Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

D8T + Novarossi N21BF??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 06:15 PM
jmaxey51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: D8T + Novarossi N21BF??

ORIGINAL: Nesal

Nice truck, track and driving!!
Thanks

Old 05-09-2010, 08:04 PM
nitroexpress

Nice video. I love the JPX.21 I run in my D8T, but it's time for it to go. No matter what, the mileage just isn't there. Just finishing breaking in a MG66. I think I can return it if I don't get fourteen minutes run time.

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...roducts_id=355
Old 05-09-2010, 09:05 PM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

Nice video. I love the JPX.21 I run in my D8T, but it's time for it to go. No matter what, the mileage just isn't there. Just finishing breaking in a MG66. I think I can return it if I don't get fourteen minutes run time.

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...roducts_id=355
i was getting almost 10 min with my JPX... what pipe were you using?

Old 05-09-2010, 11:52 PM
nitroexpress

JP3/JP4/DYNA086

Heavy throttle finger, probably too much throttle blipping. Medium/large outdoor track, 7 min is about it.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:01 AM
jmaxey51

wow thats odd, i run the JP3 on medium size tracks, one with long straights and i was getting over 8 no matter what. what plug you running?

oh yeah i ran 20% fuel too.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:27 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: mattyb13

Jmaxey51,
I am about to drop in and get the D8T. The Jammin JPX .21 is high on my options list of engines to get for it. How has that engine performed for you? I have heard good things about that engine but considering you are running the EXACT settup I am contemplating I am VERY interested in your feedback! There are so many good engines right now in that same price range that honestly I am somewhat confused. I am also curious about that JL.21, or the Reedy VR121, Alpha (BUT which one) or maybe even a Nova (however, I have NO idea which Nova would best suit a truggy.) I am looking to put ''ballpark'' $250 into an engine. I would go a little higher or certainly lower if I could but I want at least $250 worth or power. I had a V-Spec in my Cen Matrix TR C2XPRO. It was really flying and keeping up with anything out there until the conrod snapped at 2 gallons and absolutely destroyed that poor engine!
the Jammin JPX 21 works amazing in that truggy! my dad actually bought it for a buggy and he didnt like the power plant, however i loved it, it was ok in buggy, a little to much IMO and it worked pretty good in the jammin X2 truggy i had and then i put it in the D8T and it seemed like it was made for that truggy. but be for warned the carb isnt the best, i have 7-8 gallons in the engine and its still very strong but the carb is shot. other than that it was worth all of the $200 that it cost (i got it when they first came out and Amain had a sale on them). i havent ran a JL so i cant really comment on them, but im worried about how long they will last. now the Reedy is awesome but they are having issues with the silicone coming out of the crank and ruining the engine, i heard you can just take it out and run it but youll loose about 30 seconds of run time. on a nova the one that is my favorite and i think is perfect is the plus 4, i know it says its a buggy engine but its perfect for truggy, smooth power plant. when i was going to get a engine this past week it came down to the plus 4 and the Alpha (green head) but my sponsor had Alphas and if i wanted a Nova i would have had to pay alot more for it and he has a bunch in stock. so i went with the Alpha and i have to say im very happy with my choice, best engine i have ever driven by far!! amazing power plant with tons of power, more than you need most of the time. i raced it yesterday and man was it awesome, i was getting 8+ min a tank and its not even fully broken in yet, they dont fully breakin for about 2 gallons. if you go with an Alpha get the Alpha 801 pipe, perfect combo.

IMO the two engines i would look at is the JPX 21 or the Alpha. the orange head has more snap off the bottom and the green head one has a smoother bottom but about the same up top. i prefer the Green head but im planning on getting a orange head in the next month or two to try it out. i just wouldnt get the red head one.

i hope this helps with your decision.

Believe it or not but the JL is extremely well built.... billet piston, oversized crankpin and very well hardened crank.... I would dare to say the JL is going to outlast the Alpha, as the Alpha only uses a cast piston...
Old 05-10-2010, 10:24 AM
nitroexpress

Unlike some, I really don't believe different brands make much difference. I use what I have. Sometimes RB, O'Donnell, Picco, etc. Actually I find it strange that when speaking of mileage, few mention what venturi they are running. Tuning and venturi size, to my mind, are the biggest factors in mileage. I supposeI shouldadd throttle control. I get a lot of enjoyment from slipping, sliding and drifting around corners, even if it's not the fastest way around. BTW, I'm running a 7mm venturi. Could go down, butI'd rather have the power.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:35 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did a Werk's B5...its a rippin little engine for sure !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4i3lE3N4n0
Old 05-10-2010, 05:18 PM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

Unlike some, I really don't believe different brands make much difference. I use what I have. Sometimes RB, O'Donnell, Picco, etc. Actually I find it strange that when speaking of mileage, few mention what venturi they are running. Tuning and venturi size, to my mind, are the biggest factors in mileage. I supposeI shouldadd throttle control. I get a lot of enjoyment from slipping, sliding and drifting around corners, even if it's not the fastest way around. BTW, I'm running a 7mm venturi. Could go down, butI'd rather have the power.
i used to think the same thing but i soon realized plugs do make a pretty big difference, i ran the 13 dollar ofna plug in mine and it worked great and it would last over 2 gallons before it would burn out. also i ran a 6 or 6.5 mm restrictor. it had more power than i ever needed. and i drive alot like you, im a throttle happy driver and i drift it around some turns just depending on witch way is fastest.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Nesal

Ok... I ordered the D8T!! Im psyched! Wont have it until the 5th of June because my parents are gonna pick it up in the US and bring it back with them but cant wait!! What CB are you running? 13 or 14? I will be installing the V-Spec first.....
Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 AM
jmaxey51

