Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli AT-6 and 3w-60 mating problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli AT-6 and 3w-60 mating problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 11:03 AM
FireBee
My Feedback: (34)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ziroli AT-6 and 3w-60 mating problem

Gents, have ran into problem of 3w-60 rear carb going into Ziroli AT-6. Engine mounts at firewall location but with rear carb, it sticks a good 2-3 inches into tank/ battery area.

To Solve: Can I make the side air intake "working" to bring air in for carb? Will ram air pressure inside fuse affect anything aft? Is this enough air comming in as I can make lower intake work also.

I may put in a false bulkhead to keep air contained just behind firewall and not into electronics compartment.

Any suggestions appreciated . . .

except get a G-62 not an option. Unless you want to trade for one.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:18 PM
MarkShapiro
My Feedback: (52)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear Carb

Good questions. I am using a rear carb 3W-70 on my Y/A Spitfire. I am going to use ram air from the center air scoop into the engine compartment. My compartment contains the batteries for the ignition and receiver and ignition module. It also contains a mini servo to actuate the choke. The exhast stacks on both sides of the engine compartment theoretically will also allow warm/excess air to escape out. My theory is that air will be rammed in and a vacuum effect will pull the air out of the exhaust stacks. I think it will work. I'm sure you can use a similar set up on your Texan. I wouldn't be too concerned about the effect the ram air may have on your electronics inside the fuse. Provisions should be made, however, to fuel proof the inside fuse area around the carb since excess fuel, especially when choking the engine, is certain to drip out of the carb. Good luck, Mark.