Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

what servos to use on a ziroli size stuka

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

what servos to use on a ziroli size stuka

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:22 PM
tunakuts3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what servos to use on a ziroli size stuka

What type ,brand,torque rating,etc. should I be looking at for a 100 " span Ziroli size Stuka? HS-645mg Ultra Torque is one that has been recomended. Any thoughts,or comments will be appreciated.
Thanks, Paul.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:32 PM
roydefiant

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: what servos to use on a ziroli size stuka

that is what I use on many airplanes. I also use the digital version of that servo on flaps so I get more strength and can program throws
Old 12-16-2010, 06:37 AM
STUKA BARRY

On my 15 year old Stuka, been flown from Maine to Florida and everywhere in between, anyway, the rudder has a Futaba S134 giant scale servo, the rest are S148's. Yes, thats right, standard sevos. You DO NOT have to go crazy with high torque, high price tag servos on the Ziroli Stuka. It rolls, loops, inverted flight, knife edge flight (if thats what you want to call it) and dives from 1500ft straight down siren screamin and pulls out. Sorry, I dont have a bomb drop, maybe one of these years. Anyway, flaps, divebrakes, siren brake, all standard. Save all your money for the servos in your Extra 540....
Old 12-16-2010, 06:46 AM
YZ

I too flew a Ziroli Stuka for 15+ years with the exact same servos as Stuka Berry.  A big one for the ruder and S148's for everything else.  
I would get it almost out of sight in altitude and point it straight down on a bomb run, and never had any issues.     
Old 12-16-2010, 12:27 PM
tunakuts3d

I have some airtronics 94102z standard servos ,would you think these are equivalent to the futaba s148?They seem to be rated abot the same torque wise.Anybody have any experience good or bad with these?
Paul
Old 12-17-2010, 03:50 PM
harley6133

Been flying mine for over 10 years with Hi-Tech 645's, more than enough power.
Hey, Barry were you able to find the spare siren for the Stuka to see if i can reproduce one.
Signed up for Delaware yet? and we will be changing the name of Warbirds over the Beach. To much confusion with the full scale event.
Jim[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 12-17-2010, 07:28 PM
STUKA BARRY

ORIGINAL: harley6133

Been flying mine for over 10 years with Hi-Tech 645's, more than enough power.
Hey, Barry were you able to find the spare siren for the Stuka to see if i can reproduce one.
Signed up for Delaware yet? and we will be changing the name of Warbirds over the Beach. To much confusion with the full scale event.
Jim[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Hey Jim PM me your address and I'll send the siren to you. The machinest in Ohio said it would'nt be worth his time. How about Stuka's Over the Beach for the new name? LOL
Old 12-18-2010, 01:20 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tunakuts3d

What type ,brand,torque rating,etc. should I be looking at for a 100 '' span Ziroli size Stuka? HS-645mg Ultra Torque is one that has been recomended. Any thoughts,or comments will be appreciated.
Thanks, Paul.
Paul,

Thats what I would use and they are very good servos. Tough and last forever almost! I just put them in my Ziroli P-40 at 96".

Barry