Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Old 04-15-2012, 05:34 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

i won't be able to make to the show this year as i'm going to Kentucky jets . but i hope the spitfire cames back and the museum folks told me that a FW 190 is coming. dang !
Old 04-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Warbirdguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im just bout done with this C47. Then its time to get the spitty out Cant wait to get it back in the air. Will post pics when I start to work on it.

WBG

Here is the C47 ready for final primer on fuse and wing panels ready for glass.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22346.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1751001  
Old 04-15-2012, 07:32 PM
jet22b

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WBG;
Great looking C-47. I would love to see a picture when it is done!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 04-15-2012, 08:29 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

WB -1  hey thanks for the vid nice work   , I know it took some time to do that ..  Is it just me , but does EVERY  air show  have to have the Moe and Joe show coming out of the PA system  ?    And kids .... it seems like there is always one thats showing off lung capacity ... . Even when I watch vids from foreign countries ...
Old 04-15-2012, 09:37 PM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: flyntruk

does EVERY air show have to have the Moe and Joe show coming out of the PA system ?
At the show I posted, the announcers had been "requested" to shut up while the Spitfire was performing. They didn't quite make it but they said less than the year before
Old 04-16-2012, 02:42 AM
warbird_1

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy

Im just bout done with this C47. Then its time to get the spitty out Cant wait to get it back in the air. Will post pics when I start to work on it.

WBG

Here is the C47 ready for final primer on fuse and wing panels ready for glass.
nice job on the 47. is it a ziroli?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:46 AM
warbird_1

ORIGINAL: flyntruk

WB -1 hey thanks for the vid nice work , I know it took some time to do that .. Is it just me , but does EVERY air show have to have the Moe and Joe show coming out of the PA system ? And kids .... it seems like there is always one thats showing off lung capacity ... . Even when I watch vids from foreign countries ...
honestly .. a lot of times they stop talking and have the audience enjoy the wonderful sounds of the the engines . plus at least here .. if they say something ,it's usually something informative.
but i have heard my share of blabber mouths ! ah man that's sooooo irritating.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 AM
schulze rocks

Hi Guys,
I would like to join in the brotherhood if there is still room? My Spitfire is a Savex model of a Mk5C 'Malta Defender'. It still has some detail work to be done like fitting the canons and weathering. This model flies a treat but the take offs can sometimes be a bit of a challenge, especially off soft grass strips.
Set up
Hacker A50-16L
Dualsky XP4250HED 6s LiPo
APC 15x12 Pattern Prop
Dualsky XC80amp ESC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52166.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	1751095  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:28 AM
Skopik

I would like to join, I have a "ESM 89" and "SAVEX" Spitfire. Thanks.... Skopik

(English is not my language :-))

[link=http://www.rcalbum.com/index.php?sum=1641&amode=&lng=0]My Spitfire[/link]
Old 04-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Mustang Fever
My Feedback: (2)

This is the coolest news I have heard in a very long time: 20 Spit MkIIs buried in Burma in 1945, still in the shipping crates and preserved for the trip from England, have been located and are to be dug up and repatriated to the UK. The PM got involved to make it happen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ned-to-UK.html

If they are all got flying again, that will nearly double the number in airworthy condition.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 AM
warbird_1

ORIGINAL: Mustang Fever

This is the coolest news I have heard in a very long time: 20 Spit MkIIs buried in Burma in 1945, still in the shipping crates and preserved for the trip from England, have been located and are to be dug up and repatriated to the UK. The PM got involved to make it happen.

If they are all got flying again, that will nearly double the number in airworthy condition.
unbelievably Good news thanks for sharing . awesome !!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 AM
Saburo Sakai

Mustang Fever and Brothers,
Wonderful discovery! It well couldbe this unearthedcomplete Spitfire Squadron isangelic prophecy revelation! You do know that when the Lord comes he'll surely be flying a Spitfire.
Hope through the Faith that shall win the race,
Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Reportedly Mk.XIV Spitfires Mustang Fever, rather than Mk.IIs. The latter would have been long out of combat service in 1945.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:33 AM
jet22b

"WOW"!! This is a great find!!! I hope the History channel do a story on this. This is a great time capsule!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Me410

The date reported as when they were buried seems messed up.
The Japanese invaded Burma in Dec 1941, Rangoon fell in Mar 1942, the British were driven back into India.

These Mk2,s ( if this is true ) would have been buried between dec 1941 and the spring of 1942 as the British retreated. That would make some sense, although a retreating army usually burns and destroys any weapons it cant take with them. If they had the time to bury these then that would make sense as they hope to reuse them. But the Japanese were in Burma till the end of the War, aug 1945.

At that time there was no value in obsolete prop driven fighters, most went to the scrap metal dealers. So I can see the reason nobody would see the worth in digging them back up then. Now of course the collector value is huge.

