Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Global ARF P-47 Thunderbolt Razorback .46

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Global ARF P-47 Thunderbolt Razorback .46

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 04:07 PM
Dealspeed
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Global ARF P-47 Thunderbolt Razorback .46

I'm just wondering if anybody has flown or owned one of these birds, it is a bit old, maybe 15 years I think.
I have one brand new in the box, I'm looking to build it soon and I'm wondering about what motor to run, this will be my first war bird, I mostly fly 3D, and I normally over power my models, my first thought is to throw a 75AX on the nose or a Saito 100.
will it be able to handle the extra weight and power? Or will I make it a lawn dart?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0192.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	2191249  
Old 01-25-2017, 01:54 PM
jmdauge

Dealspeed;

I've got one of these I picked up last weekend at a swap meet with a K&B .61 on it, started but never finished. Only thing I've been able to find so far is this thread from 2002: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-...underbolt.html

FWIW, if you've got the assembly manual for yours, I'd greatly appreciate a copy of it; either scanned and e-mailed as a *.pdf file, or copied and snail-mailed. Snail-mail, I'd be glad to reimburse the copy and postage cost. There's no longer a copy available on what's left of Global's website, if there ever was one there. Lemme know...

BTW, I'd double-check the alignment on the elevators. I dunno if they come already hinged to the stab in the kit or not, but mine had them already hinged, and the trailing edge alignment would've had it spinning to the right immediately on takeoff. Since I'm planning on making new fin, rudder, stab and elevators with more accurate outlines, not a big deal for me, but... Also jugglin' the thought of adding flaps, just for shiggles an' gits, but I'll prolly wait to do that after it's flown a few times, if I do it at all. I've already pulled the .61 out, and planning on a well broken in OS .70 4-stroke for power. There's a so-so video on You-Tube of one with a TT .75 4-stroke here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsutWb7ovsc

Hope that helps, and again, let me know on the manual!

Jim

Last edited by jmdauge; 01-25-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:30 AM
Dealspeed

Thanks for the reply and what info you gave, I appreciate it.
i plan on spending some time in my building shed this weekend so I'll take a look for the instructions while I'm out there.

Last edited by Dealspeed; 01-27-2017 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:20 AM
Sonofasailor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dealspeed
i plan on spending some time in my building shed this weekend so I take a look for the instructions while I'm out there.
I had one of these years ago, great flying plane ,very forgiving ,almost to the point of being an advanced warbird trainer.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:00 AM
jmdauge

i plan on spending some time in my building shed this weekend so I'll take a look for the instructions while I'm out there.
Thanks; much appreciated.

Jim
Old 01-27-2017, 10:52 AM
Dealspeed

No problem, I honestly don't know if the directions are there, the box is in pretty rough shape and has been opened many times before.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:05 PM
jmdauge

No problem, I honestly don't know if the directions are there, the box is in pretty rough shape and has been opened many times before.
Not a big problem. The .61 already being mounted gives me the firewall-to-prop-hub distance, and the throws and CG info in the link I gave you pretty much gives me everything needed to get it flying. I just like to have a manual handy for anything I've got, for reference if nothing else.

Jim
Old 02-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Buddy,
I flew this bird for a year or more before I lost it. I had a K&B .65 Sportster installed and it was a very stable and easy flying model. Nice glide and easy to land too. I have the build manual if you need it, just let me know.
Soft Landings Aways,
Bobby of Maui
Old 02-05-2017, 09:33 PM
jmdauge

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
Hay Buddy,
I flew this bird for a year or more before I lost it. I had a K&B .65 Sportster installed and it was a very stable and easy flying model. Nice glide and easy to land too. I have the build manual if you need it, just let me know.
Soft Landings Aways,
Bobby of Maui
Bobby, I do need it; I'll send you a PM. Thanks, very much appreciated!

Jim
Old 02-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Dear Jim,
I have some good news and some not so good news. Yes I have the manual...but I am not at home but in Asia and I will be here until the end of the month. If your patient...I will send you a copy of the manual. Send my your address and contact phone number and I will keep you posted.
Bob Paris
Old 02-05-2017, 11:22 PM
jmdauge

Thanks, Bob; PM sent.

Jim