Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

X2 CRT BRUSHLEASS

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 06:50 PM
DS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X2 CRT BRUSHLEASS

Decided to do up a electric trugg. Started disassembling/cleaning my Jammin and my conversion kit came in the mail today. From the looks it seems pretty well built but I will see how durable it is when it's put too the test! I will be putting an other order in Tuesday so the thread will be updated soon! But here it is so far what do you think[&:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64078.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	1415602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95483.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	1415603  
Old 04-10-2010, 06:57 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: X2 CRT BRUSHLEASS

if its anything like the X1 buggy it will rock
only thing you should do is get the CNC braces for the center cause at least on the buggy they will flex and bend the chassis(seeing the setup looks identical I'm guessing it will have the same issue). the aluminum ones remove all chassis flex, and make it extremely rigid so it won't warp

I have its little sibling the .5 CRT BL and that thing kicks major ass
Old 04-10-2010, 07:40 PM
DS

so cnc chassis braces
Old 04-10-2010, 08:17 PM
DS

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

if its anything like the X1 buggy it will rock
only thing you should do is get the CNC braces for the center cause at least on the buggy they will flex and bend the chassis(seeing the setup looks identical I'm guessing it will have the same issue). the aluminum ones remove all chassis flex, and make it extremely rigid so it won't warp

I have its little sibling the .5 CRT BL and that thing kicks major ass
Did you ever get your eurgle 2.4 radio to bind? thinking about getting it for my jammin. Any glitches or interference issues? how you like it?
Old 04-10-2010, 08:19 PM
jmaxey51

the truggy doesnt need the CNC chassis braces, however the buggy does. i have ran both and the plastic one on the truggy is for flex, the CNC truggy ones wont let it flex much making it bounce around more. the CNC braces are fine for smooth tracks but if it get rough it will bounce around and wont drive as smooth.

but like Venom said put the straight brace back on the chassis, i can tell by the pics you had one on it, that brace is a must or you will have center diff problems. meaning the spur gear can loose its teeth easier.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:36 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

yea I got the eurgle it works great for the most part, no glitching at all, and I've driven my one buggy off the horizon (prolly 300 yards or so) & could still control it.
got 7 extra RX's for all my RC's too

only issue I'm having is with my mamba monster system I got
the mamba won't lemme set the throttle psoitions with the eurgle, but I lucked out cause when I reversed the throttle channel the mamba was perfectly set
other than that it works perfect
I've used it with a XL-5, HPI SC-15, HPI EN-1, Hobby wing EZ-run 35, and a HW 65A with no issues along with my nitros throttle servos.

On the mamba I've read a few different controller brands have issues with it, so its not a eurgle issue more like a mamba issue
Old 04-10-2010, 09:49 PM
DS

so hobbywing works?
Old 04-10-2010, 09:54 PM
DS

Well here is what is left to order?
3x tunigy 5s 5000mah 20c lipos
1x kershaw Designs Xerun 150/kd 7xl 2350kc combo
1x programmin card
about $125 stuff from amain
and a eurgle radio and then its done!
Im going to order the battery /esc motor combo tuesday. Trying to knock out the expensive crap first
Old 04-10-2010, 10:00 PM
worstluck

so far this has worked flawlessly in mine (raced it twice so far). http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-combo-m3.html

its got more than enough juice
Old 04-10-2010, 10:27 PM
DS

well the kd 2085kv on 5s would be torquery and provide longer runt times. but 7xl would be mean on 5s but i think i would have heat issues. I think i will play it safe and stick with 2085kv on 5s
Old 04-11-2010, 05:13 PM
DS

Hey guys I think im backing out! Sad to say but when I saw my dad's jammin crt.5 fire up and idle all day for breakin I got a bad gut feeling that im going to miss nitro.Wat to do lol
Old 04-11-2010, 05:41 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: drs92