But I suspect this story alittle.

Tom
Old 04-16-2012, 11:32 AM
warbird_1

ORIGINAL: Me410

The date reported as when they were buried seems messed up.
The Japanese invaded Burma in Dec 1941, Rangoon fell in Mar 1942, the British were driven back into India.

These Mk2,s ( if this is true ) would have been buried between dec 1941 and the spring of 1942 as the British retreated. That would make some sense, although a retreating army usually burns and destroys any weapons it cant take with them. If they had the time to bury these then that would make sense as they hope to reuse them. But the Japanese were in Burma till the end of the War, aug 1945.

At that time there was no value in obsolete prop driven fighters, most went to the scrap metal dealers. So I can see the reason nobody would see the worth in digging them back up then. Now of course the collector value is huge.

But I suspect this story alittle.

Tom
aww come on 410 ... don't pee in my corn flakes lol
Old 04-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Here is a good link if you want to keep up to date on what's happening with the buried Spitfires. This is the forum for the British avaition magazine "Flypast". Lots of very well connected people on the site.

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=116104

I would be very, very surprised if they turn out to be Mk.II Spits. Assuming they are there at all of course.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Mustang Fever
My Feedback: (2)

Yeah, it's the article that claims they are Mk IIs and provides the date. Bound to be suspect as I don't think the media can get anything right that's even remotely technical. I saw a program the other night that referred to a Pontiac 400 engine as having a displacement of "400cc". Yeah, right.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:57 PM
mad web tv scientist

Wow!!! What a thread! It is truly a pleasure to enjoy vicarious pleasures with the Spitfire modelers on this thread and spread seductive Spit infection far and wide on other fighter threads.

dubs, after discussions about balancing I found out even with well balanced props, spinner, etc., I finally ran into vibration that I think is the result of crash damage to my spinner shaft. Today one of the capacitors vibrated off the ESC while testing burst power on my Spitfire's wingman Hurricane. I've ordered a new ESC, and will order extra ahafts just in case. We are looking forward to flying adventures with your new Spitter!

(Be back shortly.)

Looks like we outmaneuvered the "Sorry . . . timed out" enemy this time so let's have some fun!

Rob, I'm with ya man. I'll try to contain myself as I joyfully agree with how really great our clean electric fighters are. No offence intended engine lovers, I still have dreams of doing exciting things with "infernal internal explosion" engines myself, especially once the truth about how some of them can be made to run on "electrically processed water" can be freely discussed. I'm not holding my breath.

I love the "supercharged" effect that virtually eleminates altitude as a concerning variable once testing shows what pitch is needed at altitude. My ultimate "Just Fly At Any Altitude Fighters" are the "variable pitch" prop equipped killer P-51 GUNFIGHTER and F4F Wildcat fighters. All of my other fighters require higher pitch props for "high altitude" flight - same performance at altitude as down on the deck.

Assuming we don't lose our freedom, I predict great things for the future of modeling!

Better break off the attack for now. I shall return!

Out!

__________________________________________________ __
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

__________________________________________________ __
Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling

__________________________________________________ _______
Please enjoy the following FACEBOOK FINEST HOUR WITH SPITFIRES! As of 5/10/12 my Facebook account became inoperable. http://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167
Old 04-16-2012, 06:57 PM
aerofalcon
My Feedback: (15)

No, they're not MKII's. They're MKXIV's, which fits the time frame 1945. Below is the link to the article.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._206526-1.html

This is very exciting news, indeed.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:12 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

Schulze ande skopik .... Welcome to the brotherhood   !
Old 04-17-2012, 05:00 AM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: perttime

We don't get lots of warbirds in my corner of the world... but the Spitfire pilot I've seen flying is pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S-CX4BvBNM

It is not my video but I was there.

I heard he's bringing a P-51 this year.
Great Video!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:51 AM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: warbird_1

ok guys , i thought i'd give you something to drool over. I shot this in geneseo,ny a few years back . like '08 not HD but still good. enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSTdHxOuWbU
More good Spitfire video footage
Old 04-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Me410

Every newspaper article I read on the buried Spitfires is alittle different, different marks of Spitfires, different reasons why they were buried, different amounts, etc. Odd that all these reporters can't get thier facts straight. Like all warbird lovers,I hope this story is true, but it smells fishy to me.

Tom
Old 04-17-2012, 09:30 AM
jet22b

Tom,
Like your-self, I too hope this is a true story. This would be a major find in warbird history!! As you can see, people love the sight and sound of these planes. It take you back in the days when they left their home base and the skies was full of them, but the sad thing was the return flight to see how many would not come home!! To me these planes are a big part of history and the best way to see them, is in the air!!!
My hat is off to all that flew them!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.