RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Official HPI Hellfire Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/3579916-official-hpi-hellfire-thread.html)

bib 01-18-2006 02:42 PM

RE: Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Anyone know what the main differences are between the Hellfire and Lightning stadium?
Both look pretty similiar to me, I own the Lightning Stadium RR and love the truggy. Its a beast and I get to show up Revos/ Tmaxxes all the time :D

Was just wondering if there were any major differences between the two trucks

dirtybrd 01-18-2006 08:56 PM

Does anyone have an idea of time on the kit version and a price?

ozpall 01-18-2006 09:23 PM

we still trying to find out the release date on the rtr, i'm sure whatever date you find for the kit won't be very accurated.

MN_Gumby 01-19-2006 06:41 AM

Someone from HPI posted on another forum that they haven't finalized the specs for the kit yet so it could be a while. I heard that horizon hobby got their shipment of hellfires on wed so should start showing up in shops by fri or early next week.

1CE 01-19-2006 03:45 PM

thats good to hear, my hoby shop is gettin a few in cant wait to see one...

mosavage 01-19-2006 09:45 PM

they have it a t hobby people for 539

dirtybrd 01-19-2006 09:54 PM

$539 thats crazy low are you sure? I just went to their website and it said $619. Do you have a web address?

big trucks 01-22-2006 05:53 PM

I have been trying to research the hellfire, anyone have more than the basics? I am getting back into truck racing and I want the best. It has been sometime, so I do not know which truck rules the tracks. I am looking at either monster or stadium, is the hellfire considerd monster? I want the best money can buy, I take my hobby serious. Any help is appreciated. Thanks...

noximus 01-23-2006 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: bib

Anyone know what the main differences are between the Hellfire and Lightning stadium?
Both look pretty similiar to me, I own the Lightning Stadium RR and love the truggy. Its a beast and I get to show up Revos/ Tmaxxes all the time :D

Was just wondering if there were any major differences between the two trucks
i have heard (dont quote me on this) that the hellfire is shorter in length...and in width...(which would be a downfall)

i think your truggy is great as well...the RR needs improvement if you are gonna race the thing, but nothing extreme. the LSP is i think the best bang for your buck...but you can easily transform your RR to a pro version..or even better...

noximus 01-23-2006 06:42 PM

you can race your truggy in the monster truck unlimited class...

motocross 01-24-2006 12:00 AM

Got my Hellfire Saturday

It flies

Too much bottom end

Handles awesome

Needs 16T clutch bell

badxlt 01-24-2006 12:17 AM

o come on thats all you have to say.[:@] come lets have it we need more.:D

motocross 01-24-2006 12:45 AM

Ok ok, playing online poker at sametime, I only drove it for 3 laps. The bottom end hits hard I drove it into the fence. Toasted the sterring servo. I would upgrade that before you even drive it. Also get a 16T clutch bell, unless you don't need any top speed. Stock probably only getting 30mph. It will go fast.

Midget 01-24-2006 03:07 AM

you got any pics?????

badz 01-24-2006 06:05 AM

I've seen one tonight at a LHS...was $600...he had 2 in stock

motocross 01-24-2006 10:43 AM

No pics yet. This weekend if its nice

bib 01-24-2006 10:57 AM

Did you take any other significant dmg by running into the fence?

motocross 01-24-2006 09:32 PM

No other damage.

I think it will be Savage tough. I also nosed into a jump face and landed it on its back. No damage. It is hard to jump with stock 13T clutch bell. You need to keep a bit of throttle on when jumping.

Also make sure you loctite the wheel nuts. Tighten all screws and check the air filter. Mine wasn't secured to the carb correctly.

infinite 01-26-2006 02:28 PM

the hellfire is a bad ***** truggy. this thing mobs it up like no other. wait till u guys see the power this things got. also i can not even beleive how good it turns. it is the best steering rc car i have driven. it takes corners like a rc street car. but one thing the pull start sucks broke it on the third tank but i already replaced it with a savage roto start which works so good. another word of advice if u guys want to save some money get the savage roto start kit but dont buy the actual roto start hand held and just use a battery power drill like a makita it works better with longer life and u save like $40.

badxlt 01-26-2006 02:54 PM

so you like it.

hackindog 01-26-2006 07:08 PM

what is estimated top end speed for hellfire?

thibbledorf 01-26-2006 07:21 PM

I really want to see this monster in action?Can anyone make a video and post it or know where i can find a video on the website. I am really interested in the hellfire just waiting to hear more reveiws about it. And also waiting to get some more money on the side to purchase one. Thanks everyone

motocross 01-26-2006 08:01 PM

It rocks. Will get some video a.s.a.p. Weather is bad here now. I haven't heard of the top speed. I am going to try a 16T clutch bell. It does turn awesome.

thunderw0lf 01-27-2006 04:18 AM

Well it looks like I'll be getting one in a few weeks. Just gotta wait for Uncle Sam to send me my $2,100 check.http://www.simnet.is/agirs/PS_Smilies/PS_woohoo.gifhttp://www.simnet.is/agirs/PS_Smilies/PS_woohoo.gifhttp://www.simnet.is/agirs/PS_Smilies/PS_woohoo.gif

WES 69 01-27-2006 05:41 AM

Just got my hellfire and it looks great, can someone tell me if the reciver (6cell) pack is ni-cad or ni-mih? trying to decide if I can use a Futaba MG servo that I have.