Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

truugy selection!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 10:38 PM
malice23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: truugy selection!

This reaction from some1 who doesnt even own a truggy? lol. Stick to the monster trucks buddy.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:53 PM
malice23

[sm=shades_smile.gif] sorry, I guess your savage must've broke since you're on the threads soooo often posting about truggies you wish you owned lol.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:00 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 11-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Anomie

Cease the bickering and stay on topic, please.

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:47 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: malice23

I have an '09 XT8 and love it. Race it bash it and I serve it to the 2.0's and the rc8t's all the time. There is nothing like this truck and the quality is second to none. If you already bought the losi or the AE, I feel kinda bad cuz theplastics are like Toys R Us quality lol. The XT8 looks like its made by porsche or something. Ive said this before...why buy a sports car when you can own a supercar? The adjustability on the xt8 is infinite. The shocks are a work of art. The design is well thought out. It handles the rough and smooth section with ease. VERY easy to drive fast too. Nothing has broken on this truck to date and yes, parts are expensive but in the end you WILL NOT BREAK ANYTHING! So spend your money wisely. The only thing on the same level would be the Mugen. Unless you like to constantly work on your truck then go with the AE or the Losi. Otherwise if you want quality AND performance get the xt8. You will remember my word one day. Also, nothing soars through the air like an xt8. I have jump contests with my firends RC8T all ther time and my xt8 jumps further, leveler and lands perfect everytime. No comparison.

that's pretty funny i must say.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:20 PM
malice23

I know... how funny is it that you own a Team Loser lol.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:16 PM
rider313

ORIGINAL: malice23

I know... how funny is it that you own a Team Loser lol.
This guy is a work of art. LOL
Old 11-25-2009, 10:33 PM
thomas95

guys..as we know its that time of the year..CHRISTMAS!..
my parents said i ccan get an rc. i love truggies. so last christmas i got the kyosho dst. what a fail car. so i sold it to my uncle and got a few bucks of it...but anyway.my limit is like 400 bucks and it has to b new..cant get a kit as i am 14 yrs old and parents cant trust me for crap building a car that runs on fuel lol. any ideas? i dont want a crappy redcat or something..i want it to be genuine and have good liability...anyone got ideas?

Tom
Old 11-25-2009, 11:17 PM
(MRC) Scotty!

If your stuck at $400 and must get RTR then I would chose either the RC8T rtr or Jammin X-2 RTR. Search the web long enough you will find both for right at or just over $400..
Old 11-26-2009, 12:46 AM
DS

ORIGINAL: thomas95

guys..as we know its that time of the year..CHRISTMAS!..
my parents said i ccan get an rc. i love truggies. so last christmas i got the kyosho dst. what a fail car. so i sold it to my uncle and got a few bucks of it...but anyway.my limit is like 400 bucks and it has to b new..cant get a kit as i am 14 yrs old and parents cant trust me for crap building a car that runs on fuel lol. any ideas? i dont want a crappy redcat or something..i want it to be genuine and have good liability...anyone got ideas?

Tom
Thunder Tiger st-1 is around $298 or $264 it's perfect and it's tuff as hell! Still competative mostly depends on the driver. Might be able to find good deal because its close to the holidays. Oh and the xt8 yes it's a nice truggy but it's hard too find parts. If you want to buy a supercar what about a mugen? Its nice just doesn't have all the fancy bling an xray does
Old 11-26-2009, 02:26 AM
HerrSavage

FYI the ST1 and RC8T use the exact same diffs..(the ST1 always had a rep for having great, durable diffs..)
Old 11-26-2009, 04:44 PM
thomas95

i tihnk i mihgt go with the Jammin X-2 RTR. its a reasonable prcie and i like the components on it...for an rtr. But like i said, im 14 and cant get a kit...anyone know how well this will do at the track? thanks so much

Tom
Old 11-26-2009, 04:48 PM
HerrSavage

You'll do fine.. Some people might tell you need $150 servos and $500 in engine, pipe, and clutch, but for starters, if the Jammin is what you want and can afford, just get it and go for it.. Don't let all the hoopla on forums or even at your track make you think you have to have the most expensive of everything.. If you want the Jammin, get it and enjoy it - cuz you will...
Old 11-26-2009, 04:52 PM
thomas95

ty so much...i hate when you look at reviews because people talk mad about the cars and you get frustrated cuz theres only so much you can spend and for that price you have little options

