Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ESM 50cc ME-109

Ram what do you think about this engine mount system...seems ok but until I start the build I'm interested in your opinion about it
    "Go low if you wanna make a show"
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seriously new to me. However it will make centering everything a little easier. Once I get my spinners, I'll get going on that area. Looks from previous post that it needed extending with wood for the DLE engine. I'm still trying to find a pitts muffler for this.
    "IF" I'd stop staring at them, I'd get more done to them.
    Platt FW190, Holman FW190, Meister FW190, SIST FW190, TF FW190.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The muffler is definitely an issue....I'm going to Jtec once I get measurement...concealment is going to be impossible with a DA85....best I will do is to minimize the size
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I learned that the part I've been calling the armored headrest is actually called the galland panzer..and is used in many different version from the G3 to the G14 so even if you're not flipping your canopy to a later version, depending on the one you chose, it can be used..

Any hoo.. I misplaced my control stick in the kaos of building the canopy and have started on the gun sight.. My pilot is secured and Thanks to the floor from Ty's cockpit, he stands much taller as his feet are positioned in the groves which pushed him up. Cncealment of my muffler is a must as well. I plan on doing some detailing to that oil cooler air intake area under the cowling and having a muffler in the way would be ugly.[&o]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok Ram I'm all eyes I'm betting that whatever you come up with for the cowl will be worth waiting for.....p40 gets balanced this weekend before Christmas day...thanks Ram and Merry Christmas
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A little more progress today. On my FW190, switch location was easy but I couldn't figure out where to place them on this. After a little research, I learned that these had a hatch behind the Galland Panzer for pilot storage.. so thats where they went. Figure the cockpit is a hatch so why not put it to good use since the canopy opens Ill just place this on the wing instead of the ground and with a few extentions, this shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us54300.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	1703242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh17276.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	1703243   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Da83304.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	1703244  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Ram.....seriously valuable stuff.....I love it. How does the canopy stay latch down ?
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought some hinges on site and used two of them to secure it. Really simple setup after thinking about it for several days.. I have to buy more as one was damaged due to stupidity![:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RAM...That is a great placement of your rec/eng switch. If i were to do an open/closecockpitthat would work. I am working on my ty cockpit justas a static unit.Being that Ty ment for it to work if I were to do an electric set-up. Well let me get back to my forum (Winter Camo JU-87).
    Tuskegee
    U.S.Army(ret.)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Been busy here in Ohio,noticed a DLE 55 on here and wondering if a
       22/10 three blade is the prop of choice?I am still going with the OS
       55gt and planning a 22/10 three. Also noticed a poll for a Tru-Turn
       spinner,count me in there!! Phenominal work and  knowledge by all
       posting ,thank you!
                                                                          Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I took some time today to mount the hatch to the fuse and after looking at the instructions, I decidedd to go another route. Instead of using bolts to mount, I made a latch from some 1/4 in brass square, carbon rod, steel rod to support the carbon rod, bic pen spring and some G10. Took several hours to complete. I placed this a little off centered of the fuse centerline just for ease. I'd like to have placed it center and made the little round antena to cover the latch.

I also used steel hollow rod instead of the wood ones supplied and beefed the area up more! I'll take some aeropoxy to all of these areas later and let them cure overnight. This setup is rock solid! Also, the little white latch secures my canopy, one of two, both front and rear.

I start school Monday.. so this is all for some time. Good luck on your builds.

Name:	Hf97735.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	1706582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj23631.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	1706583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf10268.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	1706584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv65211.jpg 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	1706585   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf98390.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	1706586  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl28577.jpg 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	1706587  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Ram...are you going to school or teaching school?? I thought this was your classroom Nice job on the canopy latch...Is the lever something that could be camo as an antenna or something?
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey tdog...that 3 blade 22x10 is going to be a little toooooooo much for your 55cc...better go to a 19x10 if you are wanting a 3 blade
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: n8622t

Hey Ram...are you going to school or teaching school?? I thought this was your classroom Nice job on the canopy latch...Is the lever something that could be camo as an antenna or something?
    I'm going to school.. and seriously learning on this bird. So much information, it's easily overwhelming. I'll be looking at my aerodetail later to see what I can get away with but I won't be able to do anything to it for some time unless the next few days schedule changes..[] the lever if nothing else will be cut down to size and painted. I keep wanting to ask Ty about those fuse and wing blisters he posted but know I shouldn't as this would change if I had them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, I had a little more time to build this direction finding loop antenna with the hopes of it conceiling the latch but the latch has more strenght to open then I thought and the antenna would eventually break. The antenna's placement is almost correct per the aerodetail in the picture which is another reason the latch couldnt be hidden by it. All hind sight[]

Happy Hew Year!!!

