Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL 8ight-T 2.0 Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

OFFICIAL 8ight-T 2.0 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:50 PM
StinkInc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL 8ight-T 2.0 Thread

I just picked up a brand new 8ight T RTR and the steering servo was not connected nor was there any hardware for it? I assume I have to supply my own.  Second, Ive never had to use a started box before, should I pull the motor and get the whole thing lined up or is that over kill ive read alot about the rubber wheel burning out really fast? Thanks Everyone
Old 04-07-2010, 09:23 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: StinkInc

I just picked up a brand new 8ight T RTR and the steering servo was not connected nor was there any hardware for it? I assume I have to supply my own. Second, Ive never had to use a started box before, should I pull the motor and get the whole thing lined up or is that over kill ive read alot about the rubber wheel burning out really fast? Thanks Everyone

Yes strip it down and do it right....you'll thank yourself later.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:57 PM
nitro-rob

Hello, I have decided to get an 8ight T 2.0 and will have one in the coming weeks. In the meantime I will go through the thread thoroughly and learn more about this truck. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it in magazines and online and decided to purchase it when touching it at the local shop. I will be in touch...
Old 05-22-2010, 10:14 PM
nitro-rob

I have my 8ight T 2.0 RTR and have been over the truck carefully and its ready to be broken in tomorrow. The foil is already on the head.
I've also been through the thread (a policy I have before seriously posting) and have learned a lot of good information - thank you to everyone that has contributed here.
From what I see the stock carb is questionable, the shock ends are overtightened (mine seemed fine) and thats pretty much it other than the stock servo's being weak which is typical for an RTR. I am going to drive this truck stock and replace as needed and sit on some auctions over time to pick up the kit parts. Changing the carb to the LRP will likely happen. I have a spare buku pipe that may make its way on the truck.

Is anyone running a 4s lipo in their box? I have some NiCd batteries I borrowed from my roto start but will need to upgrade and I a debating on getting spare nonlipos for my roto or getting a 4s that can occasionally be put in my electric firestorm that I normally run 3s on.

I plan on heat cycling all day tomorrow and if I can get 4-5 tanks in that way will move to light driving but still under semi heat cycle conditions for the first half gallon or so. Its worked well for my other RCs and they last way over five gallons. One concern I have is that when I tried to give it a good soaking with after run oil it got stuck at the top of the stroke and the bump box couldn't turn it more. I could turn it back with strained fingers (the plug was out, of course). Tomorrow I will preheat it should turn over better. The bumb box wheel has minimal contact with the flywheel so that seems good. This is my first bump start truck. I will likely change my firestorm over to the bump box as well.

I already had a DX3 setup so I bought the truck without it and got $240 off. I wasn't interested in the telemetry (it IS a gimmick and pretty useless) and just have a regular receiver in it.

I am slow with the break in and dislike starting a new engine for the first time - there is a big unknown for the first few tanks and that is where all the problems are. I will know quickly tomorrow if its going to be a long or short day. Until then I am anxious and a little nervous.

This truck is sweet, I am in love with it already and it hasn't burned an ounce of fuel.

Is this thread dead?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:20 AM
INTEGRA

Stick to the Tech rob....you'll get WAY more informative answer's over there.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:22 PM
nitro-rob

Man this truggy is sweet. I did a series of heat cycles today and it ran flawlessly for a break in. I will start light driving and a little bit of leaning tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:44 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Man this truggy is sweet. I did a series of heat cycles today and it ran flawlessly for a break in. I will start light driving and a little bit of leaning tomorrow.

Glad your enjoying it...wait till you get it on the track.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:01 PM
rotzilla

too bad this thread is so dead here. im a pretty avid user here, but tech is so much more useful for this model....
Old 05-24-2010, 10:48 PM
nitro-rob

Integra,
I have been posting there (I believe you have the same screen name there) but sometimes the guys are kind of dicks and there are so many useless pages of crap from their petty arguments..it allowed me to cover 75 pages of the thread in minimal time. They are definitely an advanced group and have a lot of racing knowledge. I will keep posting there until I start to fit in.

From what I can tell with this truck is that its very advanced in its design and setup compared to a good basher truck like a savage. It will make me a better driver and force me to consider setup much more than I ever have. Its on a whole new level. I can't believe how sharp it handles without any tweaking. I've just been driving it smoothly after the heat cycling and don't plan on opening it up until I get a quarter gallon in it. To understand the chassis tuning I need a consistent place to drive, though, and will look into the local track for this.

The Mach 454 - is anyone running the high compression head? How does this engine (non hc head) compare performance wise to the LRP .28R? I would consider getting one for my savage since they go for a decent price on ebay. Does a pull start or roto back plate slow it down a lot?
Old 05-24-2010, 11:07 PM
nitro-rob

Lets try to get the thread going.

My engine is still so tight. Only a litre run through it so far so I expect that. I hope to have half a gallon through it by the weekend.

I am going to buy a spare bump box wheel, I can see that being my first problem.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:19 AM
buddachiefer

can i convert my losi 8ight 2.0 truggy from starter box to roto start
Old 01-24-2012, 07:16 PM
nitro-rob

Not easily, the motor plate for the roto start won't fit in the stock mount.  I don't know of anyone that makes a compatible mount.  You could raise the engine a bit to allow for it.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:49 AM
buddachiefer

Thanks, I guess I'll stick w/ the box