Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

EasyTiger's giant scale corsair

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

EasyTiger's giant scale corsair

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

subscribed
Old 03-20-2015, 12:20 PM
bignuts181

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great build. Looks like i have interesting times ahead with my corsair build. As my evolution 160-7 doesn't fit the cowl im now thinking about the DLA128 flat 4 for something a bit different. I hate cutting holes in the cowl for plug caps to stick out of.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:59 AM
dmyers0403
My Feedback: (48)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates on this build? Was the maiden ever flown?
Old 04-30-2016, 11:37 PM
Primi

Unfortunately not yet, I had some heating problems with my moki 180, I guess not enough airflow, therefore I rapped the exhaust with titanium tape this should keep the heat in the exhaust and not in the cowl therefore the air expansion will be less and will also improve airflow in the cowl. First tests were successful still have to do some more tests with increasing the air gap of the air inlet with the cowl on. Definitely won’t risk to lose the engine midair as the glide could be fast and steep. Also had to build some stands to erect the plane on the field as lifting and turning a 20kg plane is not easy and can be damaged already on the ground. I made some supports for the wings on the ground with the landing gear down in the right angle for just putting the fuse onto the wing. The wing screws can be inserted from below and all it needs is to remove the wing support and the plane is ready for takeoff.
As I still work most of the spare time on my full size plane, the modelling has to wait L. But will report any maiden hopefully soon.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:26 PM
dmyers0403
My Feedback: (48)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep us posted, very interested in results.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:28 PM
Ram-bro

so what is the final verdict on this project?
Old 12-31-2016, 09:30 PM
Primi

Originally Posted by Ram-bro
so what is the final verdict on this project?
It flies, it works it's OK, but not my favourite plane, would also not recommend further, hence is not available anymore. I guess for the size and investment I would expect more scale features, more accuracy and better workmanship! I'll try to get a clip done from a flight and upload it.
work currently on a GEE BEE R4 82" from cy models (Austars) !
Old 01-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Ram-bro

Sorry to hear that. I am looking for the canopy myself. Want to modify a ziroli corsair. Looking forward to the vid.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:16 AM
WStones

Default CY Corsair Build

Hi there, I am currently rebuilding a CY corsair that has been Hard Landed without power....uh sounds like a crash no?? Yup that is what I thought too. I am in the process of reglassing the sections that are damaged and then it will get a refit and repaint. You're right, the kit does not have much scale detail, in fact it doesnt even have guns!!! I would be curious to see where the cg is supposed to be as I have no documentation on this model at all! Thanks for the help. Will