Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Wingspan Electric retracts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Wingspan Electric retracts

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 08:28 AM
Toggle
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wingspan Electric retracts

ORIGINAL: Oberst

I have the .60-120 E-flight Electric Retracts and they are very well made and worth every penny. I put a servo retarder on one of the retract connections and it delays the function. Now it functions like the German WWII type of retract. The retracts is good for up to a 15lb aircraft, and you can also put working struts on them.

Pete
pretty much everything E-flite makes works good, Im thinking of putting them in the Electric Park Zone Spitfire and P-47 for winter time.
I normaly hand launch the the Park Zone foamies, so I dont have the goofy landing gear hanging down.
I was hoping E-flite might also make gear for the bigger heavier planes in the future,,
I also use the E-flite Power 15 in my Parkzone planes as well,,, they bolt right in, but need a 45-80 amp ESC depending how you fly,, I use a 10x10 or a 12x12 prop so I use the 80 amp.. they go really fast and lots of power..

Old 09-02-2011, 12:25 AM
christophe31

hi , guy's just a few words from France,
someone's know me, i'm the general manager of Lado, and i can tell you that we're now in stock all time, only few days some products are unable,
and since now one year , you cannot seen anywhere that we haven't supplied what modelers have paid for.... is the French Touch!!!! lol.

we can now retract legs in about 3sec, and have also an high torque design, witch one lift 450g of wheels on 25cm legs without problem, see my youtube channel for:[link=http://www.youtube.com/user/christophe31000]channel LADO[/link]

you can supply them with your receiver or up to 2s lipos.

all our cases are cnc cutting with high precision machining in aeronautical industry aluminium this allow you the best choice ever.

we have complete set(RS333/RS999/ RS999XL/RS999XXL)( the last two coming in september fro heavier plane) and available in many angles 74°/77°/85°/90°/95°/100° and i can do some offset angle like on the picture to fit in Ziroli warbirds.
our production can now handle plane from 1kg to 30kg.....

we working now on some very pleasant solution like Door actuators( available in end september) and other good things.... but it's an secret....!!!
and of course i'm on many forum to answer to the modeler's in UK/ AUSTRALIA/ FRANCE/ GERMANY/ITALY, and it takes me many times...

Old 09-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Oberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: christophe31

hi , guy's just a few words from France,
someone's know me, i'm the general manager of Lado, and i can tell you that we're now in stock all time, only few days some products are unable,
and since now one year , you cannot seen anywhere that we haven't supplied what modelers have paid for.... is the French Touch!!!! lol.

we can now retract legs in about 3sec, and have also an high torque design, witch one lift 450g of wheels on 25cm legs without problem, see my youtube channel for:[link=http://www.youtube.com/user/christophe31000]channel LADO[/link]

you can supply them with your receiver or up to 2s lipos.

all our cases are cnc cutting with high precision machining in aeronautical industry aluminium this allow you the best choice ever.

we have complete set(RS333/RS999/ RS999XL/RS999XXL)( the last two coming in september fro heavier plane) and available in many angles 74°/77°/85°/90°/95°/100° and i can do some offset angle like on the picture to fit in Ziroli warbirds.
our production can now handle plane from 1kg to 30kg.....

we working now on some very pleasant solution like Door actuators( available in end september) and other good things.... but it's an secret....!!!
and of course i'm on many forum to answer to the modeler's in UK/ AUSTRALIA/ FRANCE/ GERMANY/ITALY, and it takes me many times...

Nice. But I'm one of those in America who only buy American distributed products. I try not to order anything direct because usually the shipping costs more than the product itself, and then sometimes the product gets hung up at the boarder with security. Plus banks can screw up the money exchange, and they do from time to time from what I have experienced in the past.

So for me I just stay E-flight for my .60-120 and hope they come out for the larger scale. E-flight has everyone beat in the price department and the quality is up there like the rest of them on the market.

I don't like having to buy retracts, then have them shipped to have them re-made or converted to electric, then being charged again for the conversion plus all that shipping and handling that's involved. I'll leave that method to the people that have a lot of money and time to F@rt around with.

That's just me.

Pete
Old 09-02-2011, 07:45 AM
JurassicJet
My Feedback: (3)

Oberst......

I agree with you but isn't Magnum Rc magnumrc.com/lado-electric-retracts-lado-electric-retracts-c-41_7.html the US distributor. I haven't looked real close to see if they have most stuff in stock or not...

