Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP T-28C

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 10:25 AM
cloud_master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP T-28C

Ive got some problems that i've found on my cowl/fueslage that I am working with Kondor on.  Hopefully they pull through and make this right.  The scoops on the cowl are not orientated correctly.  I have one scoop at a 7 o clock position, the other at a 4 o clock position.  Also, the snout on the top of the cowl is offset to the left when looking at it from the front.  The cowl matches up with the snout on the top of the fueslage, so I believe the fueslage is off as well.  Even the black top is painted off to the left.  I'll post up a picture tonight, but i'm curious if anyone else has noticed a problem with theres as well?  Not to mention I have spider cracking in the bottom of the fueslage near the speed flap, and am still waiting for an elevator half since I got two of the same...........   I'm bummin man...........
Old 10-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Magnum RC

ORIGINAL: cloud_master

Ive got some problems that i've found on my cowl/fueslage that I am working with Kondor on. Hopefully they pull through and make this right. The scoops on the cowl are not orientated correctly. I have one scoop at a 7 o clock position, the other at a 4 o clock position. Also, the snout on the top of the cowl is offset to the left when looking at it from the front. The cowl matches up with the snout on the top of the fueslage, so I believe the fueslage is off as well. Even the black top is painted off to the left. I'll post up a picture tonight, but i'm curious if anyone else has noticed a problem with theres as well? Not to mention I have spider cracking in the bottom of the fueslage near the speed flap, and am still waiting for an elevator half since I got two of the same........... I'm bummin man...........
Is this one of the newer versions with the fuselage and wingroot built in as one or the first run that has a wing saddle and a one piece wing?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:29 AM
cloud_master

It's the new version, just had it delivered straight from KMP last month when they were released.  Like I said, still waiting for the other elevator half, and the correct instruction manual as well.  Havn't even started it yet, some stuff is still in bags..............
Old 10-22-2011, 04:24 AM
Daniel-EL
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the new version, just had it delivered straight from KMP last month when they were released. Like I said, still waiting for the other elevator half, and the correct instruction manual as well. Havn't even started it yet, some stuff is still in bags..............
I understand you have two right stabilizer/elevator halves. As it turns out, I just got my plane delivered and it has two LEFT stabilizer/elevator halves. I'll send you one of my lefts if you send me one of your rights.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Daniel-EL

Here's a shot of my two left stab/elevator halves. Looks like the end rib was marked "9" on one and underscore "9" on the other, but they are identical. The manufacturer forgot to turn the rib over when stamping with the other mark.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38606.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1677420  
Old 10-22-2011, 05:55 AM
panhndl
My Feedback: (10)

You two don't mind if I have a chuckle at you two's expense, do ya? 

Who ever said internet forums weren't brilliant?

Old 10-22-2011, 12:59 PM
TangoPapa
My Feedback: (1)

I figured out the wing tube was too short when the wing departed in flight.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Daniel-EL

ORIGINAL: TangoPapa

I figured out the wing tube was too short when the wing departed in flight. I am 0 for 2 with this plane and not happy. There is a big problem with this plane so be careful and check yours before you fly.
Good grief! My main wing tube is 29 inches long. What length should it be?
Old 10-22-2011, 03:16 PM
cloud_master

Are you saying the wing tubes in the wing are too short, or the actual aluminum tube is too short??

I figured out the wing tube was too short when the wing departed in flight. I am 0 for 2 with this plane and not happy. There is a big problem with this plane so be careful and check yours before you fly.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:04 PM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Boy oh Boy..
I am so glad I waited a bit to order one of these "new and improved" KMP T-28s.
I was really wanting to make one my winter project. Looks like all the bugs haven't been worked out yet...

Old 10-22-2011, 05:07 PM
TangoPapa

The aluminum tube is too short. If you look at the first picture real close you can see the edge of the aluminum tube stopping about 1/2" before the end of the fiberglass sleve which terminates at rib #3. there is absolutly no load carring ability at all. the wing folded under light G loading in a normal bank turn.

