RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Tamiya Nitrage 5.2, The Offical Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/6738427-tamiya-nitrage-5-2-offical-thread.html)

fastmaxxcooper 05-24-2011 08:42 PM

RE: Tamiya Nitrage 5.2, The Offical Thread

ORIGINAL: Atomika

Seems seal'n everything up did the trick. Running between 200-215 :)

fantastic! thats right where mine is running no matter how hard I bash on it.

has anyone noticed how sluggish it is cold and how much of a monster it is warm? night and day. more so than any other engine I've used.

I need to put some thicker oil in the center diff. The front tires balloon when I pull the throttle at most speeds. 30k or heavier?

mychales 05-31-2011 09:30 AM

what diff oil are running?

Atomika 06-09-2011 02:40 AM

@ Hawzzy. Yeah I sealed up every thing I possibly could. Runs frigg'n stellar now. I'm also usung Byrons 20% now instead of Traxxas. They recently tore up the track after the JConcepts Spring Nationals out here so theres no where to roll for awhile. :( They're gonna make the track indoor so at least it'll be kick ass when they're done. In the mean time my boy & I drive around to random dirt lots to roll. I did a pretty rad hill climb, I'll have to make a vid and put it up soon.

Hawzzy 06-09-2011 06:40 PM

Cool Atomika...im goiong to have to take the time to do that soon, before the summer is over, cross my fingers. There is a facility 30 mins north of me that put in a couple big tracks in the last couple years. "RockRidge" in Huntsville, Ont....they claim to be the largest outdoor R/C facility in Canada i beleive. Its actually a snow tubing park in the winter time, in the summer they have an oval dirt track and they just reveamped their off road circuit for this season, i REALLY want to get the NITRAGE up there...but it has to be running better first.

Tye

Hawzzy 06-09-2011 06:42 PM

Oops...double post.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ssed_smile.gif</p>

Therion 06-10-2011 03:16 AM

hi, i'm new to this site. well i used to have a nitrage, but i sold it, i feel like buying a truggy again. my question is. what would it take to get this truggy race ready. also they dont have parts at my lhs. where can i find for a reasonable price, ebay got some good deals sometimes but not always.

i know this truck is very durable, but just wondering if it will be expensive to keep. i currently have a savage and an rc10gt2. the gt is cheap to maintain, the savage is a guzzler.

thanks in advance.

Atomika 06-10-2011 07:56 PM

I plan to mod mine for racing soon. You'll need the 17 mm wheel adapters. http://www.bestshoppingcenter.net/ho...Adapter+17mm+2 They're made for the Savage but will fit the Nitrage. This is so you have a broader array of wheels you can put on it. I plan to get some AKA I-Beams. It should corner a hell of a lot tighter with these. A buddy of mine put some on his Mutilator and its made a world of difference. I also plan to put either a Mutilator pipe or a JP4 pipe on it. Eventually I'll be putting a Picco .21 in it. The 5.2/.32 kicks ass but is a frigg'n gas hog. As is right now it works great at the track it jus corners to wide so I have to compensate by sliding around the corners. Sloppy but effective. Parts wise I get everything offa eBay. There seems to be a steady stream of parts on there. Aside from engine parts all I've had to replace is a rear A arm & a lower shock mount. I'm not gentle with my truck by any mean. The busted A arm was from landing side ways ass first after 7 ft of air. The trucks hella durable.

CaseyRobinett_2011 06-14-2011 10:44 AM

I just bought a Nitrage from a friend and he had a 427 engine in it because he bought it as a roller soi decided to go ahead and order a two speed transmission upgrade as well as the 5.2 FR-32FX engine. I noticed the parts are hard to find as well as upgrades such as different gears so i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a good place to find up grades(also looking to see if its possible to but a wheelie bar on the nitrage???). One last thing does anyone know what the top speed on a 5.2 Nitrage would be if its tuned correctly?.....Thanks for the helphttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ular_smile.gif

nitrageowner 06-20-2011 09:19 PM

<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; "><span style="font-size: x-large; ">Im confused, Dude please help I have a nitrage with a 2 speed recently installed and im not certain if I use my nitrage with the 2speed at a dirt track with jumps will my car or anything on it mess up in any way shape or form? I heard you have a 2speed please help! How does your nitrage get effected when you bash your nitrage off-road and on tracks with jumps and stuff similar too those conditions with the 2peed in it at the same time? And if the 2speed is going to mess up the nitrage off-road what do I need to do to make it off-road compatible again without anything on the car getting damaged. Also please try to answer all questions as effectively as possible with extensive detail and suggestions.

