Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Warbird Colors paint "cross link" ?

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Warbird Colors paint "cross link" ?

Old 11-10-2010, 12:17 PM
dbcooper14
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warbird Colors paint "cross link" ?

I bought some Warbird Colors paint and am starting to paint. I bought (3) 1/2 pints and one 1/4 pint of paint and what looks like 1oz of cross link for fuel proofing that came with the paint. I mixed 4oz of paint with 32 drops (8 drops/oz from directions) of cross link. The 32 drops of cross link used half the bottle. Am I doing this wrong? I sure don't have enough for the rest of the paint at this rate. I emailed Warbird Colors last week and have heard nothing.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:02 PM
yak54

Default RE: Warbird Colors paint

Hi,
I used this paint on my Meister P47 and had no problems with running out of cross link. You could mail fighteraces and see what they say?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:16 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

A quote from answers dot com. It depends on the fluid and its viscosity. The number ranges from 500 - 600 for water but there is a wide range of numbers possible:.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Brad330l
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: dbcooper14

I bought some Warbird Colors paint and am starting to paint. I bought (3) 1/2 pints and one 1/4 pint of paint and what looks like 1oz of cross link for fuel proofing that came with the paint. I mixed 4oz of paint with 32 drops (8 drops/oz from directions) of cross link. The 32 drops of cross link used half the bottle. Am I doing this wrong? I sure don't have enough for the rest of the paint at this rate. I emailed Warbird Colors last week and have heard nothing.
When I got my Warbird Colours off Barry in Australia, enough to do my Spitfire I got about ten tiny bottles and six larger bottles of the cross link. You are measuring right as per instructions, you just didnt receive enough from your supplier. If you are really stuck for some I can send you a couple of bottles.

Cheers,

Brad
Old 11-10-2010, 09:08 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am surprised Chuck usually sends plenty of X linker for the amount of paint one of the small bottles of linker should do a quart of paint easily.

when I cut the top off the bottle I use a small pin in the top so there is a really small hole in the dropper.

one thing I found is if you over catalyze the paint it can do some funky stuff kind of orange peel texture and is hard to spray, kind of gums up with a little less it flows better through my spray gun,
Old 11-11-2010, 01:22 AM
warbirdcolors
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: dbcooper14

MY BAD! Your email scrolled off-screen due to volume and lost in the cloud. I will get more x-linker ASAP. I try to send a measured amount, based on experience, but I think some of the droppers produce bigger drops, than my original measurements... Sorry for the time delay...I'm glad you made this posting so the issue can be resolved...

Chuck
Old 11-11-2010, 11:14 AM
dbcooper14
My Feedback: (8)

Chuck-

Thanks, I appreciate that. Did you get my email to the Warbird address?

Mike