Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Robinaire Retracts - Anybody else waiting for his?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Robinaire Retracts - Anybody else waiting for his?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 03:01 PM
kram
My Feedback: (7)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Robinaire Retracts - Anybody else waiting for his?

Oh my Gosh!

This is still going on??

Please note the date at the top of my post below: 1/6/2007!!

You poor guys! I threw about $900 down that hole 6 years ago. I did finally receive sets of gear for two planes: a Z-61 and .60 Corsair, but found them much inferior to other options on the market: never installed them.

Seeing this 6 years later gives me a gut ache. It's like watching a car wreck in slow motion: I feel bad for both sides!

RE: Robinaire 60 Size Rotating Retracts - 1/6/2007 8:01 PM

Dear Lee (with Respect and Concern):

I GIVE UP !!

We have all been waiting a long time (see time line below) for the promise of high-quality rotator gear from you.

I don't think it's coming.

While the long string of personal humor and anecdotes and personal insights has been entertaining, educational, occasionally sad, this whole venture has the timing and the rhythm of a con-job.The simple fact of the matter is that you have had our money for more than a year, and you have not delivered on the goods.

I have a beautiful Corsair that lacks only the gear to fly for almost two years, and it will not sit out another season. I will order from Darrell @ Sierra, who has a reputation for strong, pretty gear, and although he has a reputation for slow delivery, he has never taken more than 8 months for me and he has never asked for payment until after delivery.

The way I see it, your only chance at redemption is prompt delivery of good gear.

You can keep my $300 for whatever personal or business needs you have. I will chalk it up to (as I said) entertainment, education and sadness.

I'm Sorry,

Mark Taylor

Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Robinaire
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Thomas et al. Tom, you hit the nail on the head! I do not do production work, but custom stuff, nd have been doing it for about 38 years! About 5 years ago, just as a group talked me into designing and building a small rotator, the wheels started to come off. I built custom stuff for many Top Gun and Scale Masters guys for many years and had a very good reputation. You can't imasgine how all this feels to me! I hate these problems more than anyone! Now I'm fighting machine problems and a torn right rotator cuff which essentially means that I'm working as a one-armed man. The doc still has not decided if I need surgery or notI'm STILL making some progress in spite of it all. I noted that a gentleman complained about a D520 gear I did some years back. He NEVER told me anything about his problems, as I would have addressed them promptly. I built the gear to the drawings I received, and they worked perfectly for me. I will do my damndest to get out the few I have left to do, and hopefully get to some accessory items that I have wanted to do for some time. Just a few of the people I have done work for include Dave Platt, Corvin Miller (Top Gun winning Swift), Charlie Chambers, Frank Tiano, Brian OMeara, Jeff Foley, Dan Santich and others my ancient noggin can't recall at the moment. I will continue to do the best I can, and over the years, I have ALWAYS been accessible, never had an unlisted phone number and never " disappeared into the woodwork". Lee Robinson
Old 10-07-2012, 06:04 PM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Robinaire

I noted that a gentleman complained about a D520 gear I did some years back. He NEVER told me anything about his problems, as I would have addressed them promptly. I built the gear to the drawings I received, and they worked perfectly for me.
Yawn I see more excuses, warranted or not, does not matter. Hope it all works out well for you if this is the case.

As for the D.520 gear, are you serious...those gear were not even close to the drawings Lee [:'(], and the workmanship was beyond rough. I was not interested in working with you to fix them. I was better off salvaging them myself. This is all water under the bridge to me, and I am not interested in re-hashing. But, again, please....

My last word on the subject

Jeff
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 AM
TXAG96
My Feedback: (1)

To anyone still waiting for gear, I suggest you bite the bullet and order from someone else. I too bought from Lee. I got a set of rotators for a Bates Hellcat. I did finally get them but as F4u5 described, the workmanship was beyond rough. The mechanics would not lock the axle in position either, even after sending back to Lee for repairs the day after I finally received them. In my opinion, if the wait isn't enough pain the finished product will be.

I encourage Lee to be honest with his customers and himself. His product is just not up to snuff anymore and the wait times are truly insane. I just can't believe Lee is truly proud of what he is shipping out these days.

Lee, You told me you were looking forward to getting back to your rc planes some day. I encourage you to enjoy that side of the hobby again. It has to be better than dealing with upset customers.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:56 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lee Robinson ,
all I can say at this point is that I hope you enjoyed the FREE $425.00 that I paid you for landing gears that were never built some two +or so years ago. I would have never thought in a million years that you were this way but here we are.
Excuses after excuses means nothing and a man's word must not mean much either to you.
I know that you have no plans whatsoever of repayment to me ,or either to the gentleman (loopino/ aka Lars ) from overseas who replied recently who had also paid you for gear that you never made or sent him after 3 or 4 years.Who are you trying to kid or fool here?
Whats the old saying....? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME.
Have a nice life!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:04 AM
alanc

i cannot believe this chap is re-hashing the same excuses, you need to return the moneys to these guys, i, for the life in me, cannot understand why they have not all got together, and sued the ASS off you, for suing is what you need, PLEASE, lets not see any morelong winded please feel sorry for me posts from youon here, yourname is tarnished, solve this by monetary refunds, not more pitifull words
Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 AM
LA7flier

