Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Exceed.... or not?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:55 PM
!Racerx!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed.... or not?

HiI just purchased an Exceed rc 1/8th scale battalian truggy and it has given me nothing but problems from the engine not starting to theclutchbell falling apart.I was just wondering do i need to tighten up some bolts? Or is the $550 truggy I just bought a peice of crap? 0r?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:30 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Exceed.... or not?

Post a pic of this RC and the busted parts. That way, we can tell you where the problem lies (i.e. gear mesh, weak parts, bad suspension set-up, etc.)

Look at the diff gears: are they plastic? If so GET RID OF THOSE PLASTIC GEARS FAST! Plastic has no business in or on the diffs at all.
Also, the spur gears of these tend to be wobbly; poor fit from the factory. Shim that thing ASAP to prevent further stripped spurs.

I have no idea why your clutchbell fell apart. Post a pic of that.

The engine not starting could be your clutch engagaing too soon. Take your clutch apart and replace as much of it with quality parts (especially good springs and good alum shoes). You will not regret this upgrade.

Pics, pics, pics, pics. Post pics, those say a million words and will help us determine your problems.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:28 PM
dominicevans

ORIGINAL: !Racerx!

HiI just purchased an Exceed rc 1/8th scale battalian truggy and it has given me nothing but problems from the engine not starting to the clutch bell falling apart. I was just wondering do i need to tighten up some bolts? Or is the $550 truggy I just bought a peice of crap? [img][/img]0r[img][/img]?

well its probably crap but i wont know about the 1/8 truggy i know the 1/10s are crap tho
Old 09-03-2009, 01:00 PM
rclynx

Listen to Jim and let him help you.................you can get good and bad in any model out there, sure some are made cheaper but the price usually reflects what the chances are of getting something pretty good..........This is a Hobby and I don't know of anything I couldn't make good short of a Frog and thats a pretty good RC to