Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Seagull Sea Fury

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:36 PM
CharlieDelta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull Sea Fury

Hi Warbird fans,

Just wanted to share my latest warbird with you.

Seagull Sea Fury: 66in wing span, OS 91FS powered , all up weight 8.75lbs = 140 oz.

Seagull have done a great job in building an all-wood smoothly curving fuselage incorporating the wing root fillet.

I wanted to fly with a 91 FS so went to great lengths to keep the weight under 9lbs including:
- one servo for the elevators
- pro-filmed over the flaps (dont need them)
- using the cheap and cheerful mechanical retracts supplied
- rebuilt the stab as the original weighed 6oz, new one is 3oz.
- no lead

I'm pleased with the result - its one of those models that has just flown with no fuss or issues.

CharlieDelta
Old 06-13-2016, 04:10 AM
Zipperneck
My Feedback: (1)

I have acquired one of these used and am in the process of installing everything in it. I noticed that when the cowling is placed so that the engine/cone is in the exact center of the opening, the cowling tends to "nose up" in relation to the rest of the fuselage. It looks funny.

What I mean is that when you view the airplane from the side, it can be seen that the cowling tips up slightly. If I want to line up the olive drab stripe and have everything as it should look - this drops the front of the cowling downward - thus placing the cone off axis (less space above the cone than below it).

The photo shows the cone perfectly in center of the cowling. The result is that the cowling pitches up in relation to the fuselage, making it all out of whack!

Have any of you noticed this? If so, what did you do to correct it?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1596 (2).jpg
Views:	291
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	2167660   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1597 (2).jpg
Views:	294
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	2167661  
Old 06-14-2016, 03:10 PM
CharlieDelta

Hi
Had the same issue. I chose to line the cowl up with the fuz as you can see from my photos. Of course the spinner is now too high.

I flew it on Sunday and unusually it was flat calm so I could really test the trimming and I found that it was climbing when the power was increased so in fact some down thrust would be a good idea and that will help to centralise the spinner.

Good luck with yours.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:50 AM
Zipperneck
My Feedback: (1)

Hello, and thank you for your wicked-fast reply!

OK, that reassures me. I'll go with that and line up the cowling so it looks right in relation to the fuselage, and see how it goes.

I noticed that there is already some down thust built into the engine mount... I'll have a go and get back to you. It may be a month or so...

BTW, I'm installing a Thunder Tiger 120 pro in this puppy. It should scream (I hope).