Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 17 of 147 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

I really like the perpendicular second antennae int the handle. Sweet
    Remember: Speed is life!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.stanfordtuck.com/

Interesting stuff there. I recommed the biography of Wing Commander Tuck, Fly for your Life . Another great read of Spitfire is by our fellow American and eventual USAF Lieutenant General, George LovingWoodbine Red Leader. I like that book in particular 'cause it's written like an expanded flight log book. Back with Amazon links for you brothers.....

http://www.amazon.com/Fly-Your-Life-...2039004&sr=1-1

here's General Loving's
    http://www.amazon.com/Woodbine-Red-L...2039400&sr=1-1

flew Spitfire and then the Mustang. He liked Merlins, RR and Packard. Amen!
    There are Leaders, followers, and Troublemakers!
    -Capt. J.L.D., U.S.Army (ret.), my dad.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RCU meltdown......repost

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Saburo Sakai,
    Thanks for the links.
    Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52
    Great Planes Citabria DLE 35RA CC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, finally got finished with the Ziroli Corsair and was able to at least ..see...the spitfire wing lol. So I took a picture of it. Ill get the fuse down this week as soon as the Corsair is out of the way and off the table.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw67498.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	1740277  
    Spitfire Brotherhood member #23

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Back in the days, I could have two on the table at the same time, but, that was back in the days!!!
    Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually, I have 3 tables One is occupied by a DC3 build, the other by a Fighter Aces Valkyrie build, and the third is the Corsair. I also have a small electric prototype Im at the covering stage on.

Name:	Xv65508.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	1740461   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca81284.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	1740462  

CHURCHILL VOTED GREATEST BRITON OF ALL TIME!

It is really great to enjoy the enthusiasm of so many Spitfire Brotherhood members for what many believe to be the most beautiful fighter of all time! One of the monuments to Britain's FINEST HOUR, the SPITFIRE is surely a great reminder of the FEW to whom so many owe so much!

Britain's leader at the time, Sir Winston Churchill, has been named the greatest Briton of all time in a nation wide poll. His inspirational leadership is inseparable from the heroic fighter pilots and their immortal aircraft. It is impossible for me to separate the idealism from the planes and/or the pilots. "If Britain - its eccentricity, its big heartedness, its strength of character - has to be summed up in one person, it has to be Winston Churchill." So says the article entitled: "Churchill voted greatest Briton."

The insulting act of kicking Winston Churchill's statue out of the White House (check out the web for articles) should require at the very least an apology. Surely I am not the only Spitfire and Hurricane owner fan to be offended. So far, only one other modeler has demonstrated the same feelings I have about the situation.

I am looking forward to participating in Battle of Britain celebrations in spirit by flying my Spitfires and Hurricane in memory of the Battle that surely saved Western Civilization from destruction as well as the values that made it possible.

Modelers can, and I hope will play an important roll in the culture war that is desperately and relentlessly being waged to enslave us all to a powerful elite. So, let us wake up and smell the gun powder before it is too late!

Aim High, Fly, Fight, Win!

Out.

[] [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif] (I wish the "action smileys" would work consistently on my PC. Until I see them working like they should I will not be clicking on them to use on my posts for the forseeable future.)

__________________________________________________ ___
    FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post # 407 Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling

PS For some unknown reason I am being blocked from forwarding a copy of this post to friends. You don't suppose someone out there doesn't like me very much, do you? (problem finally corrected (4/19/12) possibly before going "viral.")

Without encouragement of wholesome enduring values that promote personal growth, modeling would be little more than a frivilous waste of time, or worse - check out the "Turkey Shoot" page on my CALL TO GLORY web site to see what I mean. Cultural relevance of modeling is essential for it to thrive and grow like it should.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's a great read I enjoyed. Inspiring man, Bader.
    http://www.amazon.com/Reach-Sky-Doug...2607003&sr=1-1
    Paul Brickhill, the author of this bio, also wrote "The Great Escape". Good stuff.
    Lots of Spitfire, of course, otherwise.....
    Hey, Mad Web, on the positive side of things: at least the famous bust of Sir Winston hasn't been subjected to the very fascism he fought against every single day.Spitfire and Sir Winston are above petty little men, and shall win the day again.

