Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Whats the best truggy for.......

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Whats the best truggy for.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 05:06 PM
thebombster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats the best truggy for.......

You guys need to stoped getting so jealous. If you don't have the D8t do not hate on it. The D8t hell even the D8 are both amazing vehicles. The D8t kick @##. i'm with u chris.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:38 PM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

But why does it have to be any of the "main" parts sites. Point is finding a reliable parts source that carries the parts and has them in stock regardles of the name of the site. Part of finishing a main is maintenance and the builder too. I have finished many 30 and 45 minute mains with mine. Just look at my results at Wiregrass, SIC and PNB3. If you order online and have a reliable parts source it should not matter if its Amain or Mom and pop parts shack. You get the parts when you need them.
the reason we say the "main" parts sites is because you have way more to choose from which makes shopping an ease and you can find better deals on stuff instead of having 2-3 places that have them and you just have to hope and pray they have the parts you need versus 20+ sites to get parts from. HB, Losi, AE, Mugen, jammin and a few others, you will never have to worry about getting parts for them, even O'donnell is sometimes hard (but very rare) to find parts for. i run HB but i have to say if you want something low on maintenance, durable and will last for ever get an O'donnell. they are easy to drive, pretty cheap on parts and all, (about the same as caster) and have the best quality in the business, and if you ever have trouble, Steve Odonnell himself will call you and help you as much as he can, HE BACKS HIS PRODUCTS 200%!!!

by the way,LRPtruggyis Europe's version of the Z-car truggy here in the USA.

im not trying to start anything but i am just giving my input of how i see it and what i have experienced. (i may be running a caster buggy this weekend for a buggy money race since i just got rid of buggy to buy a new D8)

Old 07-18-2010, 07:54 PM
thebombster

hi
Old 07-19-2010, 10:59 AM
hakmazter

So it is back to the cart and horse with you guys. If you guys constantly bash Caster, it will be difficult for ME to grow. I very rarely if ever run out of parts at casterracingusa.com and I talk to people just like Mr O'Donnell, it is just that we are not quite as far along as he is. Most of the small companies are in the same boat of trying to grow and compete against the big players. We have been doing remarkably well as far as I am concerned and what is great is that international sales are up more than here in the US.

As for online stores, we have one, holeshot hobbies is one (that is actually a lot bigger than people think) who also sells Agama, Mugen, Serpent, VP, and other brands. Stormer sells some of our fusion stuff. AMain just got a fusion ex1.5 to test. It is not our fault that the economy took out Stinger hobbies and Modhobby.

Which is another mention. The economy has been brutal to the rc industry since it is a luxury item hobby. It is hard to grow when unemployment is at 10%, etc.... but once again we are tracking to be up alot again. So we must be doing something right. However, you do have a valid point on pricing.

Since we do not have 1000 dealers in the US and we have been looking out to protect the ones we have, maybe we should drop down price and compete against HB in the entry level/ecomonical pricepoint even with all the upgrades that we offer. I will take it into consideration.

As for forum presence, you are not accurate. The majority of Caster people hang out at our forums and a lot of them are active daily on rctech. But that is more of a racing forum than rc universe.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:39 PM
jmaxey51

delete. sorry wrong topic.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:17 PM
misasi

still running my z-car and love it. there are lots of places that carry parts for them. the truck is a tank and id suggest getting one.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Terra Nova R/C

Where did everyone go? Z-Car is growing fast in Canada and it seems there is nothing left in the US. Terra Nova Hobby has expanded a lot. We have a new website that will be up in a few days with a full online store, Forum, Team Driver's Page, and much more. We also have 2 great Team Drivers, who are racing the Z10XB PRO Buggy. They are doing great and showing people what the Z-CAR can do.
At terra Nova Hobby, we have devoted a lot of time and money into promoting Z-CAR and we don't plan to stop. We are stocked to the roof with Z-CAR Kits, Parts (not often needed), and Upgrades. We carry the ZMXB-8 PRO & RTR, ZMXT-8 PRO & RTR, & Z10XB PRO.

KEEP WATCHING FOR OUR ALL NEW WEBSITE [link]http://www.terranovahobby.ca[/link]
Old 09-05-2010, 09:31 AM
RRHobbyDepot
My Feedback: (1)

Caster makes great products. I put a Savox 1267MG steering servo in a F8T along with an ace cougar ps3i and it can certainly run! I'm installing a Castle Mamba Monster 2200kv Combo with two 11.1v 30c Lipos, I've already ordered and paid for the parts. I'll let everyone know how it runs in a week or 2, everythings delayed with Labor Day.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:19 PM
hakmazter

Z-Car had a rather small following in the Florida area for a while. I don't think they really ever took off and gained traction in the US. The only reason I have even heard of them was a Florida hobby store brought them up in conversation.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:14 AM
miamitj

ORIGINAL: hakmazter

jmaxey51

''Caster looks like a old Mugen MBX5 and MBX5T....''

Once again, ''Caster used to look like....Mugen'' not anymore.....

and your beloved company has to give away their products..... 1 year ago they were over $400.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FQzyDAodJ3pGqw

I think you need to disclose your relationship with Caster before making recommendations or comments like these. You are quite involved with Caster right?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:01 PM
hakmazter

I do not understand your question. Everyone knows that Mugen and Caster have branched away from each other in design and that will continue.