Just sayin'
Old 09-02-2011, 09:55 AM
christophe31

yes Magnum is our US distributor, but unfortunatly , until end september his stock issue will be low, as we wait to have the surprise to provide them to him...
you'll need to wait 3 weeks....
but it's for a Good reason....lol
Old 09-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Toggle
My Feedback: (13)

I sent you an email with some measurements and weights of my Sierra retracts 1/4.5 scale.
Im hoping i can use your new retracts with the Sierra struts I currently have and i can sell the sierra retract mechanism.
If not Im hoping you can convert them.
After watching your video with all the wheels taped together on the RS-999 it looks like theres plenty of power and torque.
Im weighting to get retracts before I continue building on the plane so I can position stuff accordingly for the C.G. balance.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:53 PM
WSRetracts

Hi Everyone,

I am the owner of WingSpan Retracts and I will be happy to answer any questions about our products. WingSpan Retracts offers superior quality electric retracts with a far greater value than any of our competitors.<u1></u1><o></o>

<u1></u1>All of our products have some very unique features, highlighted below are just a few of them.

<o></o>

<u1></u1>1.Widevarietyof strut sizes:Our standard electric retracts accept 1/2" diameter struts and through adapters can accept5/32", 3/8" struts. Our competitors inthis class only accept wire struts.

<o></o>

<u1></u1>2.Smart SenseTechnology:Our electric retracts can detect the position state they are in at boot up, so you willnever have to fear a gearcollapseif your radioisinadvertentlyturn on with the gear switch in the up position.

<o></o>

<u1></u1>3.IndependentlyReversible:Each electric retract unit can be independently reversed from each other or from the radio state. For most configurations this is not needed but for those that doit is built right in to our product. So there is no need fo rseparatereverseelectronics to get the perfect configuration.

<o></o>

<u1></u1>4.Built-in Delay:Again all of our electric retracts have the capability to delay the retract sequence built right in to each retract. There is no need to purchase a separate sequencing controller to achieve scale like appearance seen in many WWII planes. Our standard retracts and actuators feature a 4 second delay and our rotating and future tailwheel retracts will feature a 2 second delay.

<o></o>

<u1></u1>5.Vibration & Shock Isolated Micro PCB:Unlike our competitors our controllers are completely enclosed to prevent any possible damage to the sensitive electronics. They are also not hard mounted so they are shock & vibration isolated from the housings to extend the life and reliability of the electronics.

<o></o>

<u1></u1>6.Over Current Protection:Most electric retracts have a single over current protection scheme in the form of current sensing but only WingSpan Retracts provides two over current protection schemes for enhanced reliability. Our primary scheme is current sensing but in addition to this we have a secondary scheme that times out after a predetermined interval.

<o></o>

<u1></u1>7.Scale Like Speed:One of the biggest complaints with air retracts is that they are too fast, that they slam up and down. So our electric retracts were primarily designed to achievescale like retracts speeds for WWII planes. While the speed can be varied somewhat by voltage we realize that not everyone wants or needs the scale like speed so we will also have faster retract cycle available as an option in the weeks to come.

<o></o>

<u1></u1>8.VALUE: Besides these great features listed above I believe our best feature is our price. We offer a more feature rich high quality product at a lower price than our competitors. Plus with free shipping within the US and low cost shipping to the rest of the world WingSpan Retracts can save you more money. On top of that we back our products with the best customer support and a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee with a 1 Year Warranty.

<o></o>

<u1></u1>9.Availability:Another huge complaint with many other electric retracts companies has been availability. Either they're never in stock or you place an order and have to wait sometimes months before they ship. That is not the case with WingSpan Retracts, once our products are released they are available in quantity so you won't have to wait for them to come back in to stock or wait months to be delivered.

<o></o>

I believe we have the best electric retracts on the market and want the world to know, so look for our ads in many popular publications in the coming months. Look for big things to come as we continue to develop new feature rich products.

<o></o>

If you have any questions feel free to email [email protected], callme at 678-733-5403 or I can answer them here.

<o></o>

Michael

<o></o>

<u1></u1>
Old 09-19-2011, 05:59 PM
JurassicJet

Micheal:

I had talked to you a month or so ago about utilizing your retracts in my JHH Kfir build. You mentioned that the retract speed was too slow for a jet but were working on a version with a retract speed of 6 seconds or so. I was wondering if you were still working on that or how it was coming along?