Always be wary of someone wanting full payment upfront for something being built.....best to head for Sierra Giant Scale. Darrell has never disappointed and his gear is absolutely stunning.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Duplicator41

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gents:

For those of you who have lost money, contact the postal inspector and report this as mail fraud if you sent a check through the mail. Action will be taken. You might also contact the local district attorney and be on record with them. Enough reports and they will act also.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 PM
invertmast

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: LA7flier

Always be wary of someone wanting full payment upfront for something being built.....best to head for Sierra Giant Scale. Darrell has never disappointed and his gear is absolutely stunning.

Dont say never, i am very dissappointed in the lack of resolution in the problems i have had with my FW-190 gear from darrell (sierra). 3 years later, he has still never answered my question in why i had to notch nearly HALF of the main gear strut in order for it to retract completely.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Robinaire

I'm a bit late on this, but, try that on Robart, Sierra, or ANY supplier out there and see how far you get!!! Lee Robinson
Old 04-27-2013, 12:16 PM
TampaRC

JUST GIVE THEM THEIR MONEY BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:21 PM
alanc

put simply mate, your a crook, there is no other word for it, do the honarable thing, go back in this thread, and deal with the issues, i cannot believe that you are even allowed to post on here, youve stolen money, and in the rare cases you have built gear, its seems to be not well recieved, folk like you really do not have any place in the model world,
ORIGINAL: Robinaire and your not a bit late, your a LOT late!!!!!!!!!!! inexcusable

I'm a bit late on this, but, try that on Robart, Sierra, or ANY supplier out there and see how far you get!!! Lee Robinson
Old 04-27-2013, 07:37 PM
JohnMcGowan

ORIGINAL: Robinaire

Actually Lee,you'remorethan what you call "abit late". I DIDTRYTHAT and low and behold, I got a set of 1/6 scale F6F landing gear from Sierra after being taken by you for $425 bucks with NOGEAR made by you!!
And you know what, I didnt have to pay anything up front for them either. Once they were made, I paid Sierra. Go figure.
All I can say is that you are in serious denial about taking money for product and not delivering anything but excuses afterward.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:34 AM
alanc

Its a shame that in the USA, so much distance is involved, over her, we can drive less than 300 miles to anyones house from where i am, only twice have i been ripped off in the UK, and both times, a (AHEM) knock on the door solved the problem,you dont seem to have anymorals, these guys are fellow MODELORS, often on a tight budget, do the decent thing, i couldnt sleep at night if i had done what you have done,
Old 04-28-2013, 12:48 AM
alanc

after spending a few minutes reading robinaires previous posts, i have come to the conclusion that you have all contributed to his medical bills, and he has taken on too much work to ever be able to clear the backlog of orders, i have also found he is now 87 years old, so gentlemen, say goodbye to your hard earned moneys, right it off, and do a LOT more homework before you part with moneys, a contract to build anything should be a deposit, and the balance on completion,

we have a new retract company over in the UK, kingfisher, they are solid, and dependable, if anyone wants details, PM me, and i will sort it out for you, i will also make myself available to chase orders up for you, andkeep you in the loop, iwont getany payment for this, it will be done as a favourto fellow modellors
Old 04-28-2013, 05:39 PM
kram
My Feedback: (7)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Again, please review a thread that started almost 10 years ago:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_21..._1/key_/tm.htm

Amazing that he can continue to collect people's money for that long in this age of modern electronic communication

No fancy new tricks, really, just asking for pre-payment and not delivering.

mt
Old 05-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Someone should tally up just how much money has been taken from people, bet that would be a shocker. I was taught to respect my elders growing up, but sometimes just because someone is an old timer doesn't make them a good person. Maybe 87 is just too old to be running a business and a lathe?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:08 PM
JohnMcGowan

Ok, I'll bite first....
$425.00

NEXT......!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:21 PM
loopino

$580.00 (October 2006)

As time goes by...
Old 05-06-2013, 08:01 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

O.K the horse is dead and rotting you can stop beating it. At 87 and with all the problems he has he is just to prideful to throw in the towel and you might as well count it up as a loss. You could file a lien against his estate if you act fast enough.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:10 AM
JohnMcGowan

You cant get blood or turnips from abeaten rotting dead horse.
Yes, I know we will NEVER EVER see our money again and have chalked it up to him being a deadbeat who cannot tell the truth .
I still have the emails froma few years agowhere he states he will start to repay me the following month and wanted to know if I wanted to be paid by check or paypal. Nothing was ever sent to me for payment , imagine that.