Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Fokker D.VII 1/4 Balsa USA

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Fokker D.VII 1/4 Balsa USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 04:10 PM
N11
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike seen your in build progress thread on RCSB with Glenn`s 1/3 DVII so the one you entered the Master`s is the one in this thread. I`m using several of your techniques on my busa DVII which greatly helped thru out the build. By the looks of the1/3 it`s a Guaranteed Winner !

Jim
Old 01-02-2017, 07:14 PM
MRadu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Jim,

Thanks for letting me know I helped even a little bit. Yes my BUSA 1/4 scale Fokker D.VII took third place in the Advanced class in the 2016 Scale Masters. Yes it the one I built here.

Yes I'm now back on building and this time trying to finishing my ⅓ GTM Fokker D.VII. I have now received my GTM ⅓ scale SE5a and it took me two full days just to go through the parts. Most impressive kit. It's real hard to hold off starting.
I started a build thread of the 1/3rd scale Fokker D.VII on RCSB site. If others here want me to start one here let me know. I'f enough people want me to I'll do one here as well.

My goal is to have both 1/3rd scale GTM Fokker D.VII and the SE5a built and flying by mid 2018.
This is exactly 100 years that these two fighter planes were created and fought against each other.
I want to travel around the US to events and fly them both with and meet you all.

Please let let me know your best events and I'll start my planing to visit.

Thanks Jim and to all who enjoy with RC scale hobby!

Last edited by MRadu; 01-02-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Typo errors
Old 01-27-2017, 08:55 AM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I was reading the AMA magazine and saw your name in 3rd place. I send my heart felt congrats to you. To build as well as you do and take time to post your builds for the rest of us is AWESOME! Thanks.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:25 AM
Lupomen

Default Resurrecting this thread beginning a build !

Hi can anyone tell me if the chin moulding or even a complete cowl is still available ?

I am starting a 1/4 scale D7 today to amuse me whilst we are semi locked down and can't travel anywhere off our island.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:06 AM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Paul, fiberglassspesialtesinc.com does have the Fokker D-VII cowl & cowl ((bottom Only). I have bought one their 1/3 scale cowl and it is great, shipping could be expensive for you..
I built the BUSA 1/4 scale Fokker D-VII kit, I used the plastic parts from their kit. I did add fiberglass with 30 minute epoxy, if you follow my instructions on my building thread on RCScaleBuilder.com. Go the the web site, Balsa USA Kits section, page 15, building the Fokker D-VII , Topic Starter, jwrich . I have detailed pictures of how I did my chin cowl. I did take a little time to do, but it came out very good I think and the airplane is still flying. I hope this helps, please email ( [email protected] ) me that you found the instructions.

Rich

You are going to love this airplane.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:58 AM
Lupomen

Default Thanks

Hi thanks for your reply, my problem is my kit is missing the chin cowl altogether so I think it will have to be fibreglass specialities. Your aircraft looks superb, thanks for the help.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:08 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you read some of the other Fokker D-VII builds on rcscalebuilder, you will see some have used balsa blocks the to make the the chin cowl. Based on the build time line it did not take that long.

Rich