Name:	Pn36768.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	1742053  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How about we stick to modelling on this site rather than political issues and culture wars. We get enough of that in the news every day!!!

Cheers,
    So many planes, so little time

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Duplicator41

How about we stick to modelling on this site rather than political issues and culture wars. We get enough of that in the news every day!!!

Cheers,
    +1

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes the Spitfire is a beautiful airplane! Has always been my favorite fighter for the looks and the sound, I am hoping to maiden my Hangar 9 spit in the morning but am on call and not sure that it will happen. Tried to maiden it a few months ago and the retract servo failed! its fixed so I ready Spitfire addict 75

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fellow brothers ... While I really enjoy Spitfires .. I really don't know much about the different versions .. So .. I would like to know what version has only one radiator under the wing  with some sort cylinder  shape under the opposite wing .. Any ideas  ? thanks
    spitfire brotherhood #47 West Coast Squadron

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I really dont think he meant to start a war of words. I didnt take it that way. I really dont even see anything wrong with what was said The history of the spitfire is every much as important as any other wwII warbird. In a small way it is rellivant to this thread. What sets it apart from just being another wwII airplane

WBG

Spitfire Brother flyntruk, The "Battle of Britain" Mk II had the single radiator and round oil cooler. The web can usually clear things up if you ask the right questions. I'll do more research and report on my findings if you would like.

Sakai, thank you for your understanding and kindness. I am bad about coming on a tad to strongly sometimes in the pursuit of "conciseness" (?). I must learn to be more patient and considerate.

#1 it is an absolute honor and pleasure to provide as much free advertising as possible for your (our) Spitfire thread.

WARBIRDGUY, I confused you with #1. Hopefully, your brotherly kindness and his will help smooth over any raw nerves that my composition may have aggravated. So far I have gotten some good feedback from modeling manufactures as well as from suppressed "New Energy" businesses with my "somewhat" provocative style but I promise to try to tone it down a bit. I tend to get stressed out by the news also and can use a little escape from it all myself.

So, everybody keep on having fun. This thread has really great potential!

Out.

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

Spitfire Brotherhood # 64 - Post # 407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -

PS This post is being blocked from being sent also. Does anyone suppose maybe the energy monopoly might be involved in suppressing the truth about superior energy technology? Say it isn't so!

We all love to buy gasoline regardless of the cost, don't we? The energy cartel(s) would never do anything untoward for mere profit now, would they? And, of course, energy technology is now so perfect that there is nothing else to learn that might cost the energy monopoly anything. What a great world! Oh, one last little thing, the Flight Journal with what looks like a "photo shopped" Hurricane nose on the front cover, there is powerful evidence that aviation is going to be an important part of real science education in the future. Check out, "Impossible Barriers Are Made To Be Broken."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

day at the field
    Hurst, Texas near Fort Worth

Name:	Bz78954.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	1742399  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flyntruk

Β* Fellow brothers ... While I really enjoy Spitfires .. I really don't know much about the different versions .. So .. I would like to know what version has only one radiator under the wingΒ* with some sort cylinderΒ* shape under the opposite wing .. Any ideasΒ* ? thanks
    The Mk.I, II, V, and XII as well as the PR.IV and PR.VI all had assymetrical undersides with a radiator under the starboard wing and a smaller oil cooler under the port wing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dang Chad,
    I'd have bet that the Mk XII (first Griffon Spitfire) had symmetrical radiators but you're right! One little 'ole radiator sitting over there.
    Chris...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hellcat56;
    Great looking spit's!! Now can you send some of that good flying weather here to the Great Northwest!!! Old man winter just don't want to leave!!
    Thanks for the picture!!
    Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Hellcat ... can you tell us more about those planes , like  who made them , Great Planes , or Top Flite , or what   ?  Nice looking birds  there ...
    spitfire brotherhood #47 West Coast Squadron

