Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Converting a Parkzone Fw-190 to glow

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Converting a Parkzone Fw-190 to glow

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 01:06 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting a Parkzone Fw-190 to glow

I would like to take on an odd project and mate a random Evolution 35 I have to a Parkzone Fw-190 just for fun and to see what will happen. I'm looking for the best way to fabricate a new firewall and mate the wood to the foam. I'm thinking of inserting long dowels into the foam every 90 degrees and drilling out the firewall to mate up with them and then using Gorilla glue to join the entire assembly together. Thoughts, ideas, or snide remarks welcomed.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:32 PM
wingspar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Converting a Parkzone Fw-190 to glow

If I'm reading this right you want to install a 35 cc engine in a plane that was designed to fly with an all up weight of under two pounds and would fly fine with a 1.5 cc engine???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

Old 01-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Dash7ATP

ORIGINAL: wingspar

If I'm reading this right you want to install a 35 cc engine in a plane that was designed to fly with an all up weight of under two pounds and would fly fine with a 1.5 cc engine???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

I think the 35 he's talking about is a .35 cu In glow engine. That still sounds like a lot of power.

If you are serious about this, the dowel idea sounds good, but it would also be better to use a little fiberglass around the firewall and back about two inches over the foam. Use Epoxy as it won't attack thefoam. This thing would have the potential to pull the wings off, so you should probably put in a carbon spar as well. By the way, what is the span on this? Most .35 sized models for RC would have around a 45 inch span, plus or minus a little.

Dash
Old 01-12-2011, 01:48 PM
wingspar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That makes more sense :-)
Old 01-12-2011, 02:50 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Haha, yes, Dash is correct. It's a .35 ci engine.

The span is 39.5". I know even a .35 is a lot more power than necessary, but like I said this is for fun using stuff that I just have lying around. If it comes apart in the air I'm not out much, but if it works it will be a helluva little rocket ship. I do plan on strengthening the wing and stabs considerably using carbon fiber mods that an employee at my LHS has made to make his PZ Focke Wulf good to a radar verified 100MPH.

So, fiberglass will stick to foam?