Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

KMP all composite Tigercat

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP all composite Tigercat

Old 02-18-2011, 04:19 PM
vallawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP all composite Tigercat

Ijust saw one for sale and Iam tempted. Ihave had previous (not great) experience wtih KMP before. THe all composite ones were really really heavy, that is what Iam afraid of.
Ihave one G-26 and cam pull another out of a different plane.
What do you think of this plane?
Please don't start antoher think about how the scale is not perfect, Ido not care, the model looks great to me.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Whistling Death

Default RE: KMP all composite Tigercat

I like planes to look as scale as possible but I don't have a coronary if one little detail is missing or out of place.

In the end, it's YOUR money and if you like how your plane looks it doesn't make a hill of beans what anyone else thinks.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:36 PM
drifter
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vallawyer

I just saw one for sale and I am tempted. I have had previous (not great) experience wtih KMP before. THe all composite ones were really really heavy, that is what I am afraid of.
I have one G-26 and cam pull another out of a different plane.
What do you think of this plane?
Please don't start antoher think about how the scale is not perfect, I do not care, the model looks great to me.
There is a 73 page thread here on this airplane. There are lots of opinions and even some video of it flying with the engines you have.

Thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4814227/tm.htm
Old 02-18-2011, 09:09 PM
dvs1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are heavy, but not too heavy, the all composites are very stable in the air due to the weight, depending how you fly you may want a slightly larger engine. I personally think the all composites were KMP's best planes. But that is just me.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:25 AM
vallawyer

I could not read every post on that thread, it was a hundred pages long, but I will pass on that plane after seeing all the problems people had.  Paint peeling off, weak wings, no customer service, been there already with KMP.  Thans for finding the information for me.
There is somethgn else, too, I don't think I will have an easy time landing it, not saying it is a bad plane to fly, but from the videos it's hotter on landing than I am comfortable with these days.