RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   OFFICIAL 8ight-T 2.0 Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/8864074-official-8ight-t-2-0-thread.html)

supertib 09-13-2009 09:30 AM

RE: OFFICIAL 8ight-T 2.0 Thread

ORIGINAL: djzachtyler

ORIGINAL: supertib

We radared a bone stock Losi 2.0T and it hit 45 MPH....not bad for a RTR engine ! driving it is nice too, very smooth easy to drive power....
Nice, I dropped an after market carb from a LRP z .28 in my RTR before I sold it and had it up to around 60+MPH according to the cop that clocked it and asked me about it after. that thing was screaming... The RTR carb is a POS IMHO... but the engine itself is really a great mill...

Bummed I had to sell my baby tho.. I had just finished upgrading all the stock parts to the aluminum hop ups and TFT chassis... this economy is making me sick...

Oh well, I definately plan on buying another 2.0 next time around as soon as money is not so tight... it is definately one of the nicest handling trucks I have ever owned...

60 MPH ? what gearing ? i mean i find that hard to believe with a 454..... they really don't have alot of RPM to work with....

djzachtyler 09-13-2009 02:43 PM

stock spur, 14 t CB from the buggy... I thought it hard to believe too, but I'll take a cops word on what his radar clocked... I had it on the lean side as well.. still I was amazed nonetheless... I could def get it to 50 with all the stock setup, and cannnot beloieve a simpel carb swap made that much of a difference. The mill is pretty great carb questionable...

Unfortunately had to sell the rig due to tight times..I know a guy in texas who is in love with it by now tho :(

Wingwrecker 09-13-2009 03:28 PM

Maybe the carb is the prob with my Losi 350. The slide isn't very smooth and I spent the whole day at the track today trying to get it tuned or just stay running.

djzachtyler 09-15-2009 01:25 AM

I would hazard to say yeah replace the carb, or check your seals also, on the losi engines I have not only experienced having to replace o-rings, but heard many others having issue with the seals on the engines. If you don't mind dropping an extra 40 bucks tho, an LRP replacement carb will make a ton of difference.

supertib 09-15-2009 02:38 AM

stock spur, 14 t CB from the buggy... I thought it hard to believe too, but I'll take a cops word on what his radar clocked... I had it on the lean side as well.. still I was amazed nonetheless... I could def get it to 50 with all the stock setup, and cannnot beloieve a simpel carb swap made that much of a difference. The mill is pretty great carb questionable...

Unfortunately had to sell the rig due to tight times..I know a guy in texas who is in love with it by now tho :(

Dam dude if you got 60 from the 454 you would go 75MPH plus with one of the modified .21's or 28's LOL...... in all seriousness the 454 is decent, we got 45 MPH on radar ringing it out on stock gearing running 280 degrees, it doesn't have anything more to offer and since then has never repeated the 45, usually runs low 40's..my stage 1 modified Picco 28 in the same gearing runs 52 MPH, up one tooth hits 55 MPH ...my drag mod also hits 55, but does it much quicker...the mod motors hit 50 in about half the distance it takes the 454........

Wingwrecker 09-15-2009 05:08 AM

I would hazard to say yeah replace the carb, or check your seals also, on the losi engines I have not only experienced having to replace o-rings, but heard many others having issue with the seals on the engines. If you don't mind dropping an extra 40 bucks tho, an LRP replacement carb will make a ton of difference.
Could you link me to this exact carb please? I'd appreciate it.

djzachtyler 09-15-2009 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: supertib

stock spur, 14 t CB from the buggy... I thought it hard to believe too, but I'll take a cops word on what his radar clocked... I had it on the lean side as well.. still I was amazed nonetheless... I could def get it to 50 with all the stock setup, and cannnot believe a simple carb swap made that much of a difference. The mill is pretty great carb questionable...