Ok... I ordered the D8T!! Im psyched! Wont have it until the 5th of June because my parents are gonna pick it up in the US and bring it back with them but cant wait!! What CB are you running? 13 or 14? I will be installing the V-Spec first.....
13T for most tracks and a 14T if the track is pretty much wide open the whole time. I run everything stock except the aluminum servo horn (which is a MUST btw). did you order the V-spec or is that what your planning on running?

i just came home with a pretty big win this weekend at the 4th round of the Goergia Championship Series. no one could touch the two HB, until the other one had engine problems forcing him to quit.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Nesal

Wow nice one man. Yeah I have alum servo horn on steering and also ordered another alum one for the throttle/brake linkage. Its the V-Spec I run on the Hyper 7, it has 2,5 gallons through it! Great engine!! Maybe next engine will be the Reedy, but theres a while until that! Had any experience with it? Did you end up getting the D8 Buggy?
Old 05-17-2010, 02:01 PM
jmaxey51

Wow nice one man. Yeah I have alum servo horn on steering and also ordered another alum one for the throttle/brake linkage. Its the V-Spec I run on the Hyper 7, it has 2,5 gallons through it! Great engine!! Maybe next engine will be the Reedy, but theres a while until that! Had any experience with it? Did you end up getting the D8 Buggy?
reedy is an extremely good engine except the silicone comes out of the crank and messes up the whole engine 90% of the time, you can take it out and run it without it but youll loose about 30 seconds of run time. personaly the Alpha engines are some awesome engines, i just got mine and its the best engine i have ever tried, they are around 220 and the pipe is around 60. i have the green head one right now but getting the orange head one very soon. and i have a D8 buggy im using right now, im about to buy it but havent just yet, someone hardly used it and told me to run it and see how i like it. and man i have never driven a buggy so good. i had a 20 second lead at the 10 min mark and was stretching the gab every lap but the dang axil snapped, should have replaced it but i was to lazy. i had the updated ones with me but just never felt like putting them on. but over all i love the HB stuff great great buggy and truggy.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:06 PM
jmaxey51

oh yeah the Aluminum throttle linkage isnt really needed, the plastic one that comes with the kit work perfect. the only problem with the steering one is that if you dont have it on the tight it strips. also build the kit EXACTLY how the manual says, measure everything it gives lengths. also use locktight and greese everywhere it says to. also on diffs run 7k front 10k center and 3k rear and do everything else exactly how the kit says.

Also found a weak point, the bearings in the rear diff case that holds the pinion gear will come apart after the first gallon and a half, so have a spare or just buy a 2 better ones and put them in while building the it. i went with the ones that come with the Jammin kits just because i had a few laying around from my jammins.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Nesal

Ok! Will do! I have an aluminum arm made for my airtronics servo so will use that, havent had a problem on my Hyper! Thanks for the help!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:11 PM
jmaxey51

Ok! Will do! I have an aluminum arm made for my airtronics servo so will use that, havent had a problem on my Hyper! Thanks for the help!
using a non hotbodies aluminum horn will make it so you need a spacer or 2 to make it work, i use that method on my buggy because i havent went and picked up another one yet.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:55 AM
Nesal

ORIGINAL: jmaxey51

using a non hotbodies aluminum horn will make it so you need a spacer or 2 to make it work, i use that method on my buggy because i havent went and picked up another one yet.

Whys is that? Where does the spacer go? Thanks
Old 05-18-2010, 08:29 AM
jmaxey51

between the servo saver and the steering linkage. like where it bolts on the servo saver. youll see when you put it on because if you turn right it will hit the servo before it turns all the way.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:13 AM
mattyb13

Is there a link to the aluminum servo saver for the D8T? I cant seem to find the part anywhere? Thanks.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 AM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: mattyb13

Is there a link to the aluminum servo saver for the D8T? I cant seem to find the part anywhere? Thanks.
i havent heard of a aluminum servo saver, i wish they had one. all they have is a aluminum servo horn.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Nesal

Ok well now that you mention it I will probably just place another order and get the aluminum servo horn, anything else worth getting while Im at it? Are you using the dynamite max life shoes on the clutch the D8T comes with? I have a pretty decent clutch so probably wont get that just yet but will at some point. Anything I should have in case of breakage regarding parts? Thanks!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:28 PM
jmaxey51

Ok well now that you mention it I will probably just place another order and get the aluminum servo horn, anything else worth getting while Im at it? Are you using the dynamite max life shoes on the clutch the D8T comes with? I have a pretty decent clutch so probably wont get that just yet but will at some point. Anything I should have in case of breakage regarding parts? Thanks!
get a spare servo saver! forgot to mention they will wear out quick but if you take it apart after you run it and clean it out, it will last alot longer. also buy a spare front center drive shaft (updated) the stock one wears quick. also buy some better bearing for the rear diff case, i used the ones out of the jammin line just because i had some still. other than that i havent had any problem.

here is the updated servo saver which is alot better, part number: 104156
i found it at:http://hobbyroom.ca/pc-111519-316-d8...saver-set.aspx

Old 05-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Nesal

Cant find the updated driveshaft on amain, got a part number? How does the servo saver wear out? Thanks
Old 05-18-2010, 05:03 PM
jmaxey51

Cant find the updated driveshaft on amain, got a part number? How does the servo saver wear out? Thanks
here is the center drive shaft:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ve-Shaft-Set-1

the servo saver gets dirt in it and its like takeing sand paper to it, so it gets slop and in return you loose steering.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Nesal

Thanks, will bear in mind! Cant wait to get the D8T.... ive been wanting something more track worthy for a while! Did your stock parts wear out really quickly or did you just get it to better the reliability for racing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.