Name:	Jh16796.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	1677598   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76821.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	1677599  
Old 10-22-2011, 05:10 PM
TangoPapa

This was a "new and improved" version.
ORIGINAL: pacoflyer

Boy oh Boy..
I was really wanting to make one my winter project. Looks like all the bugs haven't been worked out yet...

Old 10-22-2011, 05:18 PM
cloud_master

Has Andrew been brought into the loop on this yet?

He is going to be looking at my not so great fueslage monday, is everyone elses cowl and nose correct? Or off as well? I'm looking to get a new fueslage and cowl.

This was a "new and improved" version, so I thought.

Boy oh Boy..

Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 PM
TangoPapa

I have, and he and I will be settling this issue this coming week.

Has Andrew been brought into the loop on this yet?

He is going to be looking at my not so great fueslage monday, is everyone elses cowl and nose correct? Or off as well? I'm looking to get a new fueslage and cowl.

This was a "new and improved" version, so I thought.

Boy oh Boy..

Old 10-22-2011, 05:28 PM
cloud_master

Did you ever look at the front of yours and check to see if the scoops and hump were all straight and orientated correctly?

Please keep us in the loop on what you find out with Kondor, hopefully not everyone that bought one of these is going to have the same fate.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:39 PM
TangoPapa

The quality of the fus and cowl was fine. The fit and finish was right on par. I had great hopes for this plane and was very surprised when it crashed. I just wished the wing tube had been long enough, I would still have my plane today. It flew nice just not very long.

Did you ever look at the front of yours and check to see if the scoops and hump were all straight and orientated correctly?

Please keep us in the loop on what you find out with Kondor, hopefully not everyone that bought one of these is going to have the same fate.

Name:	Xu62610.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1677616  
Old 10-22-2011, 05:47 PM
cloud_master

So in your opinion, how much longer does the tube need to be for safe flight?

The quality of the fus and cowl was fine. The fit and finish was right on par. I had great hopes for this plane and was very surprised when it crashed. I just wished the wing tube had been long enough, I would still have my plane today. It flew nice just not very long.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:49 PM
TangoPapa

I will let Andrew make that call. It is his design.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:23 AM
airboss45

TangoPapa, really sorry you lost yet another T-28c Trojan. hope it all works out real good for you on a new one. as for me, i have the ellow Trojan from *** company and it's a one piece wing. when i get to fly it next spring, hope that the wing tube is right. what was your engine in the second one? don
Old 10-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Daniel-EL

My Cowl is perfect, all scoops and outlets are in proper alignment. The fuselage is also a thing of beauty. I have no quarrel with the fit and finish as TangoPapa says.

I will also be getting in touch with Andrew this coming week, hoping to get my horizontal stab issues resolved. Hope he's not inundated with irate callers.[:@] I'm also going to fool around with that main wing spar tube and figure out how long it should be. If necessary, I'll get another one from [link=http://www.tntlandinggear.com/]TNT[/link].
Old 10-23-2011, 06:29 PM
TangoPapa

I was using a DLE 55. more than enough power.
ORIGINAL: airboss45

TangoPapa, really sorry you lost yet another T-28c Trojan. hope it all works out real good for you on a new one. as for me, i have the ellow Trojan from *** company and it's a one piece wing. when i get to fly it next spring, hope that the wing tube is right. what was your engine in the second one? don
Old 10-24-2011, 07:27 AM
panhndl

I have good and bad news.

The good:

Andrew sent me an email that said, "Please find the new electronic manual attached."

The bad:

There was nothing attached.

So maybe there is a manual, now.  Maybe not and Andrew has an odd sense of humor.  Either way, it's loads of fun.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:01 AM
cloud_master

I just talked to him face to face.  There is a new manual, he'll send it. 

Also, he took my fueslage, sounds like I will get a different one including cowl.  It will be a couple of weeks out, but at least he is making it right for me. 

I think the wing tube issue is to be continued yet.......

-Ryan
Old 10-26-2011, 07:59 AM
panhndl

FYI-  The new manual is now up at the KMP website for the T-28C
Old 10-26-2011, 10:02 AM
SAM-RCU

The instructions on the web site are for the first generation T-28 when I just looked. Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.