Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:49 AM
JoeSpitfire
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Reporting for duty. Sign me up!

JoeSpitfire
Old 02-15-2012, 02:35 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have another great design to consider. This comes from another one of our Spitfire Brotherhood squadron members.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 04:47 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

I like the design, nice and simple, perhaps less busy without all the flags of the countries; post images of the designs and call for a vote.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: WARBIRDRCER

We have another great design to consider. This comes from another one of our Spitfire Brotherhood squadron members.

Thanks

Oooh, I'm all over that one. Just make sure to get them in XX or XXX!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:15 PM
WARBIRDRCER

ORIGINAL: MajorTomski

We'll try to have some preliminary art work for the shirt by Tues the 21st (funny how a federal holiday enables that to happen )
We still have another one coming to look at first.

Thanks all
Old 02-15-2012, 05:18 PM
jet22b

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MajorTomski

We'll try to have some preliminary art work for the shirt by Tues the 21st (funny how a federal holiday enables that to happen )
We still have another one coming to look at first.

Thanks all
+1

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 02-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Brad330l
My Feedback: (1)

I like it.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Medium for me

Brad
Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 PM
cardvdsupplier
Banned

Hello, everyone, my name is Jim from China, like the car, and accessories inside the car is also very interested, because I do car dvd Wholesale.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:37 PM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks
Wouldn't the Spitfire look better in the air than on the ground? I like the back design. I would rather have a small logo on the left front chest...front design is good. Just my .02.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Warbirdguy

Me too on the small logo on front. If there is a pocket, then along the top edge of the pocket. If not, then on the left chest where a pocket would go

Ill wait till all the designs are in to cast my vote.

WBG
Old 02-17-2012, 07:46 PM
mad web tv scientist

Dear WARBIRDRCER, Good to see things moving along nicely. I hate to be a nuisance, but my newest warbird uses a 1000Kv brushless .25 motor and I have been unable to find any authoritative information about safe burst current. Could you or another heoric Spitfire Brotherhood pilot help me out here. I must be able to satiate my addiction for maximum safe power, you understand.

Turns out the battery I had some question about seems to behaving normally now. Soon as the weather cooperates the battle plan is to go with props that force the .25 to draw around 44 amps burst current. I'm hoping that the larger diameter lower pitch props will produce enough air speed to allow adequate maneuvering performance. I would love to be able to use higher pitch props but won't unless I get some favorable information about safely being able to do so.

Thanks,

Out.

[]
__________________________________________________ __
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARDPORTER4/CALLTOGLORY

__________________________________________________ __
Spitfire Brotherhood # 64 - Post # 407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Chirchill relevancy to modeling -
Old 02-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Saburo Sakai

Thank you for this wonderful thread that brings us together in a shared love!
Old 02-19-2012, 04:27 PM
WARBIRDRCER

mad web tv scientist,

I do not have a lot of time with RC electrics except for some of the Parkzone stuff. But your question did spike an interest, so I conducted a goggle search and this is what I discovered. http://www.********.com/forum/showth...Current-Set-Up . Do not know if this will help, but seems to imply the prop is the determining factor where burst current in concerned. Hope this helps with your question.

I did just order a new electric Spitfire. Some local pilots want to hold some pylon races using the 600mm series warbirds from Hobby King at http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...-Warbirds.html .

Old 02-19-2012, 06:53 PM
stimul8tor
My Feedback: (8)

Just wondering if anyone settled on the shirt?
Brother # 67
Old 02-20-2012, 03:22 PM
bonemadderek

Anyone flying an ESM Spitfire? Thinking about getting one and would like to know if a DLE20 would do the job.
Thanks
Derek
Spitfire Brotherhood #46
Old 02-20-2012, 06:02 PM
WARBIRDRCER

ORIGINAL: bonemadderek

Anyone flying an ESM Spitfire? Thinking about getting one and would like to know if a DLE20 would do the job.
Thanks
Derek
Spitfire Brotherhood #46
Derek,

If you are referring to the 72.5†wingspan Spitfire the DLE-20 would fly it if you can keep the weight down around the 13 pound weight range ESM advertises, but it will most likely be lacking some performance would be my guess.

One of my flying friends put a DLE-20 on a scratch built Mauler that has a comparable wing area that weighed 16 pounds, and it took all the 20 had to get it aloft and stayed with it to the crash site. On the other hand, I have an Evolution 26 gas on a 16 pound 60 size Dave Platt T-28, it took several years and several rebuilds to prefect this weight, but it fly’s the plane with authority. The engine is as reliable as any DLE I or any of my flying friends own, and will haul the mail.

My choice would be the 30cc DLE if not the Evolution 26, or one with equal available power.

