Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM FW D-9

Old 11-17-2011, 08:53 AM
kwik

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: ESM FW D-9

Mudflap, are the glitches on all flaps, or just ailerons? Or just throttle?

If it is only on ailerons, I would not be surprised if replacing servo-plugs in wing (Aileron Y-connection?) will rectify the problem.
Spurios connection in servo-plugs have happened to me many times.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:02 AM
fockewulf37
My Feedback: (102)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Where is your motor kill switch.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:21 AM
mudflap31

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Guys,

The glitches are in the flaps, ailerons, throttle servo and choke.

The motor kill is the throttle servo.

Muds
Old 11-18-2011, 04:48 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mudflap31

Hi Dave,

I have managed to remove 1 12'' extension lead from each aileron, but cannot run the engine untill the weekend, it's dark when I get home from work [:'(] On Saturday I intend to range check it while running the engine in the fuz, then, if all is ok put the wing on and unplug one item at a time to try and find the culprit (this is assuming there is a bad connection somewhere). If this does not work I will try another new RX. This is the first model I have used a DSMX rx with, I can't seem to get a DSM2 these days. I#m wondering if my DXS9 doesn't like them [&:]

I'd be interested to know your throws and amounts of expo if any??

Cheers
Muds
Hey Mud's

I feel your paint with work getting in the way of other more important thing that I have to do I'm working till 11pm tonight and then I'm on a flight first thing tomorrow morning so I wont get back home till Sunday, but I'll throw a ruler on the surfaces and let you how exactly what I'm getting.

Interesting that your having problems with the DSMX. I'm running DSM2 AR9000 R/X in my "faraday cage" plus 2 satellites and having no problems what so ever?? you can still definately get DSM2 R/X's. check eBay.

Thanks

dave
Old 11-18-2011, 11:33 AM
STICK MODE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mudflap31

Hi Guys,

The glitches are in the flaps, ailerons, throttle servo and choke.

The motor kill is the throttle servo.

Muds
The glitches are only when the motor runs am i right in this and you use your throttle to stop the motor????
Old 11-18-2011, 01:15 PM
STICK MODE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mud’s
If you are just using your throttle servo to stop the motor which I am assuming you are I would be pretty sure there lies your interference problem The optic kill switch allows you to remotely kill your electronic ignition equipped engine from your transmitter. The Ignition system is Optically Coupled to isolate your ignition system from your radio system (No Interference!!) yet allow the current to flow the key word here being isolate Fibre optics allowed sensitive equipment to work in electrically noisy environments. they only work on Electronic Ignition they will not work on the older magneto motors what you are experiencing e.g. glitches I got 20 years ago when we used to convert old chain saw motors to gas plane motors before you start ripping wires out and hair I would put one in there cheap and stop ALL interference I personally would not run any plane without one other advantage is that if on the odd chance your tx was to fail (e.g. lipo battery cell drop of which I have seen) the motor will stop as power is required to keep the circuit working look at it this way with a normal contact switch which is a crude bimetallic contact mix that with the normal vibration of a gas motor plus everything is in a relatively close area and you have interference as any friction on a vibrating switch causes a radio signal which your RX will pick up causing your servos to twitch fockewulf 37 was on to it long ago when he asked you where your kill switch was and you responded by saying the throttle servo if that being the case fit a optic kill switch and it should sort it out just my 10 cents worth cheers [:-]
Old 11-18-2011, 03:32 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Heres a pic of the muffler system I just orderd for my G62. Also a lay down carb assembly to make the whole engine 1" smaller. This should hide almost the whole thing in my TA 152. Here is a SIsT D model with this engine muffler combo installed. The can does give a performance boost I am told.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43319.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1688248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68637.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1688249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33059.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1688250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81339.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1688251  
Old 11-18-2011, 09:38 PM
mudflap31

