Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Great Planes JU-87 Stuka ARF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Great Planes JU-87 Stuka ARF

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 03:53 PM
jet22b

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great Planes JU-87 Stuka ARF

Hey Guys;
For a limited time Great Planes is bring back their JU-87 Stuka ARF. Here is the link for Tower Hobbies.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZW76&P=7
Tower say they will be in-stock late Dec. They will also bring back the 1/5 Scale P-6E Hawk ARF. So take a look guys, I know they will go fast!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 12-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Kostas1

Default RE: Great Planes JU-87 Stuka ARF

$$$$ ?????? [:'(]
Old 12-26-2010, 04:42 PM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Stuka # TA1129 in Tower Talk. $329.97
P-6e Hawk # TA1130 in Tower Talk. $479.97 Max H.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:04 PM
jet22b

Have not receive my Tower Talk yet, but, I am trying to get a feel from anyone who have the JU-87 before to give me a pro and con on the arf. I have been looking for a good flying JU-87 or 88 to have in my warbird hangar for sometime now. Any info will be a big help!!
Thanks guys!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 12-26-2010, 05:24 PM
STUKA BARRY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jet22b

Have not receive my Tower Talk yet, but, I am trying to get a feel from anyone who have the JU-87 before to give me a pro and con on the arf. I have been looking for a good flying JU-87 or 88 to have in my warbird hangar for sometime now. Any info will be a big help!!
Thanks guys!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
The best flying Stuka bar none is the Ziroli. If thats too big for you then your best bet is the ESM JU87B model and get the cockpit kit from TyPlanes.com.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:41 PM
jet22b

ORIGINAL: STUKA BARRY

ORIGINAL: jet22b

Thanks guys!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
The best flying Stuka bar none is the Ziroli. If thats too big for you then your best bet is the ESM JU87B model and get the cockpit kit from TyPlanes.com.
Thank you STUKA BARRY, for the info. I will look at both!!
Thank you, again and Happy New Year!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 12-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Ed

Stuka Barry is correct. Nothing even comes close to comparing with the Ziroli Stuka. Bigger is always better, and it's not covered with plastic shrink wrap.

ed

Old 12-27-2010, 03:48 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was dismayed to see the re-release of this ARF. There are FAR better ARFs that could have been re-released (AT-6 for one): the Great Planes Stuka is so non-scale looking it's rediculous. The wings are the biggest culprit: why coundn't they get the wing dihedral right?
If you want something that you can put swasticas on and get away with it: get one of these.
If you want a scale looking warbird: find something else.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62317.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1538790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37159.jpg
Views:	2574
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1538791  
Old 12-27-2010, 04:08 PM
jet22b

ORIGINAL: CorsairJock

I was dismayed to see the re-release of this ARF. There are FAR better ARFs that could have been re-released (AT-6 for one): the Great Planes Stuka is so non-scale looking it's rediculous. The wings are the buggest culprit: why coundn't they get the wind dihedral right?
If you want something that you can put swasticas on and get away with it: get one of these.
If you want a scale looking warbird: find something else.
CorsairJock;
The more I look at this ARF, the more I don't want it!!! This is why I as for input on this ARF. Like you, I also wish Great Planes bring back their AT-6!! I did download the manual for the JU-87, but, did not like the way it went together. I maybe old school, but, I like my warbird to look like warbirds. Now I am looking at ESM JU87B Stuka. Now to find a build thread on RCU!!!
Thanks, again for the info!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 11-22-2012, 04:50 AM
Mr.Gary

Hi Soinny.

I can recommend the ESM JU87b, the build qualiry is not bad and in my opnion good value for money, the only downsides are the very flimsy canopy and as I've also seen complaints about the wire undercarriage, no problem bending them back though as they appear to be made of mild steel, spring steel would have indeed have been better, to that end I'm looking at sourcing Robarts, I would suggest not to even bother to fit the supplied legs, they bend and tear the spats straight off.
Also no need to use ta 30cc engine as suggested, that requires chopping the rather lovely cowl around far too much, on the advice of a forum I fitted the DLE 20 which with a little modification fits nicely. I also experimented with props, the 17 x 6 recommended is far too light and over-revs, I eventually fitted an 18 x 6 and the combination works well.
As usual with ESM instuctions, read them thoroughly but with a pinch of salt, assembling the elevator control arm is a typical example, best to loop the control wire through twice or even better, fit a solid control rod.
All the best
Gary
Old 11-22-2012, 08:25 PM
jet22b

Hi Mr. Gary,
Thank you for the info on the ESM JU87b. I do have a new DLE 20 on the shelf in the work shop that need a home and the winter build is about to start!!!
Thanks again for the info!! Where was the web when I start in this hobby back in the 60's!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b