Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Difference in Losi 8ight 2.0 T RTR, and Roller?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Difference in Losi 8ight 2.0 T RTR, and Roller?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
baxternick
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in Losi 8ight 2.0 T RTR, and Roller?

What is the chassis difference between the two? I want to get my first race truck, and everyone tells me to build a roller, but the RTR seems sweet with the radio and all included. So is the roller that much better of a race truck?
Old 01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
(MRC) Scotty!

Default RE: Difference in Losi 8ight 2.0 T RTR, and Roller?

The biggest down fall in the past with RTR vehicles is the radio equipment you get with them, and the need to up date immediately. Losi owning shares in Spektrum have come up with a potent package for and RTR. The Servos will still need upgraded, but the radio and other parts are top notch.. and the servos will work for the time being.. Also typically the materials used to build a RTR aren't as good as the kit version.. Things like 7075 alum vs 6061 which is heavier and more dense and flexes more. Or more plastic parts versus the need aluminium upgrade parts that normal come in a kit..

The only other reason to build a kit or roller is so you can see how everything goes together and will make it easier for you to service, or repair anything that may go wrong...
Old 03-13-2010, 03:23 AM
mecano

Default RE: Difference in Losi 8ight 2.0 T RTR, and Roller?

Get the RTR, the difference is about $700, by the time you buy the engine, pipe, radio, servos, and starter box. I bought the roller and wish I had waited for the RTR. It is a better deal and as far as i can tell the chassis is the same.