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: STICK MODE

Mud’s
If you are just using your throttle servo to stop the motor which I am assuming you are I would be pretty sure there lies your interference problem The optic kill switch allows you to remotely kill your electronic ignition equipped engine from your transmitter. The Ignition system is Optically Coupled to isolate your ignition system from your radio system (No Interference!!) yet allow the current to flow the key word here being isolate Fibre optics allowed sensitive equipment to work in electrically noisy environments. they only work on Electronic Ignition they will not work on the older magneto motors what you are experiencing e.g. glitches I got 20 years ago when we used to convert old chain saw motors to gas plane motors before you start ripping wires out and hair I would put one in there cheap and stop ALL interference I personally would not run any plane without one other advantage is that if on the odd chance your tx was to fail (e.g. lipo battery cell drop of which I have seen) the motor will stop as power is required to keep the circuit working look at it this way with a normal contact switch which is a crude bimetallic contact mix that with the normal vibration of a gas motor plus everything is in a relatively close area and you have interference as any friction on a vibrating switch causes a radio signal which your RX will pick up causing your servos to twitch fockewulf 37 was on to it long ago when he asked you where your kill switch was and you responded by saying the throttle servo if that being the case fit a optic kill switch and it should sort it out just my 10 cents worth cheers [:-]
Hi SM,

My throttle and choke servo is up front mounted on the top of the engine box. I close the throttle butterfly to stop the engine. The Ign system is on the underside of the engine box, no switch at the moment, just plug the ign unit/battery wires together. The ign system is not wired through anything, totally isolated.
I understand the throttle and choke are a closer proximity to the ign box than ideal, but they are 5" apart.
The throttle and choke do not glitch when the engine is running and the wing is disconnected, only when it's all hooked up, this is what has led me to believe there may be a wiring fault in the wing.

Vertical Grimmace,

The dora you picture is fitted with a Z45, it is Phil Clarkes from Fighteraces, I think you'd struggle to hide a 62 in the 190 cowl.

Cheers
Muds
Old 11-18-2011, 10:52 PM
dvs1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

Heres a pic of the muffler system I just orderd for my G62. Also a lay down cab assembly to make the whole engine 1'' smaller. This should hide almost the whole thing in my TA 152. Here is a SIsT D model with this engine muffler combo installed. The can does give a performance boost I am told.
Unfortunately the G-62 will not fit into a 1/5 scale D9 or TA-152 without cutting a large hole for the head. As said in previous post the SisT D9 was designed for the G-45 and fits quite well, some have been able to fit and position so that only the spark plug boot slightly protrudes from the cowl flaps. I'm sure the ESM D9 would be the same as the dimensions are are pretty much the same.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:37 AM
vertical grimmace

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, Phil sent these pics to me and informed me that it was indeed a G62 in this aircraft. You can see the small amount of head exposed, which completely coincides with the 1/5th scale TA 152 plans I am building from. The Andersen TA 152 is designed for a DA 50cc engine. The G62 is 1" shorter. Also the lay down carb assembly I purchased keeps it in the cowl as well. I am aware that the entire engine will not be concealed, but it will be for the most part other than the plug. That is good enough for me, as this is the size engine I want in this aircraft. The main reason for my post was to inform people of a muffler option for their D9.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Ramstein44
My Feedback: (157)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGQFE...aEPCTaA#t=342s

This guy for sure has a g62 in his SIST.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Idigbo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ramstein44

No, this guy for sure has SOME of his g62 in his SIST, the rest is clearly out in the breeze

Its a personal thing, I like power, but not at the expense of looks. A 45 is plenty in the Sist, so would be even better in the ESM one as it is lighter. The motor Mud has in his D9 is a great choice, but the reliabilty of a Zenoah has to win over in my book.

Ian.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:15 PM
vertical grimmace

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Idigbo

No, this guy for sure has SOME of his g62 in his SIST, the rest is clearly out in the breeze

Its a personal thing, I like power, but not at the expense of looks. A 45 is plenty in the Sist, so wold be evn better in the ESM one as it is lighter. The motor Mud has in his D9 is a great choice, but the reliabilty of a Zenoah has to win over in my book.

Ian.
It is certainly personal preference. This is an area that does not bother me too much.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Ramstein44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, there's always an electric setup with a sound system!![:'(]here you couldn't fly this plane with a 45.. I've a Holman Dora and tried this which is a little smaller with the 80 inch wing... Sure it flew..struggling..but still it flew. I've always gone bigger for those oh crap moments.. Better to have it then need it and this over weighs looks!
Old 11-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Idigbo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, there's always an electric setup with a sound system!![:'(]

Oh pleeeeaaase [:'(][:'(]

It really is each to their own though, that 62 installation isn't THAT bad now you've pointed out that other option!!!

