVA Durability Test" It actually did really good with the abuse I put it through. I now see that these Z-Cars are as tough as everyone says. I have a broken wheel, Front Axle Carrier, and some screws ripped out of the rear diff case by the shock tower. This truggy was jumped repeatedly, for about 6 tanks of fuel, about 6-8 feet in the air and flipped, often landing on the wing, the Lid, a few times on the wheels.
I don't think many other truggies would survive this.
Z-CAR RULES and soon people will see that !!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the video of the "Durability Test" at [link]http://www.terranovahobby.ca/[/link]http://www.terranovahobby.ca/
Old 07-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Terra Nova R/C

Hi Again,
I have the extended chassis installed on the ZMXT-8. What is the trick to mounting the body? Looks like I have to cut 4 new holes. Doesn't seem to work with old holes in front or back.
My new Z10 Buggy will be here soon, Can't wait.
Z-CAR is Kicking A** Here
Old 07-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Truggy
My Feedback: (1)

What happened to the Z Truggy home Forum?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Terra Nova R/C

ORIGINAL: Truggy

What happened to the Z Truggy home Forum?
I'm Not quite sure what you mean. I have been following many Z-Truggy Forums.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:47 PM
hakmazter

It is gone.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Terra Nova R/C

Where did everyone go? Z-Car is growing fast in Canada and it seems there is nothing left in the US. Terra Nova Hobby has expanded a lot. We have a new website that will be up in a few days with a full online store, Forum, Team Driver's Page, and much more. We also have 2 great Team Drivers, who are racing the Z10XB PRO Buggy. They are doing great and showing people what the Z-CAR can do.
At terra Nova Hobby, we have devoted a lot of time and money into promoting Z-CAR and we don't plan to stop. We are stocked to the roof with Z-CAR Kits, Parts (not often needed), and Upgrades. We carry the ZMXB-8 PRO & RTR, ZMXT-8 PRO & RTR, & Z10XB PRO.

KEEP WATCHING FOR OUR ALL NEW WEBSITE [link]http://www.terranovahobby.ca[/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.