Also, for anyone that has purchased Wingspan retracts...... how are they working??

Thanks

Neil
Old 09-19-2011, 08:41 PM
john534

Hi guys,
Just got my tricycle ESM conversion actuators from Michael. Great guy to work with, he told me he was updating the software for the retracts and then they would ship.... to his word I got them late last week Thanks Mike! The units are very nice quality and have fit into my ESM Pilatus retracts very nicely with a minimum of modifications. I have cycled them, and so far, all is working smooth and good!

Once I get this up in the air, I will let you all know how they are working.

John
Old 09-20-2011, 04:08 AM
Revy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard Michael!

Well, I have a set on their way! I had some hiccups with the stand alone actuators, but that has been resolved. WSR customer service is top notch for sure!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:38 PM
WSRetracts

ORIGINAL: JurassicJet

Micheal:

I had talked to you a month or so ago about utilizing your retracts in my JHH Kfir build. You mentioned that the retract speed was too slow for a jet but were working on a version with a retract speed of 6 seconds or so. I was wondering if you were still working on that or how it was coming along?

Also, for anyone that has purchased Wingspan retracts...... how are they working??

Thanks

Neil
Yes the new components are being manufactured now and should be available in about 2 to 3 weeks. We will then be able to offer two different speeds in our Standard Electric Retracts with the new version having a retract cycle of less than 5 seconds. The faster cycle version will not cost any more, so both speeds will be the same low price of $174.95 for the Standard Electric Retracts with free shipping in the US. Our Electric Actuatorswill also be available in a faster version for the low price of $149.95 for a pair or $224.95 for a tricycle set.

Michael
WingSpan Retracts

Old 09-21-2011, 09:36 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Any idea on when the rotating set will be available?
Old 09-22-2011, 05:54 AM
WSRetracts

Hi,

The rotating retracts will probably go on sale this weekend 9/25/11 with delivery starting middle to late next week depending on the number of orders recieved. I also just got news that the components for the faster cycle retracts should ship tomorrow or Monday so those to should also go on sale at the same time.

Michael
WingSpan Retracts
Old 09-22-2011, 10:10 AM
JurassicJet

ORIGINAL: WSRetracts

Hi,

The rotating retracts will probably go on sale this weekend 9/25/11 with delivery starting middle to late next week depending on the number of orders recieved. I also just got news that the components for the faster cycle retracts should ship tomorrow or Monday so those to should also go on sale at the same time.

Michael
WingSpan Retracts
SWEEET!!!

Old 09-22-2011, 01:56 PM
stevenmax50
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Oberst

I have the .60-120 E-flight Electric Retracts and they are very well made and worth every penny. I put a servo retarder on one of the retract connections and it delays the function. Now it functions like the German WWII type of retract. The retracts is good for up to a 15lb aircraft, and you can also put working struts on them.

Pete
Where might Ibe able to pick up some of those working struts? Ihave the 60 size e-flights on a p-51. It is the 1/7th scale and Idid not put doors on it. Iwanted to learn on this one and then graduate to the 1/4 scale. Then Iwant to do sequenced doors. But Icould add struts to this one now.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:56 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

There are nice, affordable struts available at Magnum RC. That's where I get all of mine from.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:01 PM
JurassicJet

[/quote]

Yes the new components are being manufactured now and should be available in about 2 to 3 weeks. We will then be able to offer two different speeds in our Standard Electric Retracts with the new version having a retract cycle of less than 5 seconds. The faster cycle version will not cost any more, so both speeds will be the same low price of $174.95 for the Standard Electric Retracts with free shipping in the US. Our Electric Actuatorswill also be available in a faster version for the low price of $149.95 for a pair or $224.95 for a tricycle set.

Michael
WingSpan Retracts

[/quote]

Michael....

that price of $224 seems to be lower than the combo package on your website.... but I do realize that the combo is for a tailwheel. I can't even find the single nosewheel selection on your website. Also, under the combo section the description is all screwed up.... looks like a bunch of jibberish. Soooo.... is it really $224 for a set of 3 standard (high speed) retracts?

