Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

ESM Planes - RIPOFF!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM Planes - RIPOFF!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:21 AM
Whistling Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM Planes - RIPOFF!

ORIGINAL: 91zulu

And for all those that want to sit back and not ROCK THE BOAT shame on you..[>:]

PS
And the RIGHT SPINNERS too, not just any piece of crap to shut us up.
Nothing wrong with rocking the boat but if I were ESM and I saw a thread titled "ESM Planes - RIPOFF!" followed by a rant attacking them and fellow RCU members like the OP did I wouldn't give it a second thought.

A little tact goes a long way.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:24 PM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't speak for anyone else, but what I mean by "what is your time worth" is, what would you have to pay somebody else to do what you are doing now. And at the same level of quality.

That's kind of the point of ARF's, don't you think? You are paying for a model that is 75% (more or less) finished. Somebody else has done a lot of the work towards a completed model.

Wouldn't you expect to pay more for a finished model airplane than you would for a pile of wood, plastic, fiberglass, servos, engine, and such?

Work always has value, even if you are working just for yourself.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:45 AM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

And for all those that want to sit back and not ROCK THE BOAT shame on you..[>:]

PS
Nothing wrong with rocking the boat but if I were ESM and I saw a thread titled ''ESM Planes - RIPOFF!'' followed by a rant attacking them and fellow RCU members like the OP did I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Hey Whistling Death, just where did I specifically degrade or flame any RCU member? It's amazing that you tend to show up in just about every RCU thread, but only to incite and not to offer anything constructive. I respect your right to make comments but I do not respect your saying that I attacked other members of RCU. I doubt that you even own an ESM plane so let's see what ya got or are you just "Whistling Dixie"? I would hope that ESM would read these threads, but they don't. The distributors of ESM do read them but as long as people will pay them for the kits they have, they won't rock the boat either. Define "tact" please.

Happy Flying!

Loopman [>:]
Old 10-13-2011, 05:35 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57968.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1673760  
Old 10-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: Loopman

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

PS
Nothing wrong with rocking the boat but if I were ESM and I saw a thread titled ''ESM Planes - RIPOFF!'' followed by a rant attacking them and fellow RCU members like the OP did I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Hey Whistling Death, just where did I specifically degrade or flame any RCU member? It's amazing that you tend to show up in just about every RCU thread, but only to incite and not to offer anything constructive. I respect your right to make comments but I do not respect your saying that I attacked other members of RCU. I doubt that you even own an ESM plane so let's see what ya got or are you just ''Whistling Dixie''? I would hope that ESM would read these threads, but they don't. The distributors of ESM do read them but as long as people will pay them for the kits they have, they won't rock the boat either. Define ''tact'' please.

Happy Flying!

Loopman [>:]
You said "Yeah, some of you dyed in the wool know it alls will tell me if I don't like the product don't buy it, but I'm just sick and tired of spending hundreds of dollars on an incomplete kit". You may not think that is an insult but some will.

I own three ESM planes. An all composite Stuka, a Corsair and a Bearcat. That enough?

Showing up in just about every RCU thread is a bit of an over statement don't you think? Trying to prove a point by lying about me will not help your case any.

Tact:
1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.
2. a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful, or aesthetically pleasing; taste; discrimination.
3. touch or the sense of touch.

Good luck in your campaign against ESM.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:00 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

It's a shame that discussions like this can't be settled like REAL MEN.. Mano y Mano, in the air!! A duel at 500 feet! Flying your ass off trying to avoid being killed while downing your foe... now THAT's how to settle things!.. LOL
Old 10-13-2011, 10:49 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: BobH

It's a shame that discussions like this can't be settled like REAL MEN.. Mano y Mano, in the air!! A duel at 500 feet! Flying your ass off trying to avoid being killed while downing your foe... now THAT's how to settle things!.. LOL
Old 10-13-2011, 02:20 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a shame to have a discussion about ARFs in the warbirds forum.

Let's get a grip. MOF, let's take a break on this. It's become a discussion about each other and ARFs versus scratch building. It may be piling up the post counts but it's not appropriate nor constructive.

Why are there so many so interested in spitting contests? Pissed off at work? Work it off somewhere else.

The spitting contest is over.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83204.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1673893