Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Winter project slated......1/3 scale Polikarpov I-16

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Winter project slated......1/3 scale Polikarpov I-16

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 08:22 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not even close to tail heavy Don. May actually be a bit nose heavy actually. The elevator was first flown on high rates. What I have learned with this plane is that it needs high rate elevator to take off and land, but flies best on lower rates. I am still dialing in as it only has 4 flights on it now.

Jeff
Old 07-23-2014, 10:23 PM
fytrjok
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jeff,

I didn't realize you'd never seen footage of the beanfield incident! I shot HD footage of that abbreviated flight, that's where all those stills I posted came from. I'd be happy to run you off a disc if you save us a good spot next month! By the way, did you see the footage I posted of the Kate?
Old 07-24-2014, 03:55 AM
F4u5

Hey Doug, I always thought you took those pictures with a camera.....ha, I even told Lance (guy who posted the video) that you filmed the Corsair mid-air, but took stills of the I-16....guess I was wrong. I will save you a spot right next to us if you want. Glad to do it. look forward to seeing you guys. I didn't see the Kate footage, I will have to look for it. Glad it is working for you and you are having some fun with it.

JQ
Old 07-24-2014, 12:08 PM
fytrjok
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nope! All those stills were frame captures from my video camera. Nice to see that the Polikarpov pilot finally got some remedial flight training! Here's the youtube link for the Kate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EttSxsz9gQQ
Old 07-25-2014, 06:39 AM
F4u5

I checked it out yesterday....nice flying!
JQ
Old 07-25-2014, 07:32 AM
pittsdriver
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F4u5
Not even close to tail heavy Don. May actually be a bit nose heavy actually. The elevator was first flown on high rates. What I have learned with this plane is that it needs high rate elevator to take off and land, but flies best on lower rates. I am still dialing in as it only has 4 flights on it now.

Jeff
Short tail moment, big elevator and high rates does make a tough combo. Are you going to WOTR in Denver this year? I just got back into RC after about 10 years building full scale and will try and attend. I've seen all the planes you have done over the years and would like to see them in action. Don
Old 07-25-2014, 05:57 PM
F4u5

Hi Don, I will not make Rockies this year. I noticed you have been absent for a while. Welcome back.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2014, 07:41 PM
pittsdriver
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a new Top Flight Zero to get back into it. Flew it last week and it really flies nice like a Zero should. Have a Yellow Spitfire i might do this winter. Didn't realize how much I missed it as its been about 8 years. Don