Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

How do you think the Moderators do their job?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

How do you think the Moderators do their job?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 04:57 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do you think the Moderators do their job?

I personally am getting tired of them acting like Police instead of just monitoring the site. I just started a thread about the outcome of the Super Bowl and David Agar had the nerve to just lock it down because the game was over. Others were reflecting on the game and I guess he didn't like it so he ended it. He must be a Steeler Fan! I think the moderators are overstepping there authority and reading between the lines on the RCU rules. Where does it say we can't talk about things other than building. Every holiday season someone posts Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas and just because they come and go the moderators don't lock them down. I don't care if I get kicked off this rediculous site because it makes me SICK and I think the moderators are power hungry and STINK!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Whistling Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you think the Moderators do their job?

Honestly right before you posted this I was wondering why there was a Super Bowl thread in a Warbird forum.
There are enough useless threads, like this one, that get started on here. I wish they would do more to put threads in their proper place.
Football threads should be in the "Off Topic" forum.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:32 PM
crashproof

Well Said.
ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

Honestly right before you posted this I was wondering why there was a Super Bowl thread in a Warbird forum.
There are enough useless threads, like this one, that get started on here. I wish they would do more to put threads in their proper place.
Football threads should be in the "Off Topic" forum.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:33 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We're sorry if you feel you were infringed upon, but if you have ever read the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_377662/tm.htm]RCU Rules of posting[/link], you will see that the second section is:

TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
Although discussion forums encourage a wide range of opinions, please keep your posts focused on the topic of the thread and related to the forum you are submitting your message.

• RCUniverse's chosen language is English. All other languages are subject to removal.

• Each forum has a different topic, so what is appropriate in one forum or thread may not be appropriate in another.

• RCUniverse.com is focused on R/C. Accordingly, topics must remain R/C related.

• We do not permit political, social, religious, or other off-topic discussions. There are many places online to express your opinions on issues outside of RC so "RC" Universe is designed to be a place to talk just about RC.

That said, do we let some stuff slide? Yes - As you said, we do not want to act like Police, however, that's exactly what we are. We are here to "police" the site and see to it that the rules are followed. I saw that Super Bowl thread and seriously considered locking it, but I decided to let it slide. Dave felt otherwise. Why? I don't know. Maybe he IS a Steelers fan, but whatever the case, he was correct in doing what he did.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:33 PM
cimara

Is this an example of what you were talking about in this thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._1/key_/tm.htm

When you wrote
How about some new life to a dying site! - 1/22/2011 1:24 AM

NCIS

Certified

Score: 130
Last Login: 2/7/2011
Status: online I don't wish to offend anyone BUT!!! we keep reading the same old things over and over and over again. I am getting so bored with certain threads not to mention Yeah another TF GS P-47 build and TF GS Corsair Group build where everybody mosty are just talking about nonsense or in circles Like Dorothy in the TWISTER on The Wizard of OZ. " Auntie Em it's a twister, it's a twister, and I just killed the wicked witch . Now I'm after wicked threads. BEWARE!!! Use a PM or an email instead of taking up the first page with your idle gossip and save the page for new threads and something that hasn't gone on thru 3 presidents. nYou know what I mean something that is important and interesting. I hope noboy was offended by this thread and if you were then go to a different one.

JMHO,

Barry

Barry - Owner of Canopy Rails For Warbirds
If so its a good one of
talking about nonsense
and example of
Use a PM or an email instead of taking up the first page with your idle gossip
Old 02-07-2011, 05:34 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

Football threads should be in the ''Off Topic'' forum.
Couldn't agree with you more! I'm sure there's a football forum on the web somewhere for the guys that want to discuss football.

Mike
Old 02-07-2011, 05:51 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still cannot understand why people complain, ***** and whine about a FREE service.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:10 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I singed onto this site to talk and learn about rc plane , not football , debates on arf , time to build and all the drama .
If we stick to the title of the website , we would not even need mods . RCUNIVERSE keep it simple , leave the drams on "ladys.com"
Old 02-07-2011, 06:16 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was wondering what took them so long to lock it.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:29 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 02-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Whistling Death

If that wasn't enough, he started another one about 2.4 radios in the "Warbird" forum even though there is a very, very good section on everything to do with radios already.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

Why is this one not closed, thought there was a place for complaints.......

Old 02-07-2011, 06:34 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mustangman40

Why is this one not closed, thought there was a place for complaints.......

Good idea. I think the point has been made