RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

RCV 90 SP in a warbird?

Old 09-15-2011, 12:00 PM
andym817

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RCV 90 SP in a warbird?

I ended up with one of the old KMP B-25s with an 83" wingspan NIB. With the plane I also got two RCV 90SP engines. I am a little concerned about the performance of these engines since this is already a heavy bird and these are really heavy engines. I have a full cockpit kit to go with it also. Has anyone tried this combo yet? I put a 120 SP in my ESM Stuka and she barely flew with a 20x12 APC. I'm moving down to an 18x12 or a 16x16 on that one to get the speed up a little.

I posted in the twins section but got no response so I'mm trying here as well.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:07 PM
MinnFlyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RCV 90 SP in a warbird?

You might consider going to a smaller pitch to get more power, rather than a larger pitch.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:14 PM
nilsreinert123

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i had my rcv 90 sp in a 60 size corsair using a 15.75 3 blade apc prop ,thats a perfect prop, i used a perry oscilating pump. It provided a lot of power and torque for this plane, and i was pleased with the engine. But you must build cooling duct for the engine ,which makes it more complex than a normal engine. Also i had to be careful with the throttle at low revs. or i could die..

If it does'nt get enough cooling or enough fuel it is a terrible engine

I am thinkng of using it in my FW 190 D9 now. but it is difficult to build the cooling arrangement.. It also vibrate and mess a lot , so its not easy to decide !
Old 09-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Earhole51

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nilsreinert123

i had my rcv 90 sp in a 60 size corsair using a 15.75 3 blade apc prop ,thats a perfect prop, i used a perry oscilating pump. It provided a lot of power and torque for this plane, and i was pleased with the engine. But you must build cooling duct for the engine ,which makes it more complex than a normal engine. Also i had to be careful with the throttle at low revs. or i could die..

If it does'nt get enough cooling or enough fuel it is a terrible engine

I am thinkng of using it in my FW 190 D9 now. but it is difficult to build the cooling arrangement.. It also vibrate and mess a lot , so its not easy to decide !
Nilsreinert123,

Can you tell me which Perry pump you are using? Can you show a picture of your mounting? Also, does this mean you can eliminate the backpressure tube from the exhaust? Thanks

Search this Thread