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

Dang Chad,
    I'd have bet that the Mk XII (first Griffon Spitfire) had symmetrical radiators but you're right! One little 'ole radiator sitting over there.
    Chris...
    Hi Chris,

The Mk.XII is something of a mish-mash of old and new when it comes to Spitfires. Despite being the first of the "big engine" Spitfires the Mk.XII was actually in production before the Merlin powered Mk.IX Spit. Most of the 100 or so Mk.XII Spits were converted Mk.V airframes which explains why they retained the old style radiator set up. (Converted on the production line by the way, not from completed aircraft.) However, apparently some of them were converted using Mk.VIII fuselages as well and have the retractable tail wheel associated with that version. Both fixed and retractable tail wheels can be found on Mk.XII Spits. They also exhibit the older style elevator mass balances but have the broad chord pointed rudder so I assume they must have all had Mk.V horizontal stabs and Mk.VIII vertical stabs! Despite being a "Frankin-Spit" I personally think the Mk.XII and its navalized equivalent the Seafire XV are among the most attractive of the Spitfire line. (Take note that the Seafire does have dual symetrical radiators and the later style mass balances on the elevators as it is a much more refined airframe even though based on the Mk.XII Spitfire initially.)

Spitfire Mk.XII

Seafire XV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Brotherhood.
    Today was a very good day!! The temp hit 61 degs, clear sky and no wind!! I was shock no other member of my club came out!! I had the field to my-self. I ran a gallon of fuel in the Spitfire. For me this was a warbird day. Three plane went to the field, Top Flite P-51, Top Flite AT-6 Texan and the Hangar 9 Spitfire. The P-51 and the Texan never made it out of the SUV.

@ Chad,
    I do love the Seafire!! Do you or any brother know if some made or make a kit of her??
    Thanks for the pictures and any info!!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jet22b
    @ Chad,
    I do love the Seafire!! Do you or any brother know if some made or make a kit of her??
    Thanks for the pictures and any info!!!
    Seagull/EScale/Diamond make a 65 inch span sport scale ARF of the Seafire XV (see below) which is the only one I am aware of. However, just about every version of the Spitfire had a navalised Seafire equivalent so just about any Spitfire could be made into some version of the Seafire without too much effort.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chad,
    Thank you so much!! That one is now on my build list!! One good friend ask me one day 5 years ago, why do I love warbird. The only thing they was good for was to kill people. I told him, I don't look at it that way. I look at the warbird as a plan that was put on paper to the way it look back in the days when it roll off the line. When I see a Spitfire or any warbird in the air, it take me back in time when the skies was full of them. But the best part is to talk to some of the people who flew them and the love they had for them!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It looks like the flying season has arrived in Oklahoma, and if not already, I hope the same is for you soon. It is time to sharpen our skill sets in preparation for a fun, and safe flying season. Keep in mind the close proximity our hands are to those spinning saw blades we call props, take a moment to ensure our aircraft are in safe operational order, and to minimize losses start your flying season practicing the basics before executing the more advanced maneuvers.

Concerning squadrons; I have reconsidered this idea after much feedback, and I thank everyone for your thoughts on this subject. I think the best idea was to allow those with-in the Brotherhood to organize their squadrons based on their desires and locations.

Concerning Shirts; I have submitted a request for a design based on the suggestions given and hope to have something soon for you to see.

I also hope to see more photos like those from Hurst, TX. Good showing guys
    WARBIRDRCER:
    P-40, P-39, & Spitfire Brotherhood #1
    Skyraider Brotherhood #2
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2
    Member #12: Not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, warbird brotherhood