RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Ansmann Terrier (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/8125978-ansmann-terrier.html)

FahrtAutoRC 07-31-2012 11:44 AM

RE: Ansmann Terrier

You are right with saying that assumption is wrong, but, Foxy, the sales drop alone would kill it pretty good for the rest. Whether they are made here or not, America is one of the biggest markets out there. I am in no way downplaying anybody else's importance, but if this country disappeared, it would hurt everyone.

Foxy 07-31-2012 12:02 PM

I'd love to know what the split is of sales in Asia and Europe combined versus US is for all the major brands. I'd wager it would swing very heavily toward Europe and Asia. I think you are overstating the impact of the US on particularly the bigger Asian brands which are not even popular there now.

lez1troubles 07-31-2012 01:16 PM

Thanks Foxy, at last we agree on one thing.
As for the American Rc market, it is only large in the U.S.A. lol
I race every weekend and have hardly ever seen American made buggies out there but I do see Ansmann on the tracks (Belgium, France,Germany,Spain, Holland, Luxemburg)
ANSMANN ROCKS,
I was racing a Terrier 2 from a friend just for fun and had absolutelly NO PROBLEMS with it at all, and it has some real nice carbon hop ups on it.
The only place to buy or sell American produce is in the U.S.A because we have much better products else where. (FACT)
Now rant and rave as much as you like.

FahrtAutoRC 07-31-2012 04:53 PM

Honestly, I am not even going to reply to any of this. I've been on Moderated Status once before. I bite my tongue. Just guess how many fingers I am holding up.

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

Why is it that the Yanks feel so bloody important all the time every where doing every thing???
The only place to buy or sell American produce is in the U.S.A because we have much better products else where. (FACT)

nitrosteve22 07-31-2012 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

Not sure I agree with that but think what you like.

Foxy 07-31-2012 11:12 PM

I don't think this is getting us anywhere, it's just getting people's backs up on both sides. Locking this one down before more members say something they might regret (good control there Fahrt, well done :)).

To the OP, before I close this topic, the Terrier is a good starter truck, I promise. The fact that you can get local help is what makes it such a great choice as well as it not being a bad truck at all, it's decent. Good luck whatever you do, and feel free to make another thread if you like, I'll make sure it stays on track this time... ;)