Neil

Old 09-22-2011, 07:26 PM
sam@ata
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well after spending bucks on the 60-120 E-Flite set i now find these from Wingspan. I would like your opion on getting a set that would fit a WoWplanes 74" A-10 which call for SpringAir 205HD tricycle set using 3/8" Robart struts. The problem i am faced with is that i can not find no valve like the UP-5 to control retract cycle time. So i bought some E-Flite retracts BUT....... the mountings are wrong. The wowplanes requires a "top" flange to be mounted to the bottom of the wing and the nose gear mount has "bottom" flanges.
Just the opposite from standard type mountings. The E-flite retracts are also fast in retract speed and a 6-8 sec cycle time would be great. Youmight have seen the effect i am shooting for, A-10 starts at far end and breaks ground, stays low while retracting gear then pulls up at far opposite end. Oh how sweet that would look.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:34 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Toggle

yes,,, they convert them,, (they convert them or you can convert them yourself)
I have Sierra retracts im having converted for a 102'' wing span P-47 Thunderbolt from Century Jet Models,
and im getting the Robart retracts for a Topflite Giant P-40,
I will use Robart tail wheel retract also.
I will save this thread and stay subscribed, and when I have the retracts in the airplane,
I will take some pictures amd also add a video to You Tube.
But,,, you will have to wait until the winter months, as I fly in summer and build in winter. (snows here in MN)

LADO offers both, full set of retracts, and conversions, and I was just about ready to go with them, but they never seemed to have products in stock, and I also read on RCU forums and a couple other websites forums about people waiting months to get stuff after they paid, and even sending there gear out to get converted and having time issues,,,, I dont like to be negative or post negative info if at all possible, but i always do research on companies im not familiar with or that are new, and that is what i found,,, Im ''guessing'' it was because they were new and small company, and you know how things go in this world,,,
people will always elaborate and complain about problems, but usually never bother to take time and tell you about how good something was because they expect it.
With that said, I am not trying to bad mouth LADO, im just passing along info i found.
Our Meister 102" P-47 with CJ gear converted to electric by Down & Locked.

Gear up www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUplefDaYcM

Gear down www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-68fLk73H4

The plane also is equipped with the D&L sequencer.

The motors have transmissions in them. They are NOT direct drive. The jack screws have a friction reducing baked on coating.

Also notice the scale stagger that is possible to program in. It never changes. Totally predictable.

50 flight on her now, and we will be back at Monster Planes again this year.

Mitch just finished converting our 110" F4U Sierra gear to electric.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:04 AM
JurassicJet

What did you use to run the inner gear doors Ram?
Old 09-23-2011, 05:49 AM
WSRetracts

Michael....

that price of $224 seems to be lower than the combo package on your website.... but I do realize that the combo is for a tailwheel. I can't even find the single nosewheel selection on your website. Also, under the combo section the description is all screwed up.... looks like a bunch of jibberish. Soooo.... is it really $224 for a set of 3 standard (high speed) retracts?

Neil

Neil,

The $224.95 price is for a set of three electric actuators and not for a tricycle set of our standard electric retacts. The combo packages include either a standard or rotating electric retract and a tailwheel which are all individually priced higher than the electric actuators. The text in the combo package description is a placeholder for the final text and needs to be updated. As for a nose wheel retracts that will become available next week and will be posted on the web site very soon. Once the nose retract is in production it will be available individually or as part of a tricycle set. I hope that clears up any confusion you might have.

Michael
WingSpan Retracts

Old 09-23-2011, 05:58 AM
JurassicJet

Yes, that clears it up.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2011, 03:04 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

What did you use to run the inner gear doors Ram?
We started out with Hitec servos that we could slow down with a programer. That is what is shown in the video. Since, we have determined that air is better on the doors, and we have installed air cylinders from Shullman Aviation.

Servos need set with definite end points and are basically at idle at those points. Not the best for doors. They need pressure at both ends to keep them up and down in the slip stream.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:24 PM
prop wash

I have a H9 P47 GS that is about 17 lbs and HATE the retracts that came with it.The JR 791 servo's are very strong but they don't hold up.They work fine on the ground but strip a gear for no reason.I was wondering if any one of these companies can retro fit or have a set that will drop in??Tom
Old 09-30-2011, 06:03 AM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: prop wash

I have a H9 P47 GS that is about 17 lbs and HATE the retracts that came with it.The JR 791 servo's are very strong but they don't hold up.They work fine on the ground but strip a gear for no reason.I was wondering if any one of these companies can retro fit or have a set that will drop in??Tom
To have a decent set of retracts for the H9 P-47 you will have to buy Sierra or Robart gear then have them retrofitted for electric.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.