Dam dude if you got 60 from the 454 you would go 75MPH plus with one of the modified .21's or 28's LOL...... in all seriousness the 454 is decent, we got 45 MPH on radar ringing it out on stock gearing running 280 degrees, it doesn't have anything more to offer and since then has never repeated the 45, usually runs low 40's..my stage 1 modified Picco 28 in the same gearing runs 52 MPH, up one tooth hits 55 MPH ...my drag mod also hits 55, but does it much quicker...the mod motors hit 50 in about half the distance it takes the 454........
I agree it was quite amazing to me also... I never would have though a simple carb replacement and bumping up the CB 1 tooth would make such a drastic difference. I was sooo looking forward to seeing what I could have pulled off after dropping my modded v-spec & dyno 053 pipe into it, but just had to sell it all off :( the guy who bought my 2.0 and the vspec, just sent me an email raving about how awesomr my former 2.0 is, and how he chewed his buddy who had a stock 2.0 RTR setup a new one at the track...

Really bums me I never got to race it myself, sounds like I built a real good truggy out of the RTR, I have asked the guy to keep in touch and let me know how he does competitvely in the future...

I'll post the pics of the final build of it when it sold later. I still have them all so you guys can see how it came out bbefore I sold it...

clamber 09-22-2009 12:10 AM

Ive never had a nitro before so this T will be my first. Anything I should know about nitro in general or about this truck?

Here's everything Im getting with it:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ntitled-18.jpg

Any comments?

Wingwrecker 09-22-2009 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: clamber

Ive never had a nitro before so this T will be my first. Anything I should know about nitro in general or about this truck?

Here's everything Im getting with it:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ntitled-18.jpg

Any comments?
To start with you will want two sets of tires as they come in pairs. Many are running Ibeams in the back and AKA Cityblocks in the front. You will not be needing the tire glue with the pre-mounts you are ordering but I guess it doesnt hurt.

WALL22 10-08-2009 07:12 PM

HAVE WE RUN OUT OF THINGS TO TALK ABOUT??????

Mborso1029 10-12-2009 07:39 PM

I have one for sale if anyone is interested....its brand new had 3 tanks ran through and that was all, there is nothing wrong with it at all. comes with a bunch of extras. dynamite phophet plus charger, 2 trinity stick packs for starter box, new starter wheel and shock ends in bags, new glow plug starter with charger, 1 extra sr3300t receiver, 1 sr300 reciever. all in orginal packaging. let me know

[email protected]

MuggyDude 10-18-2009 08:52 PM

It was a nice 84 degrees out today, and I got my first chance to go run my 2.0 at our track after it was broken in. I've got to say, this is one heck of a truck. I noticed that it really likes to be pushed hard, the harder i pushed, the better I got. This is my first real time racing a proper truggy on a track, and it was so much better in every aspect than my Muggy. My OS VSpec .21 ran at 230 the whole day, and kept its tune the whole time. The more I drove I started getting more and more confident to take our big triple and I was able to start consistently hit it by the end. Despite quite a few tumbles, cartwheels, and missed landings the truck kept on coming back for more! It just wouldn't break! This is a really durable truck. Because it is the end of our race season, our track was pretty blown out, but it didn't faze the truggy whatsoever. there were 2 other guys with 8t 2.0s and it was a blast to race each other and really push each other's trucks hard. Sometime during the middle a guy had his 1/10 Slash right near the downside of our big tabletop and I just skied it and landed full on top of the guy. He popped both of his rear shock caps and I felt really bad. He was fine and said it was no big deal. My only regret is that the racing season is over and winter's just around the corner here. Next year I'll be ready.

djzachtyler 10-20-2009 03:47 PM

Yep, this truggy is hard to top... Cannot wait until work picks back up so I can pick up another one somewhere down the line... after selling mine and racing my Hyper 7 it is like going from racing a ferrari to racing a VW.... that much of a difference LOL!!!

Clamber it looks like you are getting the RTR???

I would suggest instead og getting another losi wing grab a HiMoto High Downforce wing so you have one. it helps the T sail ALOT better in the air that it already does (yes it is possible)

Alos would say do not get the composite shoes... bbest to stick with the aluminum shoes and gmake sure you have 2 sets of the blue aluminum and 2 of the silver aluminum Losi shoes. Also make sure you get yourself a spare set of the clutch pins and hardware... and order yourself some spare scock ends, as they tend to come overtightened from the factory on the RTR and WILL strip out. Alos get the sets of Clutch springs, I got my best grab using 2 silver & 2 blue shoes with gold springs on the blue shoes and black springs on the silver ones... Also get a 14t CB for higher speed tracks... As soon as you can afford to, go on fleabay and check out rcbonezz he sells the TFT chassis and machined parts from the RTR kits really cheap, I scored an rtr chassis for 68 bucks shipped... he won't do a buy it now, but he auctions 11 a week, and believe me after you swap to the TFT chassis the handling is like a dream...