Thanks in advance. =)</span></span>

nitrageowner 06-20-2011 11:32 PM

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; "><span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; "><span style="font-size: x-large; ">Im confused, Dude please help I have a nitrage with a 2 speed recently installed and im not certain if I use my nitrage with the 2speed at a dirt track with jumps will my car or anything on it mess up in any way shape or form? I heard you have a 2speed please help! How does your nitrage get effected when you bash your nitrage off-road and on tracks with jumps and stuff similar too those conditions with the 2peed in it at the same time? And if the 2speed is going to mess up the nitrage off-road what do I need to do to make it off-road compatible again without anything on the car getting damaged. Also please try to answer all questions as effectively as possible with extensive detail and suggestions.

Thanks in advance. =)</span></span>
</span>

The Collector1 06-21-2011 06:23 AM

Hi and welcome, I have the 2 spd in mine but I only use it for street runs, its too hard on the diffs for offroad use especially the rear diff, the center diff takes alot of the force off the rear so it wont fail.

By changing it to the 2spd the cushioning from the center diff fluid is gone and it transfers to the rear, Ive also changed my diffs to aluminum but I have not seen anyone selling them in a long time.

If you bash or race offroad change run the regular diff or you can do what I did and buy another transmission and make one a 2spd that way you can just swap the trans instead of changing out the internals each time.

nitrageowner 06-21-2011 11:19 AM

<span style="font-size: x-large; ">I like your idea, do you know where I can just buy the whole stock gear box so I can swap them when I go off-road. =) THanks Again</span>

The Collector1 06-23-2011 09:52 AM

Heres one http://cgi.ebay.com/Transmission-Tam...#ht_1596wt_754

whiteshift 06-24-2011 07:55 PM

hi everyone. im new to this forum.. i want upgrade my nitrage with some aluminum arms, new shock, and many more aluminum parts also 3 shoe clutch. the problem is, im unable to find all these parts for nitrage 5.2. do you know witch brand or other models can fit for these parts?

secretsg 06-27-2011 11:53 AM

There are no aluminum arms available for the nitrage. All they would do is make your truck slower and break faster.

If you want better clutch/shocks look into some other 1/8th scale buggy/truggy dampers/clutch system. The werks pro/power clutch systems will also fit.

whiteshift 06-28-2011 07:06 PM

fine its nice, and for a spur gear 47T. HPI Spur gear should work?

secretsg 06-28-2011 09:43 PM

??? No other clutchbell/spur will fit. It's a truggy with a unique dog bone drive system from the clutchbell. The spur gear is internal and no options are offered from Tamiya. You can't change the gear ratio except thru manipulating tire size.

whiteshift 06-29-2011 03:05 PM

oh its sad. because i would like change plastic one for an metal one.

fishystevenz 07-20-2011 02:53 AM

Hi all,<div>
</div><div>New to the forum and wanted to find some info on shock options for the Nitrage. They seem pretty week! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.</div>

rcpowerhorse 07-20-2011 04:44 AM

Tamiya TNX5.2 springs and shocks are a direct fit

pmacpictures 07-24-2011 01:44 AM

Hello Nitrage fans,

I have just purchased one of these awesome machines.

I was just wondering what setup would be best for bashing around carparks and offroad bike tracks.

What weight oil should I be using in the shocks and what weight should I be using in the diffs. Also what would a reccomendation be to do before running this beast to prolong the life of the gearbox and diff.

Cheers,
Pat

Locker55 07-24-2011 05:48 AM

Hello Guys,

I am new to Nitrage 5.2 and I think I messed up the needle settings.
Can anyone please tell me the default needle setting or an already set one.

Thanks,
Marco

(Sorry if my english sounds funny)

whiteshift 07-25-2011 07:43 PM

Hi everyone. im unable to find replacement shock springs... can you help me? 21.5mm wide is hard to find... please help

tazamazoo 08-01-2011 03:38 PM

ok i have researched and researched about breaking in a new nitro motor,so does anyone have the simplest way to do it. will be my first time.i don't have a temp gauge either,i was told to put after run oil in carb and motor head just a couple of drops before starting is that true the hobby shop it wont hurt it would help it due to time on shelf, any ways can someone point me in the right direction?

whiteshift 08-03-2011 04:35 PM

A Lot of video on youtube are make you answer you. simply type break in nitro engine, you will able to see a lot of diferent method. a lot of diferent method exist to break in new engine.

Personally;

1. I Have run engine at idle for 2 tanks, please allow 10 minute after each tanks to allow you engine return to cold temp.
2 .2 tanks at 1/3 throttle
3. 2 tanks at half trottle
4. 2 tank (you can put gaz to full throttle but dont keep full throttle more than 2-5 sec per time)

5. Your engine is almost ready, you only need to lean it and tune for best performance. if you want a lot of help, i suggest you a temp gauge for watch the temp, personally i dont allow mine to go up to 250 Degree F

This is personally my method to break in. hope this help you