Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

I Saw it! TF 60 Size Corsair ARF!!!!!

Old 12-08-2012, 12:27 PM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: I Saw it! TF 60 Size Corsair ARF!!!!!

At $250 I just could not pass it by. I have been looking at the TF Corsair 60 since it was first released and the $399 price just put me off. With $50 discount I got it for $200; that is half price!

Bruce
Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 PM
landeck

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have two engines I can use in the Corsair, an OS 75A or a Magnum 91 four stroke. Both are good strong engines. Which would use?

Bruce
Old 12-10-2012, 08:32 PM
jrod1019

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: landeck

I have two engines I can use in the Corsair, an OS 75A or a Magnum 91 four stroke. Both are good strong engines. Which would use?

Bruce
do you mean o.s. 75ax?, i would use the 75ax and a slimline pitts muffler. how do you guys think the o.s. 22 gas motor would work in this plane?
jrod
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 PM
mike boxtall

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Has anyone ever disgustingly over powered this plane? I am having a hard time choosing between the Saito 150 or the Saito 180. I have both just sitting needing a homes.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mike, I hear ya loud and clear but I think youmaypull the tailfeathers off or over-stress the wings if you went with a 150 or 180, especially when you went to do that diving full speed pass from 300 feet to down low over the runway . Im not saying that it couldnt be done mind you, but you would really have to beef things up structually to get them to stay on the plane. Another thing you would have to look at is prop clearance to the ground. Im thinking about purchasing one of these today from Tower since they are marked down and I have a new in the box RCGF 20cc gasser that Ive had for 2 years now that needs a a home if it wouldnt take too much butchering up of the cowl .
Just my .02 worth.
John
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 AM
cerralvo78

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have bought 2 engines for the bird:
DLE 20
and
SAITO FG-21

I am not wich one I will chose but i know i had a few problems with my DLE 20 on another plane so I will go probably with the FG-21 saito

I have not finish my Bird becasue ROBART HAS NOT YET COME OUT WITH THE ELECTRIC RETRACTS FOR THIS PLANE!!!! ,
THEY RESPOND TO AN EMAIL FROM LAS SUMMER AND THEY SAID NOV 2012 OR DEC 2012
Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 AM
landeck

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jrod1019

ORIGINAL: landeck

Bruce
do you mean o.s. 75ax?, i would use the 75ax and a slimline pitts muffler. how do you guys think the o.s. 22 gas motor would work in this plane?
jrod
Yes, I mean the 75 AX. Thanks for the input.

Bruce
Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 PM
raptureboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The whole stupid rotating gear is what keeps me from pulling the trigger right now. I have the P-40 arf and after bending and ripping out the junk 615's 3 times nowI'm about ready to install the fixed gearI paid robart over $30 for 2 sets of new links with shipping and now one set is bent again. I boughtthe Wingspans this fall and I'm the guy who snapped off the the little rotater gizmo trying to drill out for 3/16 gear stubs, and like others have discoveredthey had so much slop when they are down it was worse than the Robarts. So I returned them and Mikerefunded me 100% So I'm back to repairing my P-40 againand thinking about Sierras for it. which means I can't afford the corsair and them too. Okay rant over. MY KINGDOM FOR A GOOD SET OF ROTATING 100 DEG RETRACTS!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:55 AM
RiverLarry

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Brown Truck will be hear Monday !!!! $210.00 ship cant go rong R/L
Old 12-15-2012, 01:12 PM
WindGap
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A bargain must be relative, cause people reported diff prices paid for this bird and everyone feels they did well. The truth might be that we're all getting ripped off. [8D] c'est la vie

I juSt know they're gonna sell a lot of retracts in the near future.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:16 PM
da Rock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: WindGap

A bargain must be relative, cause people reported diff prices paid for this bird and everyone feels they did well. The truth might be that we're all getting ripped off. [8D] c'est la vie

I'm assembling one of those rip offs as we speak. I hope to be ripped off like this again and again in the future.

As for retracts.... lol... now there is a topic close to the idea in your post.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:32 PM
raptureboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Maybe thats the idea. The price of the Robarts will probally go up next week so get them now. Ithink the price diff is because some aren't tower members and have to pay shipping and some have different coupon codes. The price is 249.99

Old 12-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (84)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: raptureboy

Maybe thats the idea. The price of the Robarts will probally go up next week so get them now. I think the price diff is because some aren't tower members and have to pay shipping and some have different coupon codes. The price is 249.99

Yes your right. I recently won $30 of Tower gift certificates at our fly in and applied them so I got mine for $169 [8D]

Pete
Old 12-15-2012, 07:19 PM
raptureboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thats just not right man169 .. how are those poor little chinese guysgonna eat tonight
Old 12-16-2012, 04:10 AM
wheels down

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Juat pick up another TF corsair Tower 249.99 - 30 discount 219 shipped
paid 300 last year for the same plane