That is all I vcan think of for now... PM anytime if you have any other questions...

Wingwrecker 10-20-2009 09:03 PM

I'll probably get warned for this, but check out http://www.rctech.net/forum/ for a very active site that is specific to RC cars/trucks. Theres TONS of info and people there running Losi 8's and 8T's. Not to mention it's where the Pros post.

MuggyDude 10-21-2009 02:14 PM

I spend a lot of time over there, good site with a lot of knowledgable guys and great info. Also check out lstforums.com

INTEGRA 10-21-2009 05:42 PM

330+ pages on the Tech Vs 9 pages here......you know where its at. ;)

INTEGRA 10-22-2009 08:55 AM

:eek: TOo funny.

Wingwrecker 10-22-2009 03:19 PM

You too, huh? I would say there not much competition when it comes to car/truck information...

MuggyDude 10-23-2009 08:21 PM

:eek::eek::eek:

INTEGRA 10-23-2009 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: MuggyDude

:eek::eek::eek:

you get in trouble too. [X(]

hobbyADD 03-14-2010 12:18 PM

Wow, there is so much good information in this thread! Unfortuneately, I can only decode about half of it. Hello, I am a 32 y/o carpenter who just ordered my first r/c truggy. I went with the RTR for obvious reasons (no equipment at all). But after reading this entire thread, I am left with one question. Where in the world canI get the basic information? You know, "R/C for Dummies".I mean like greasing the carb so it will slide smoother... what type ofgrease and how much? Proper break in procedure, setup techniques...etc. I turn all my own wrences on my own real cars, soI have some aptitude, butI am completely green in this whole thing, and it looks like a made a pretty good choice on my purchase, but I am still in the dark about everything else. with my 2.0 I also bought the losi glow ignitor, but I'm still not sure about the stick packs for the starter box or the charger (which ones to buy) or the adapter for the rx pack. So if someone could just tell me where you send all of the new kids, I would be very grateful.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/drowning.gif

P.S. I really don't want to screw this thing up right out of the gate.

INTEGRA 03-14-2010 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: hobbyADD

Wow, there is so much good information in this thread! Unfortuneately, I can only decode about half of it. Hello, I am a 32 y/o carpenter who just ordered my first r/c truggy. I went with the RTR for obvious reasons (no equipment at all). But after reading this entire thread, I am left with one question. Where in the world can I get the basic information? You know, ''R/C for Dummies''. I mean like greasing the carb so it will slide smoother... what type of grease and how much? Proper break in procedure, setup techniques...etc. I turn all my own wrences on my own real cars, so I have some aptitude, but I am completely green in this whole thing, and it looks like a made a pretty good choice on my purchase, but I am still in the dark about everything else. with my 2.0 I also bought the losi glow ignitor, but I'm still not sure about the stick packs for the starter box or the charger (which ones to buy) or the adapter for the rx pack. So if someone could just tell me where you send all of the new kids, I would be very grateful.[img][/img]

P.S. I really don't want to screw this thing up right out of the gate.

go here...the mods let alot more slide over here and they dont delete Vital posts to the thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...-8t-2-0-a.html

YES its a long thread....but take multiple evening's and have a read....its WELL worth it.....the very beginning isn't really important as its all speculation before the truck was even released.

srt10 03-16-2010 01:05 AM

I have a question for you 2.0 lovers..
Will the 2.0 body fit on the first gen truggy like I have?
Thanks!

K_B 03-16-2010 02:22 AM

It's not a direct fit because the 1.0 is significantly shorter. You'd have to relocate the rear body posts further down the shock tower and chop off the end of the body a bit and re-drill the post holes...

srt10 03-16-2010 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: K_B

It's not a direct fit because the 1.0 is significantly shorter. You'd have to relocate the rear body posts further down the shock tower and chop off the end of the body a bit and re-drill the post holes...
ok, thanks man..
I will look for a proline body or something then.. ;)