Hey guys I think im backing out! Sad to say but when I saw my dad's jammin crt.5 fire up and idle all day for breakin I got a bad gut feeling that im going to miss nitro.Wat to do lol
btw if your dad breaks the steering knuckles and C-hubs(I split both of mine in half...) on the .5 you can slap on MT2 C-hubs and aluminum GPM MT2 Steering knuckles with a little work, and 4 ball bearings.
2: 10mm X15mm X4mm ball bearings (or HPI B030)
and 2 that will fit in I forgot the size the guy at my LHS thought the idea up about ball bearings in ball bearings and oddly knew of one that would fit off the top of his head
Also had to drill through the top a-arm where it connects to the chassis seeing I lost mines pin when I hit it good. I put a HPI screw through it and it hasn't come loose since

Could pick up a Jammin .5 and slap in a 8.5T 60A HW BL system and race your dad for around $300 (+ batteries 1 $23 Turnigy 5200mah 2s gets me around 40 mins of run time )
hell that would cost around the same that the BL system you need for the 1/8th

BTW in my estimate I got the Jammin .5 CRT Pro for $130 shipped and based it on that
Old 04-11-2010, 05:59 PM
DS

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: drs92

btw if your dad breaks the steering knuckles and C-hubs(I split both of mine in half...) on the .5 you can slap on MT2 C-hubs and aluminum GPM MT2 Steering knuckles with a little work, and 4 ball bearings.
2: 10mm X15mm X4mm ball bearings (or HPI B030)
and 2 that will fit in I forgot the size the guy at my LHS thought the idea up about ball bearings in ball bearings and oddly knew of one that would fit off the top of his head
Also had to drill through the top a-arm where it connects to the chassis seeing I lost mines pin when I hit it good. I put a HPI screw through it and it hasn't come loose since

Could pick up a Jammin .5 and slap in a 8.5T 60A HW BL system and race your dad for around $300 (+ batteries 1 $23 Turnigy 5200mah 2s gets me around 40 mins of run time )
hell that would cost around the same that the BL system you need for the 1/8th

BTW in my estimate I got the Jammin .5 CRT Pro for $130 shipped and based it on that
DAMN!!!! 40mins of runtime! Pretty sweet[>:] I'll probably stay nitro on the bigger stuff
Old 04-11-2010, 06:18 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

its pretty nimble, and has damn good handling
only thing that disappointed me in it was the C-hub's there kinda weak, which is why I went with the HPI ones. Also the front hubs are hard to find and the actual aluminum ofna set costs $55 (cheapest I could find out of 25 sites) for the hubs alone, the knuckles are another $55. I paid around $20 total for the alternative I used which works in my view just as well
The arms are about as thick as my MT2 and its around the same width so they seem strong

Honestly its the 1st electric thing I've driven that actually made me happy
I got a list of parts (- the hubs and knuckles) http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_95...tm.htm#9587793

the 1st set of pics I was very unhappy with the batteries orientaion it made it flip VERY easy when turning right at any speed. Moved the tray(stampede chassis, god I love those chassis's) up-top to ballance its weight it will flip but mostly when going full throttle at around half throttle to 70% it turns fine
also originally I used a futaba 4004 servo for turning DO NOT use that I completely stripped mine in 2 runs. I got a hitec 645MG instead and its holding up great.

And runtimes between 30-40 mins I should have said. All I know is my nephew went through 3 1800mah battery packs, and a 2300mah pack on his stampede and I was still running mine for a quite a while longer
I use a 14tooth pinion and my motor and esc run cool I had it on a 16tooth at one point but it was going too fast for my liking motor was only slightly warm from it.

Main thing I'm shocked at is I haven't smoked my stock tires yet. There actually barely showing any wear and I've mostly ran it on concrete and asphalt

theres also a mod I read about that allows for 1/8th scale buggy wheels mounted on it
Old 04-11-2010, 06:34 PM
DS

how do you think it would do in grass?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:33 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

well it does fine on the lawns in the neighborhood don't notice it slow down at all. Also on grass is only time I flipped it when turning sharp going a little over 80% throttle
there around 1.5 inches high
the truck as I said can have bigger tires
I've been tempted to fling on my masher 2ks for fun but never bothered seeing I think I'd need a 10tooth pinion to go a decent speed smallest I have is 12tooth

hell try your dads .5 in grass it will handle the same
Old 04-11-2010, 08:01 PM
DS

so if you were in my situation would you keep the jammin and go nitro. Convert to electric. Or sell it and get a mini hyper st-e or mini hyper st? You have a little bit of everything what would be the sweetest and most funnest lol