First one didn't make the maiden flight
First flight turned to the left after take off had to shut it down
Double checked everything
everything aligned / ok
on the second try
First one didn't make the maiden flight - rudder must not been aligned with the fuselage when made
Took off nice made a left turn on her own that was nice and level had to shut her down not enough height
got her down on landing ran out room and the main wing and elevator caught my pole building
Old 12-16-2012, 07:17 AM
da Rock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wheels down
First flight turned to the left after take off had to shut it down
Double checked everything
everything aligned / ok
on the second try
First one didn't make the maiden flight - rudder must not been aligned with the fuselage when made
Took off nice made a left turn on her own that was nice and level
Every Corsair I've flown wanted to turn left on takeoff. They sit nose high and too fast throttle advance turns them before the vertical stabilizer has enough power to keep them straight. Turning left is normal on takeoff and climb out. Two things are done to control that.

Throttle and rudder.

Use the runway length and meter your throttle increase as you start the takeoff roll. If the model taxis without trying to turn, it should gain speed before rotation without trying to turn because the gear isn't straight. If you control your throttle input, you can reduce the left turn enough that a little rudder stops the yaw and the plane takes off straight down the runway.

All of them were easily capable of taking off at half power. Do one or two of those takeoffs and you'll notice how much less they want to turn left. They take a lot less rudder with a slower advancement of the throttle.

Corsairs have less yaw stability than most airplanes. Lots of models show that at cruise. They hunt... wobble a bit left and right. Combine that with too quick a power up and they turn left at low airspeed.

Try advancing the throttle slower on takeoff, and have some right rudder dialed in. The real ones do it that way for a good reason.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Shaun Evans

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,

Got mine ($229 shipped). The covering is EXTREMELY wrinkled. Looks like a sharpe puppy. I think I'm going to strip it all and glass her. I have a set of 615's lying around. Are they bad enough to warrant buying something else even though I already have these?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft
Hi,

Got mine ($229 shipped). The covering is EXTREMELY wrinkled. Looks like a sharpe puppy. I think I'm going to strip it all and glass her. I have a set of 615's lying around. Are they bad enough to warrant buying something else even though I already have these?
Hi Shaun,

I can only answer based on my experience but I have used the 615's in my TF P-40 and in my Hellcat and I have not had any issues. My P-40 was about 10 pounds and the Hellcat is nearly 12 pounds. A friend of mine has another set in a Hellcat he built from my kit and he has not had any issues with them either. We both fly only from paved surfaces which I'm sure makes a difference and they probably would not work as well on rough strips. Also, we both are using struts with functional oleos which I'm sure helps to prevent transmitting all the landing loads directly into the retract unit. I also have a set of the Sierra rotaters and they are without doubt a whole bunch sturdier than the Robarts but I will not hesitate to use 615's in my Corsair ARF if that is what I have available when the time comes.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 PM
kochj

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just ordered up my HK electric retracts...
If they bend, I am only out 40$.... not 300$ like the robarts and wings....
Others have used them and had good results, and didn't bend...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44975.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1832465  
Old 12-21-2012, 06:04 AM
da Rock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kochj

Just ordered up my HK electric retracts...
If they bend, I am only out 40$.... not 300$ like the robarts and wings....
Others have used them and had good results, and didn't bend...

However, if they break you're out $40, and if it's at the wrong time you've screwed the model.

Funny they should show up right now, because I saw a pair for the first time a few days ago. I know it was them because I got a close up look at them. A flying buddy was having problems. He finally decided to not maiden the plane. They really don't look very robust, at least not like they could reliably work on models over 7.7lb, which is HK's own max recommended flying weight.

Good thing is, we'll get your report soon on how yours work out. What model will you be installing them in? Hope you post some pictures.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 PM
PlaneKrazy214

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The old saying ..."You get what you pay for" applies here. I am sticking with the Robart 615's. Here is my progress up to this point. I will have more time to work on it after the holidays.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60859.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1832671   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24119.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1832672  
Old 12-21-2012, 07:22 PM
m3_express

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nice!

Did you paint over the covering? What type of paint did you use?

M3
Old 12-21-2012, 07:31 PM
PlaneKrazy214

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks. I scuffed Monokote with 3M pad. Used two light coats of Duplicolor white acrylic automotive primer for base coat. ....sanded between coats. Left white primer for belly...I then mixed my own light blue using my acrylic airbrush paints. Covered that with Duplicolor clear acrylic lacquer . Next came light coats of the lusterkote flat clear. A bit of work but I do like it.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Soo much better. That's what's going to be happening to mine as well.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:23 AM
PlaneKrazy214

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks. I did alot of research on different aircraft and tri color schemes. Then I just blended a few together to my liking. Take your time and dont rush. I am quite sure alot of the guys at the field will be taking a look see this spring.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.