Tom
Old 11-26-2009, 05:00 PM
HerrSavage

I look at it this way: I race against myself.. There will always be guys there with more money, more motivation to wrench and find the perfect setup, more whatever.. At my local track you can pretty much write off the first 3-4 places, so I try to be competitive in the second tier group after that. I'm not interested in a.) investing more money, or b.) investing more time and effort, so I'm fine with that.. I've found my niche and that's where I've decided to stay, regardless of nonsense trash-talking in forums or wherever.. Even in this second tier group there are some guys who have big money engines, stacks and stacks of tires, etc.., but I don't know, they're sometimes a bit clueless, so I'm still competitive with them even though I normally run cheaper gear, and am too lazy to change diff and shock oil between every heat.. In the 6-7 races I've been too, I've usually been among the top 1-3 of that second tier, and that's actually pretty good considering how little attention I pay to setup or having high-dollar engines..(have good servos though.. I'd rather have high-dollar servos and a Mach 427 than some overpriced RB and low-end servos... For you though, just replace stuff as it breaks..) So just get the RTR Jammin and go race and have fun.. Everything else (for starters anyway..) is hot air.. The trash-talking and "if you don't have an RB C6 you might as well not even show up" is all a crock and ruins the fun of it.. So you just have to tune it out and do your own thing..
Old 11-27-2009, 12:31 AM
bronx boy

i have all typs of r/c cars and truggies i like the st-1 also have the old hot bodies lgt stadium pro and tha raze st they all have there good and bad points dollar for dollar i would go with lgt st pro its 439 at stormer i got mine at ultimate for 289 way back when if you are looking to just bash look at the tamiya nitrage its 199 at ultimate hobbies for 199 you dont have to break the bank to get up and running quickly good luck in whatever you choose
Old 11-30-2009, 09:09 AM
thomas95

i keep checking HB for their rtr truggy snd its always ouut of stock...y??
Tom
Old 11-30-2009, 09:10 AM
HerrSavage

That old HB RTR truggy is now called the HPI Trophy Truggy I think...(rebranding..) There is no D8T RTR - as far as I know..
Old 11-30-2009, 01:14 PM
malice23

If you want something that wont break no matter what you throw at it...Id go with the old Hyper ST truggy. I first started with one of those and it literally stayed together till the day I sold it. Its a bit heavy but If you are just starting out and are on a budget, thats what I would get. Any other RTR is going to cost you a crap load of dough. The x2 and the rc8t rtr's are not cheap unless you find some insane sale. But the other good thing about the Hyper ST is that you can buy upgrade parts for it from the pro kit. They even sell new lighter parts for the kit in general so if you want to start somewhere on something that is solid, and wont need constant maintenance Id go with this truck. Its got a ton of steering too and loves on power turns. And as time goes on you can upgrade it to a more pro level truck if you choose to. Ive heard about some durability issues with the x2 concerning wing mounts and other stuff. But from first hand experience nothing outlived my Hyper. I think the rtr version coems with a pretty good .28 also. Look into it, you wont be disappointed. Plus its gotta be one of the hottest looking truggies out there. Very Unique look.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:17 PM
malice23

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ST-Truggy-RTR

Thats the link from amain. Its on back order but their customer service is pretty good and will tell you accurately when they expect it in. But dont rule out ebay. I bet they have a few for a fraction of that cost. Just remember my words. This car does not break easily.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Doxiedad
My Feedback: (4)

Why is it when you go to the ofna website it doesn't list it? Is it discontinued?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Turboprop130

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say spend the extra money and get the Jammin X2 or save a few bucks and find an X1 for $300. I would stay away from the Z01T. I've seen it break real easy.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 AM
malice23

Ya I think ofna is doing a new version of it now. But the pro kit has a few new lightened parts thatll shed some weight. But you can still get your hands on the rtr and pro kits. they're readily available for a real good price and the performance is pretty good. Where this truggy shines though is durability, its real hard to break one of these. The parts quality is actually really good. Maxbashing did a truggy shootout with it placing 3rd out of a whole lineup of truggies a while back, but they removed that article from their site now...I think you have to subscribe or pay to view all their stuff now which sux cuz they had good, in-depth reviews of a lot of cars. If spending extra money isnt an issue then there are plenty of rtr's to get but if you have to stay in the 400USD area, Id go with the hyper. Nothing to lose. Plus parts are easy to get and theres a lot of support and forums for it. BCE even made an extended chassis for it. But like I said the RTR is good out of the box for the money, plus the wheels look killer.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:00 PM
malice23

Go with the xt8 dude. You wont be disappointed. If your name implies what you drive, lol, then you know what to expect.