Name:	Us54620.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	1707713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us54483.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	1707714  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I believe this question was asked sometime before, without a reply... but has any one flown one of these? Is there a video available? I've searched You Tube and haven't been able to locate anything?

Oriole

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I believe that when that question can be answered, it will be and I'm sure they'll post the information everyones interested in knowing.. Me being a builder like most, I don't understand why someone would spend thousands on their model in a rush to fly it without enjoying the build?

It's such a nice plane with so much potential...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not like its going to happen for some time.. I picked up a set of Glennis wheels on RCU as I plan to detail the wings and figured, why not! also, they'll just look better.

School is in and my professors are throwing me into the fire already and I have ten more week on the subjects.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ramstein44

Ok, I had a little more time to build this direction finding loop antenna with the hopes of it conceiling the latch but the latch has more strenght to open then I thought and the antenna would eventually break. The antenna's placement is almost correct per the aerodetail in the picture which is another reason the latch couldnt be hidden by it. All hind sight[]

Happy Hew Year!!!
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Thats a master stroke Ram...Im looking forward to duplicating your mods. I organized and swept my shop out today so Im ready to start the 109. Ive had the fuse laying out for some time now and it just hit me while I was cleaning today that this is a two piece wing[X(] Man...that just cut a week of building out for me I will lay everything out tomorrow and start getting organized....class is now in session and my arm is up Ram...lol
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Awesome.. I look forward to seeing your progress.. let me know if there's anything I can help you with as for documentation, this aerodetail is awesome. When I find the time, I'll strip the wings and start on the inner flaps and radiators. I really wanted to get on that engine but it looks like that'll be one of the last areas for me until the spinners come in.. Hopefully I have the funds

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Ty, tell me about those fuse gun and wing bulges for the "k" variant again..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I believe that when that question can be answered, it will be and I'm sure they'll post the information everyones interested in knowing.. Me being a builder like most, I don't understand why someone would spend thousands on their model in a rush to fly it without enjoying the build?

I understand, but usually the distributor or someone tied/close to the distributor (as a marketing tool) posts a video not long after the Arf's release. Kinverflyer often posts video for YT International Warbirds.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been waiting for someone to post a flying report on this plane. I don't want to buy a plane and then have to deal with overly tricky take-off or landing characteristics. Yes, I know scale planes usually are tricky, but you know some are better than others. I have heard that BF-109s can be a handfull, with the narrow landing gear and such.

I need to hear from someone who has actually flown THIS plane, not something 'like' it.

It is an incredible accomplishment, for a company to produce an ARF airplane that looks this good right out of the box. I just hope it flies as well.
    It\'s like a Koala Bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Be patient my young Padowan
    Time flies like a brick thru the window of life.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: oriole

I understand, but usually the distributor or someone tied/close to the distributor (as a marketing tool) posts a video not long after the Arf's release. Kinverflyer often posts video for YT International Warbirds.

I think I was the first to post a video of the ESM Fw-190 Dora that was released after this 109 came out. It took me nearly 4-5 months from when the was released to get it flying and I'm not in any way, shape or form tied/close to any of the distributors...

The same problem happened on the Fw-190 thread where people expect the average guy at home to fill their needs to see the model fly NOW, but people were being quite a bit ruder about it... the model will fly as soon as the guy who put the money down on this models is ready for it to fly. You want to see it fly sooner? then put the money down yourself and fly it, or harrass the manufacture who released the model. It's not the responsibility of the guys building here to fill "YOUR" needs to see it flying or make a sale for someone else. They are sold as ARF's but there is actually an amazing, time consuming amount of work still left to do on these models to get them flying. When you think ARF and low wing 4 channel sports model, you think, should only be a couple of nights work, right? these larger more complex models and require far more work to get done.

Keep at it guy's. I'm also watching in the background and waiting to see how it goes.

Thanks

dave

P.s. RAM, what happened??letting an Fw go for a 109? you've changed.

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast