Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

IS THE LOSI 8IGHT T 2.0 RTR WORTH THE CASH

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

IS THE LOSI 8IGHT T 2.0 RTR WORTH THE CASH

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 08:09 PM
TIRR2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS THE LOSI 8IGHT T 2.0 RTR WORTH THE CASH

IVE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS TRUGGY AND IT SEEMS AMAZING ITS JUST ON THE PRICEY SIDE. I LOVE THE DESIGN AND IT JUMPS NICELY. ITS HARD TRYING TO COME UP WITH 800$ THOUGH. I WANT UR OPINION AND ANY OTHER NICE RTR(OR KITS)TRUGGIES THAT CAN KEEP UP WITH THIS BEAST.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:20 PM
pickle311
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: IS THE LOSI 8IGHT T 2.0 RTR WORTH THE CASH

A good friend of mine bought the Losi RTR truggy. I will say that it's the best RTR I've ever seen and very capeable right out of the box. The only issue with it is the servos are complete junk. I would recommend replacing them right away. Also, the shock caps will break. You should look into getting the aluminum shock caps fairly soon, but probably not needed right away. The stock motor is very fast and runs great. My friend got a gallon of gas through his before it blew up though. His air filter fell off during a race and it sucked dirt in, trashed the rod and slung a rod bushing. The motor should be good for 4 or 5 gallons though had that not happened. It comes with a really good radio though the telemetry is junk, and the starter box is killer. In the end, yes it's worth the cash, but save a littile more for some good servos though.

If you're interested in building a kit though, Xray and Mugen are the only way to go. The quality of these 2 kits are far superior to anything else on the market right now. It will cost a little more to get them up and going, but far better truggies as far as quality goes.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:21 AM
K_B

ORIGINAL: TIRR2012

IVE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS TRUGGY AND IT SEEMS AMAZING ITS JUST ON THE PRICEY SIDE. I LOVE THE DESIGN AND IT JUMPS NICELY. ITS HARD TRYING TO COME UP WITH 800$ THOUGH. I WANT UR OPINION AND ANY OTHER NICE RTR(OR KITS) TRUGGIES THAT CAN KEEP UP WITH THIS BEAST.
It's not a matter keeping up with the Losi. It's what the Losi comes with. It's the only RTR that has an actual starter box, which is much more reliable than any pullstart or rotostart, plus the motor doesn't have the extra drag of the starter mechanism on the back. It also comes with a 2.4Ghz radio, which no other RTR has. As far as the servos go, they're junk in just about any RTR out there. You're not necessarliy paying for performance, you're paying for stuff that you usually would end up buying later anyway, and would end up paying more for in the end. So really, the Losi could be considered quite a deal.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:55 PM
rider313

if you ever plan on racing yes it is. if your just a back yard basher you can get away with a difernt truck. There is some sites out there tat have this truck considerable cheaper than $800. i'm sure someone here will know of a site and get you a link.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:13 PM
TIRR2012

thanks so far also can I have some links to some sites for this car. cheaper than 800$
Old 12-02-2009, 07:42 PM
K_B

Keep in mind that the $799 you see at most online stores is the minimum advertised price. That means that you won't see what the actual price is until you add it to your shopping cart. For example, A-Main Hobbies is actually selling it for $719.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:47 PM
rider313

THEBARNFLOOR.com  has it cheap you just got to catch them in stock.
also try
http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetail.php?prod=LOSB0085
bolth should be in the $650 range.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:31 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

If you are just getting into RC or racing the RTR is a complete package, you will get everything you need to go. if you decide you want to seriously race you will end up spending a bit of additional cash getting all the upgrade parts and a good .21 sized motor. I had one of these and it was great out of the box, plus Horizon/Losi support is top notch and they will go out of their way to support this product.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:41 AM
hakmazter

The radio is awesome.