Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Truggy!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:19 PM
INTEGRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Truggy!!

ORIGINAL: rc airplane nut

Is the Raze ST any good?

its a RTR Duratrax....i wouldn't expect much out of it.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:17 PM
romax

Is the Raze ST any good?
Aren't they discontinued ? I had one when they first came out o.k. for bashing but def NOT for racing . I was actually pleasantly surprised at the durability. My son beat that thing like a red headed step child for 6 gallons & other than the flimsy stock body breaking to pieces & the steering servo stripping out on the first day , nothing else broke. Are there better trucks out there YES .
Old 01-09-2010, 09:49 PM
rc airplane nut
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: romax

Is the Raze ST any good?
Aren't they discontinued ?
O, yea I just looked and they are.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:33 AM
dominicevans

ok kind of narrowed down my choice

which would you choose and why?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67904.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	1353271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98040.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	1353272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66370.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	1353273  
Old 01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
jmaxey51

i would go with the jammin, they are good racing truggies and they are tuff as nails you wont break it. we run jammins and have been for a little over a year now and only broke one arm on the truggy and one on the buggy. we havent had to replace anything else. the losi is a great truggy also but they do tend to wear parts quick. but i would not go with the D8T IMO they just have some stupid design on some parts of it IMO. and if they are anything like the buggy they will break axils left and right. but they do handle like no other they are one of the best handling truggies out there but they are also pretty heavy.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:04 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd probably get the Losi cuz 1.) everything's in the box ready to go, and 2.) it's got the burliest engine of the three.. If you really like wrenching, that Hot Bodies setup could be fun too though.. But for the Mach 26 you would be best off with a closed backplate and starterbox..

Why not just an RC8T RTR though and leave it at that?... All of the ones you're considering are pretty awesome - so just go with your gut..
Old 01-10-2010, 08:57 PM
dominicevans

IMO The RC8t s a really high price tag for what your getting, in terms of electronics

Starter box is about 100 more bucks..I know its much better but its pretty expensive.
That's why I like the 8ight t but then I would have to upgrade the throttle servo
Old 01-10-2010, 11:19 PM
MuggyDude

Losi, best designed and will take a thrashing.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:23 PM
bronx boy

hey guys im the old timer here i have three truggies the lightning stadium pro rtr also a thun tgr st1 and a raza st i use them all the hairy beast is the stadium pro the st 1 comes in a close second the raze st has been a good car since i upgraded the servos i have been doing this since 1984 what you want to do is get these just when they are being discontinued i paid 269 for the stadium pro and 199 for the st1 and 161 for the raze st so i got three for the price of a new hot got to have car you have to be smart thats why i have over 35 cars i love this hobby but i would be broke if i jumped on the band wagon of this is the best car ever b/s
Old 01-12-2010, 06:01 PM
MuggyDude

I wa=ould rather have a third of the cars you own and have them all be better quality, updated, superior cars. Those cars you mentioned all handle like a tanker compared to the newer trucks like the 8-T 2.0.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 PM
bronx boy

i know what works well bud when i want to go fast i always get something faster than the other guy unless your on the podium with a big name sponser on your shirt and backing your car you better have some really deep pockets to hang and bang with the big boys if you just enjoy this hobby for the fun of it you can have a real blast with whatever is in your hands at that moment wether im driving a 1/18 electric or a .28 foam tire road rocket it all the same to me i just love it
Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 PM
bronx boy

in a year or two when i get my 8t 2.0 will you be saying that im a crazy old man who would buy a old hunk of junk like a 8t 2.0 and beleive me i will get it cheap my moto is i dont know what something is worth but i know what i wount pay for it
Old 01-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Harald1966

ORIGINAL: dominicevans
I think I would like a RTR since the cost of truggy kits are waaay up there and I am not a fan of buying used.
If you are wrecking (bashing) the car anyway, why are you so worried of buying a used one?
Big deal!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:34 PM
dominicevans

wrecking? haha who would do that to a perfectly good RC?

Bashing as in driving around playing fields and having fun no racing..

When you buy used you never know what your getting. Many times persons get ripped off pretty badly and you would have to spend what i would cost new to get the car running agen.

and quick question: Why do you racers think that bashers should not have good things?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:41 PM
MuggyDude

used doesn't mean bad, I have had tons of luck buying used. On ebay, if you feel you were ripped off, you go back through paypal and get a refund. On forums like RCTECH, you look at there feedback rating to see if they are honest.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:21 PM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

Hi, I would go with the Jammin X2. I have both the losi and the Jammin, and the losi is amazing and graceful on the track and I love mine, but for what your looking for the Jammin truggy is tough as nails and is well capable of winning races as well. For durability, lower cost and a more versatile platform. For racing or bashing (not just one or the other) Any of the three listed will get the job done for sure.
Best of luck with your purchase, Whichever one you choose, I hope you have a blast!
Take care,
Jay
Old 01-20-2010, 11:33 PM
MuggyDude

+1 to what he said. I own a 8-T 2.0 and a jammin x2 buggy, and both are great, though the jammin probably is more durable. I have to get all of my parts online for the jammin unfortunetely.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:47 PM
nitrofishing

The Hot Bodies Lighting Stadium RTR is a great basher truggy. Parts are the cheapest of all brands. I've ran one for several years, granted i have the better pro shocks, all carbon upgrades and changed to 17mm drive shafts, LPR tires,hardened diff gears, replaced the cheap plastic steering servo with metal geared(Hobby Partz.com) all the oils added the wing replaced the front bumper with the buggy bumper,( i think that is all?) Now i have changed to the D8T servo-battery tray this really improves the weight to the front. With all that said it is the cheapest to start with.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:01 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

l like my assosiated best, the steering geometry is just awsome, and never binds , and its so tough.
There are alot of awsome truggies, theres not a huge amount to a truggy, and most of them are tough as nails.