Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 60 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2862

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: CARF F4U-1 Corsair build thread

Hi Gary,

Just received my ARTF Corsair (fabulous) and was disappointed to see that the tail shock absorber is still over-long, mine is the 100mm long version.
    I will now have to try to change it via Darrell, or hunt around for a shorter one !

I do find that incredible - nearly one year on from when you had the same trouble.

I would also have thought that by now they would have modified/ground the gear so that it fits properly, rather than having to do a DIY job once the kit is being assembled.
    After all mine was ordered as ARTF

Dont the guys at CARF action any feedback ??

Steve D

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have asked the Question about the Gear not fitting (doors won't close without modification and I'm having problems (i can fix it) with the inner flap servo being about 3/4" away from the push rod (need to build the flap servo mount out to hook up with the push rod to keep everything perpendicular, these are all easily fixable but really shouldn't happen on an expensive kit.

no response from rep yet

Angus

ORIGINAL: stivvy

Hi Gary,

Just received my ARTF Corsair (fabulous) and was disappointed to see that the tail shock absorber is still over-long, mine is the 100mm long version.
    I will now have to try to change it via Darrell, or hunt around for a shorter one !

I do find that incredible - nearly one year on from when you had the same trouble.

I would also have thought that by now they would have modified/ground the gear so that it fits properly, rather than having to do a DIY job once the kit is being assembled.
    After all mine was ordered as ARTF

Dont the guys at CARF action any feedback ??

Steve D
    Sorry to hear that. The good thing is, Darrel turned mine around very fast. Had it back in less than a week. I only live about 40 miles from him, so shipping is fast though.

The length it needs to be is 3" center to center of the mounting bolts.

Wish you well on the needed mod.

As for the guys at CARF, I have it on good authority (from someone who lives near them and is very familiar with those at the factory, and who I had an opportunity to speak with at Top Gun) that their attitude is all too often that they (CARF) have done all the R&D they need to and their stuff is as good as it needs to be. Result, we the modelers are once again left holding a very expensive[&o] bag.
    Cheers,
    Gary P. / use Steel Powder for ballast not lead. PM me for more information.

ORIGINAL: AngusMc

I have asked the Question about the Gear not fitting (doors won't close without modification and I'm having problems (i can fix it) with the inner flap servo being about 3/4'' away from the push rod (need to build the flap servo mount out to hook up with the push rod to keep everything perpendicular, these are allΒ* easily fixable but really shouldn't happen on an expensive kit.

no response from rep yet

Angus
    Not sure why you are having this problem. We have not needed to make the mods you suggest on any of the ones we have built. Can you post a picture?

Thanks.
    Cheers,

BTW, we now have all the components for the simulated guns and 50 cal gun sounds for our current Corsair project. This one will also be making those strafing runs.

Dan............any more R&D on that smoke?????
    Cheers,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ram3500-RCU

BTW, we now have all the components for the simulated guns and 50 cal gun sounds for our current Corsair project. This one will also be making those strafing runs.

Gary i am very happy youhave not lost interestfrom the first attempt of the smoke system . I know you worked hard to get it working at Top Gun. After i got the system back from you i tried it myself and it sure enough it wouldn't pump. I scratched my head for days till i got the solution.
    What i found was that the system needs to be purged after every use . This i didn't do before sending it out to you .Don't ya love R&D .After i cleared the lines the pump worked as expected . At the moment i am building a smaller version with a valve incorperated to purge the lines.

Dan
    P-38 Lightning Brotherhood #21
    Custom Pipes rc

ORIGINAL: panhandler

Gary i am very happy youΒ*have not Β*lost interestΒ*from the first attempt of the smoke system . I know you worked hard to get it working at Top Gun. After i got the system back from you i tried it myself and it sure enough it wouldn't pump. I scratched my head for days till i got the solution.
    What i found was that the system needs to be purged after every use . This i didn't do before sending it out to you .Don'tΒ* ya love R&D .After i cleared the lines the pump worked as expected . At the moment i am building a smaller version with a valve incorporated to purge the lines.

Dan
    Very good to know that. I guess any little amount of moisture is enough to stiffen the powder.

Smaller is better.
    Cheers,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have asked the Question about the Gear not fitting (doors won't close without modification and I'm having problems (i can fix it) with the inner flap servo being about 3/4'' away from the push rod (need to build the flap servo mount out to hook up with the push rod to keep everything perpendicular, these are all easily fixable but really shouldn't happen on an expensive kit.

no response from rep yet

Angus
    Not sure why you are having this problem. We have not needed to make the mods you suggest on any of the ones we have built. Can you post a picture?

Thanks.
    My mistake on the flap servo, the push rod does rub on the inside of the hole cut for it (if you use a standard clevis), I have put a ball link on the servo arm and it pushes it out a bit, still rubs on full flap deployment, It would not be to wise to enlage the hole as it is 2mm away from the hinge for the flaps. I'll figure it out.

Been building a Wren 44 Turboprob beaver currently, should be back on the corsair shortly

Am

AM

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj24078.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	1821905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uq49923.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	1821906  

I have asked the Question about the Gear not fitting (doors won't close without modification and I'm having problems (i can fix it) with the inner flap servo being about 3/4'' away from the push rod (need to build the flap servo mount out to hook up with the push rod to keep everything perpendicular, these are allΒ* easily fixable but really shouldn't happen on an expensive kit.

no response from rep yet

Angus

Thanks.
    My mistake on the flap servo, the push rod does rub on the inside of the hole cut for it (if you use a standard clevis), I have put a ball link on the servo arm and it pushes it out a bit, still rubs on full flap deployment, It would not be to wise to enlage the hole as it is 2mm away from the hinge for the flaps. I'll figure it out.