Hope this helps,
Old 02-20-2012, 06:06 PM
WARBIRDRCER

ORIGINAL: stimul8tor

Just wondering if anyone settled on the shirt?
Brother # 67
Not yet Stimul8tor, we have one more design coming in from Major Tom, and then we will pull all ideas together to finalize a design.
Thanks for asking, I hope to run into some of the Brotherhood while out and about because of the shirts.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM
bonemadderek

That's what I figured, the saying here would be that I'm asking answers. I put my H9 Spit into terra firma this week (terra firma won, no surprise) and am starting to look around for a replacement Spit, have an OS FS110 and a DLE 20 as powerplants but there seems to be no 60 size arfs around, maybe it's time to try my hand at a kit build? How does the TF Spitfire fly?

Derek
Spitfire Brotherhood #46
Old 02-21-2012, 05:02 PM
WARBIRDRCER

That's what I figured, the saying here would be that I'm asking answers. I put my H9 Spit into terra firma this week (terra firma won, no surprise) and am starting to look around for a replacement Spit, have an OS FS110 and a DLE 20 as powerplants but there seems to be no 60 size arfs around, maybe it's time to try my hand at a kit build? How does the TF Spitfire fly?

Derek
Spitfire Brotherhood #46
The Hanger 9 ARF is a good choice. I always replaced the gear with Robart air retracts and Robo struts to remove the only weak link I discovered in the Hanger 9 series aircraft. Basically all the Hanger 9 planes are TF. However, I have never owned an ARF that was as durable as a kit built plane. No stones please, just my observation. Also a few friends flew these aircraft with the DLE-20’s with great success.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...60-arf-HAN4250

Then there is the world models Spitfire at http://www.theworldmodels.com/para/p...?airplaneid=35
and it fly’s great with a 90 size 4 stroke. A friend has one now and it has been a solid plane for him, landing gear and all.

I do recommend building, and if you were to build the TF Spitfire you would find the DLE-20 is a perfect match. The performance is great and the reliability of the combo is top of the line.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:33 PM
jet22b

Derek;
Sorry to hear you lost your spit.[][] I was just on Tower Hobbies wesite looking at the TF Spit kit. Now that I have tons of time to build, I am thinking very hard about that kit.
What ever you do, just know the brotherhood is right here!!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 02-21-2012, 06:58 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

derek ... look into ESM  spit fire ... Wish I had bought one ..
Old 02-21-2012, 07:09 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Thanks
Derek
Spitfire Brotherhood #46
Derek,

I forgot to tell you about the Nitro Models Spitfires

http://www.nitroplanes.com/spitfire.html
Old 02-22-2012, 10:17 AM
mad web tv scientist

#1, thank you for your response. Out maneuvering enemy hackers in the continuing web warfare has taken more time than unusual. I tried to respond to your post a number of times but my security scanning defences were not up to the task at hand until maybe now. If this short message will post, I shall return to enjoy sharing some edifying thoughts.

Further web research and my own testing seems to suggest that my .25 size 1000Kv brushless motor will withstand the heat stress of at least brief periods of 50 amps burst power. I will try to be a little more conservative with the throttle than is necessary with the wild flying capabilities of my "supercharged" Park Flyer fighters.

Speaking of supercharging, except for the need for higher pitch props, inordinately high altitude is a piece of cake with electric power. For example, my Mk IX Spit took off and landed on a Continental Divide parking lot at 12,200 feet density altitude. At around two (2) miles altitude my "variable pitch" equipped F4F (see Wildcat thread for report) performed all of my favorite maneuvers normally performed down on the deck. Given the higher ground speed my SE5 fllying in over a 20% reduction of air density with a higher pitch prop at over a mile high altitude seemed to fly even better than it does at sea level with its lower pitch prop.

Better not push my luck any further for now.

Out.

[] [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

__________________________________________________ _
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

__________________________________________________ _
Spitfire Brotherhood # 64 - Post # 407 - Battle of Britain Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -
Old 02-22-2012, 12:36 PM
bonemadderek

As much as I'd like to pick up an ESM Spitfire, it's a bit too large for my flying field and would definitely be pushing the envelope. Gonna wait until Horizon Hobby has the H9 Spit back in stock (May) though it would be nice if TF brought one out as a 60 size ARF Maybe a H9 P47 while I'm waiting....Forgive me my brothers if I have sinned.....

Derek
Spitfire Brotherhood #46
Old 02-22-2012, 02:45 PM
jet22b

Derek
You are a brother and always be one!!! I have been looking at the H9 P47 myself. I am looking to build a warbird fleet. Love my warbirds!!! Maybe H9 will get them back in stock before May. Hang in there!!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.