Ian.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Ramstein44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Removed
Old 11-19-2011, 03:47 PM
dvs1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

Yes, Phil sent these pics to me and informed me that it was indeed a G62 in this aircraft. You can see the small amount of head exposed, which completely coincides with the 1/5th scale TA 152 plans I am building from. The Andersen TA 152 is designed for a DA 50cc engine. The G62 is 1'' shorter. Also the lay down carb assembly I purchased keeps it in the cowl as well. I am aware that the entire engine will not be concealed, but it will be for the most part other than the plug. That is good enough for me, as this is the size engine I want in this aircraft. The main reason for my post was to inform people of a muffler option for their D9.
Ok, that would explain why so much of the head was exposed. I remember one of Evan Q's D9s had the 45 in it and he was able to pretty much completely hide it. But the 1/5 190's do fly much better with the 62 without the worry of being underpowered.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:04 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You guys are aware that you can get more power than a dinosaur Zenoah 45, and still get it all inside the cowl??? reliable as well (so far[8D])

The Ty's cockpit kit should be arriving any day now. The USPS tracking info hasn't been updated for over a week now so normally means it will arrive very soon. I watched the installation video the other day to make sure I'm ready to go, but I still haven't decided if im going to replace the instrument panel with the inzpan one yet, Doing that will add another $80 odd dollars to the cost.

I am pumped to get going on the next faze with the dora and I will hopefully have some fun stuff to show you guys with the cockpit when all the bit's i've ordered arrive.

Thanks

dave

Name:	Wu59957.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1688875  
Old 11-20-2011, 10:52 AM
vertical grimmace

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just buy the instruments and make your own instrument panels from 3 mm sheet plasctic. Very easy. Hobby lobby has the instruments so does this guy. http://www.iflytailies.com/store/cockpit-accessories/

These are the instruments that inzpan uses. In fact they are made by them. I think Hobby Lobby is out of stock though. The instruments are $20 bucks though and then you have your time. Plus some other plastic. If you can get them for $80 bucks it may be worth it for you.

Here are mine installed in my TA 152 build.

Name:	Tr51257.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1688995   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43978.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1688996  
Old 11-20-2011, 10:54 AM
dvs1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you can afford it it go with the Inzpan, to date I still havent seen one that matches the look of their instrument panel. I'm still debating if I should break down and go with their cockpit or not. Looks sooo good but oh so expensive.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Ramstein44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I picked up several Izpan kits from a company called Iflytailes over on eBay. The dash were about 50 bucks. In total, I got the entire cockpit kit for about $100 with side pnls less the seats which in have several other makes. Well worth it. There also over on RCscailbuilder.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:55 PM
vik

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Propagteam cockpits are really good and easy to make.

But Chad Veich cockpit kits (spitfire is out and P-47 to come) are much better.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Ramstein44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Looking good. I chose the kit version as I couldn't see paying for the built one's. There are a lot of pieces. Gives me something extra to do.[&:] This one has the seat but I've found thatthe seat is much larger then it should be thus not buying the complete sets.

Name:	Jh14875.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1689064  
Old 11-20-2011, 01:30 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (22)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The proprag/Inzpan cockpit is great.. IF your lucky enough to get all the parts. Here i am waiting for over 1 year now and still waiting for the other 15% of my kit to arrive. And the pre-made kits are only a good idea if they are going into a sist 190. Any other 190, and they requires some adjusting and trimming to fit, but they do look great when finished.

As far as the seat... I brought it up to inzpan's attention in Jan. of this year that their seat sizing was not correct. I even provided photographic and technical dimension drawings of the full-scale seat proof, and they still insisted that their seat was "scaled down from the original Fock-Wulf factory drawing". I've got that drawing somewhere in my file of 190 stuff, and their seat is sized for about a 1/3.5 size FW-190 when you buy the 1/5 scale kit. I bet they probably are using the same seat for the 1/5 and 1/4 scale cockpits.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:23 PM
vertical grimmace

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Does anyone have a source for a better sized seat? I have found my inzpan seat too big.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.