Been building a Wren 44 Turboprob beaver currently, should be back on the corsair shortly

Am

AM

Thanks AM for the clarification.

BTW, nice turboprop. Do you have a build thread on it?
    Cheers,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no build thread yet, I have lots of pictures, I'll do something soon

AM

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

We now have a street price for the custom exhaust we developed for this Corsair, when equipped with a Moki 250 or 215.

$150.00 plus S&H. This includes a set of pipes, right and left, and a length of special high temp flex pipe with clamps to connect them to the collector ring.

They could possibly be used on other engines, but this will have to be looked at on a case by case basis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj21496.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	1824673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd93415.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	1824674   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw68946.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	1824675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd91688.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	1824676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec88072.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	1824677  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fc90038.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	1824678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay75448.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	1824679   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw67888.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	1824680  
    Cheers,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

We now have a street price for the custom exhaust we developed for this Corsair, when equipped with a Moki 250 or 215.

$150.00 plus S&H. This includes a set of pipes, right and left, and a length of special high temp flex pipe with clamps to connect them to the collector ring.

They could possibly be used on other engines, but this will have to be looked at on a case by case basis.

Gary, where to get the flex pipe, want to set up my Meister Jug. Its already made to accept this just never found the flex pipe.
    Dave

ORIGINAL: dpav8r

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Gary, where to get the flex pipe, want to set up my Meister Jug. Its already made to accept this just never found the flex pipe.
    Dave
    Thank you for the question. I didn't think of this, but the flex is very useful for other applications and handles the intense heat with no problems. We should make it available separately.

We experimented with other options and this was the best. It is less expensive if bought in quantity, so we could no doubt do better for you guys by say, the foot.

Let me check on this and I'll post a reply here.
    Cheers,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gary,

Please let me know how to pay you for the exhaust this would work well for my needs as I'm having one built as we speak

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

Gary,

Please let me know how to pay you for the exhaust this would work well for my needs as I'm having one built as we speak
    I replied to your PM and thank you for your order. If your builder needs any information from us, please feel free to share my contact info.

Thanks again,
    Gary
    Cheers,

Hello everyone. More on the custom exhaust for the Moki equipped Corsair.

We will officially start taking orders on Monday Dec 3. Details on how to order will be posted this coming Sunday.

On the first orders, we would like to have up to (3) weeks to get them out to you. This will be greatly reduced as time goes on. For now, these will be produced on demand. We hope, in the near future to be able to stock some sets and greatly reduce the delivery time.

Those who have contacted me already are on the list, and your orders on Monday will be a formality. Same for anyone committing to buy between now and Monday. We will honor the order in which you contacted me.

These pipes are professionally designed and manufactured out of the best of materials in the USA, using state of the art machining and welding, but still, they are custom. So they are NOT mass produced, and will not be.

We will have some basic instructions and suggestions for their installation, along with some mounting parts that would not be easy to find for most.

As for the flex pipes for connecting the exhaust to a collector ring, if someone just needs this part, we have decided to make this hard to find material available separately for a charge of $15.99 / foot, with a (1) foot minimum order. I use maybe 3" on each side of the Corsair. We looked hard and long for something that would work better, handle the heat, and be easier to size and flex than what has been used in the past. After trying several products, this is the bomb. We will be able to take orders for the 'Flex' on Monday as well.

We are looking forward to helping many Corsair owners solve the exhaust issue once and for all, and in the future, other planes will be added to the scale exhaust line, with a mission statement of high quality, reliable delivery times, reasonable pricing, and good communication.

Gary
    Cheers,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Gary,

That sounds just great - count me in.

Thanks for your help on all matters Corsair

Steve D

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for taking the time to do this, great looking exhaust

Angus

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Count me in for the hose - I need enough for four motors

ORIGINAL: wxman2

Count me in for the hose - I need enough for four motors
    Will do. Just let me know how many feet you need. Sounds like maybe a couple.

Gary
    Cheers,

Hi Gary,

Steve D
    You are very welcome Steve.

Gary
    Cheers,

Hi Gary,

Steve D
    Glad to help stivvy.

Gary
    Cheers,

Update.

I wound up taking my wife to the hospital yesterday and got nothing else done. Bacterial pneumonia, and of course, being a nurse, she refused to be admitted and was treated and released, do you think they know something we don't?[].

Anyway, Dan was working on his end, but I'm behind on where he is on the official name and pay-pal email for orders. I'll get caught up today and post everything you guys need to begin your ordering. Those who have already PMd me will get personal messages with details.

Sorry for the little delay.

Gary
    Cheers,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

... do you think they know something we don't?[].

Gary
    Gary, why do you thing most people DON"T eat at the restaurant they work @ ?

I had to reply to this one, as I woke up during a major surgical procedure... don't ask

Hope your wife feels better

Cheers V.
    Remember: Speed is life!

Just thinking out loud, not ready to pull the trigger, but always loved this plane, but don't want to do all the work. What do you think a reasonable price is to have a pro builder do up one of these, without paint?
    I have had ARF jets built for me before, but this is a lot more work. Again, just thinking, not buying yet.