Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hpi Firestorm Help!

Hey guys, ive had a Hpi Firestorm 10 t since july, one day i was doing the maintenance as stated in the manual for the clutch, when i took off the clutch bell there was only 4 washers, the manual shows 5, so i called up hpi and they sent me a pack of the 5 washers, and i put them in, ever since then the pull starter has been getting stuck, when i start the car it just revs up really high, and even if i put it on the ground and try to go it will just stall out.

i tried adjusting the high and low needles all different ways, and i still cannot get it to work right

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hpi Firestorm Help!

Not that a lot of guys here wouldn't know about the small block engines the Firestorm is an ST (Stadium Truck) not a Truggy [&o] What you are describing is usually an engine that is worn out. If it starts and goes to a high idle its only one thing "lean mixture" its caused by an air leak, fuel lines, fuel tank, O-rings around carb or low compression (NOT ENOUGH PRESSURE IN THE MUFFLER TO PUSH FUEL THROUGH THE CARB) I did leave out one other possibility, dirt in the carb (OOPS) Good Luck and HAPPY RC'en

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I forgot to mention the air filter came off the carb while driving in the sand once but i had it running and driving after that, i cant believe the engine is worn out after 5 months and only about 2 total hours of use

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: standbackimapro

I forgot to mention the air filter came off the carb while driving in the sand once but i had it running and driving after that, i cant believe the engine is worn out after 5 months and only about 2 total hours of use

you ran sand through it...what do you expect ?
    2012 RCP MB-RadioPost-BGApparel-TeamPanther-Hitec-Losi-W.E.D. Paint-C.R.E.Fuel-CompHeat-Tekin-TT-Team C.R.E.-MatrixConcepts-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if it was the washers on the crankshatf, they may have been the clutch shims for the bell. does the clutch bell spin freely, or does it turn the motor over?
    Mike: \"It\'s broken.\" Carter: \"Just solder it.\"
    Mike: \"It\'s nitro.\" Carter: \"Lean it out\"