Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli F4U Cockpit Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli F4U Cockpit Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
topflight-RCU
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli F4U Cockpit Help

I am in the process of building my Ziroli Corsair and would like to do a scale cockpit in it. I know there is probably another post about this but I cannot find it. I have cockpit information and pictures but what I am unsure about is how to scale it, what is the factor/number I use? Does the cockpit floor start at the crutch of the fuselage which is in the middle of the fuselage? I have seen other posts where they are doing a cockpit for a top flite corsair and it looks like the floor is just above the wing saddle.

Any help or pictures would be very helpful.

Thanks
Joe
Old 02-24-2011, 05:12 PM
wingspar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ziroli F4U Cockpit Help

How about using one of these.

http://www.dbalsa.com/cockpits/f4u-ziroli.htm

It should make your life alot easier.

Dave
Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Flyin Hwn

Joe,
Try dbalsa.com (Dynamic Balsa) for Ziroli Corsair cockpit. I have one in my Ziroli Corsair and it fits perfectly. Dynamic Balsa also has the gunsight and guns. After painting I glued the cockpit sides to the fuselage ( per reference photos) relieving non structural wood as necessary to fit. Dash & gunsight goes in after fuse panels. I glued the floor pieces (foot rails) with seat and control stick to a thin piece of ply and that ply is screwed to some rails I made to fit so that is removable for maintenance. My pilot is from Ziroli (Officers & Gentlemen) which I strapped in with functioning seatbelts I made up from fabric and velcro from the fabric store secured to the floor. Building the cockpit was fun in itself and you can embellish (bells & whistles) to taste.

Have fun

Flyin Hwn
Old 04-06-2011, 04:56 AM
mikefrench1
My Feedback: (28)

I have a larger Corsair but the cockpit would be the same. Put your pilot in his seat and measure the height and place the floor accordingly. Its a fairly simplr task.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:27 AM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe,

The Ziroli Corsair cockpit is not long enough for a scale cockpit. On my 124+" Z Corsair I moved the top section of F-6 above the crutch forward 1.75". On your size it will be less. The Dymaic Balsa cockpit kit I bought was for a 120" Don Smith Corsair and thats how I realized the cockpit was way to short. Move the instrument panel forward or it will look stubby! I layed my 1/8" cockpit floor ontop of the crutch.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52724.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1590191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17122.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1590192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx63170.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	30.5 KB